HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

mtl\ott

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2004, 05:43 PM
Mooch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo
Then you're a raging homer and or an idiot.
Hows he an idiot. I mean we all know that Chara is awsome, but Komo has soo much potential its not even funy.

Or maybe he just loves the guy. Jeez. Personally i too would keep Komo, period.

Youd think a guy with 4000+ post would know the rules by now.

Last edited by Mooch: 05-03-2004 at 05:47 PM.
Old
05-03-2004, 05:45 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Then you're a raging homer and or an idiot.
me neither, I'd keep Komi, I guess that makes me an idiot too

Old
05-03-2004, 06:00 PM
toughstuff

Marian Hossa is the real deal.

He could possibly be the best player in the league. I would trade both Theo and Zednick for this guy. I have seen this guy play in person. He is worth the admission fee to himself.

I however prefer Komi over Chara. Chara is better now but Komi still has several good years ahead of him. Chara is expensive immediately whereas Komi will come cheap for several years yet.

But .... no chance of this happening....

Old
05-03-2004, 06:03 PM
toughstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
Ive another proposal: Marcel + Rivet for Havlat

Then replace Rivet by Beauchemin
Is the goal to have the HABS become more athletic and bigger. Where was Havlat in the last three Sens playoff years. Very talented but is work ethic is questionable. His dedication ????

Keep Marcel and Rivet. They are part of the HABS puzzle.

Old
05-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
let me remind you guys of a couple of things :

f) Any outlandish claims of inside info. This is subjective and will be at the discretion of the moderator after consulting with other posters and other admins

g) Making threats, libelous comments, or attacks on other posters, including former posters, will not be tolerated. This is simple as calling someone an idiot, or as complex as calling them something in another language

Now knock it off.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
05-03-2004, 06:13 PM
Natural Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
If the Nucks offered that I'd do it in a heartbeat. The only problem with trading Theo is we have zero insurance policy in case Garon falters. If Van would throw in Hedberg as well(probably not) I would not think twice before signing.
Vancouver doesn't even have a GM to offer anything. I doubt Theo will be traded anyway.

Old
05-03-2004, 06:14 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Hows he an idiot. I mean we all know that Chara is awsome, but Komo has soo much potential its not even funy.
Potential to become what? A physical, oversized defenseman with two way ability and Norris Trophy potential?
Does that sound like any other player you know?

Komisarek's upside IS Zdeno Chara, at best, and he is still unlikely to reach that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Or maybe he just loves the guy. Jeez. Personally i too would keep Komo, period.
See option 1 then, raging homer. Your prerogative, it just lacks common sense. If you can improve your team, generally, you do it.

Old
05-03-2004, 06:27 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
Vancouver doesn't even have a GM to offer anything. I doubt Theo will be traded anyway.
Tell you the truth, I don't think we should trade Theo either, but if someone offered me Jovo for Theo I would do it. Like someone above me said, whenever you can improve your team, go for it.

As for Chara for Komi? Hell yeah. Oh man if I was GM and those two trades would happen you would see Jovo-Chara

I'm getting ahead of myself here....

Old
05-03-2004, 07:06 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
Tell you the truth, I don't think we should trade Theo either, but if someone offered me Jovo for Theo I would do it. Like someone above me said, whenever you can improve your team, go for it.

As for Chara for Komi? Hell yeah. Oh man if I was GM and those two trades would happen you would see Jovo-Chara

I'm getting ahead of myself here....
I wouldn't. There are only two players in the league I would trade Theo for one up: Kovalchuk and Iginla.

Old
05-03-2004, 07:15 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by julien
i've seen o the trade and rumour talk board they were saying this trade

mtl:Hossa and Chara

ott:theodore,Zednick,Komisarek

What do you guys think
DONE

Old
05-03-2004, 08:11 PM
toughstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
I wouldn't. There are only two players in the league I would trade Theo for one up: Kovalchuk and Iginla.
Kovalchuk and Iginla type player are scarce.

Above average goalies, even franchise goalies, are less rare. (Nabokov,Giguere,Kiprusof,Habibilin, Belfour, Luongo, Brodeur, Theodore, Vokoun, ...)

Old
05-03-2004, 08:38 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
i think the poster should duck and run...........it might be a good idea to delete this thread

Old
05-03-2004, 08:50 PM
furax

Send a message via ICQ to furax
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
i think the poster should duck and run...........it might be a good idea to delete this thread
I agree!

Old
05-03-2004, 10:21 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
What about Luongo, Nash and Heatley???

(insert drool here) :lol

Never in a million years would you even see such a block buster deal take place in the same division, plus we would need a goalie in return to even make such a deal.

Old
05-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Prendan Brust

Quote:
Potential to become what? A physical, oversized defenseman with two way ability and Norris Trophy potential?

Komisarek's upside IS Zdeno Chara, at best, and he is still unlikely to reach that.

See option 1 then, raging homer. Your prerogative, it just lacks common sense. If you can improve your team, generally, you do it.
I'm with Voodoo here, if Komisarek becomes half the player Chara is now i'll be very pleased.

Some of you guys are blinded by faith!

Old
05-03-2004, 10:37 PM
toughstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS

... plus we would need a goalie in return to even make such a deal.
I do not think it is necessary to have a goalie included in the package. There are plenty of proven back ups on the free agency market. Isn't there Felix Potvin, Patrick Lalime, Sean Burke, ....

Old
05-03-2004, 10:42 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Clouts wont be back in Vancouver, I would rather trade with a team from the other conference, if, again if, we decide to trade one of our goalies. From what I heard on some radio stations here in Vancouver, they might try to move Jovo to get a no 1 goalie. Thoughts?
Why would Cloutier not be back? He was one of Vancouver's better player last year and he was fine during the playoffs until that injury.

Old
05-03-2004, 11:14 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
Why would Cloutier not be back? He was one of Vancouver's better player last year and he was fine during the playoffs until that injury.
Why? Because Auld is ready and Hedberg is there, out of Hedberg and Cloutier who has the most trade value?

Vancouver is doing a team overall, so are teams like Ottawa, Boston (UFA's leaving in Murray and Rolston anyway) and Dallas...look for some good deals this summer if the teams are willing to do deals with an impending lock out. Some big names are on there way out.

Old
05-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:

I still like Komo, so shoot me. He will be more physical than Chara imo, maybe he wont hit harder, but you get my drift.....

I like Komo, and i see nothing but good things for this guy, because of his awsome work ethic!!

If you still dont like my opinion, well than, too bad......

Old
05-03-2004, 11:25 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Why? Because Auld is ready and Hedberg is there, out of Hedberg and Cloutier who has the most trade value?

Vancouver is doing a team overall, so are teams like Ottawa, Boston (UFA's leaving in Murray and Rolston anyway) and Dallas...look for some good deals this summer if the teams are willing to do deals with an impending lock out. Some big names are on there way out.
If that was the case though, why would they want Theo? Also, Cloutier is no Theo (in reputation and salary) and Auld hasn't even been a back-up for a year, why not go with a Cloutier/Auld tandem and fade out Cloutier if Auld takes over? About Hedberg, he's behind Auld in goaltender depth in Vancouver so I doubt he'll be there next year at all. I don't see Cloutier's value real high either with the reputation he got.

Old
05-04-2004, 12:22 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Neither Clouts nor Hedberg would be back next year. A recent poll in The Province voted out Clouts and Hedberg apparently not very happy with his situation/roll in Vancouver won't be back next year. Even Burke's departure rumored to be related to the goalie situation in Vancouver (this one I don't believe). Kolzig maybe in Vancouver next year???, imo they will try to get a proven goalie and with the emerge of Brian Allen, Jovo, again imo, is out!

Old
05-04-2004, 12:28 AM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Neither Clouts nor Hedberg would be back next year. A recent poll in The Province voted out Clouts and Hedberg apparently not very happy with his situation/roll in Vancouver won't be back next year.
If the team starts making decisions based on polls in The Province, then it will sink down. Many players were "voted out" (Koivu this year during the Koivu-Ribeiro thing) and they didn't get traded, rightfully so.

I just don't get why Vancouver would send away Cloutier since he just had his best year in career and was one of the Nuck's best players.

Old
05-04-2004, 12:34 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
If the team starts making decisions based on polls in The Province, then it will sink down. Many players were "voted out" (Koivu this year during the Koivu-Ribeiro thing) and they didn't get traded, rightfully so.

I just don't get why Vancouver would send away Cloutier since he just had his best year in career and was one of the Nuck's best players.
******* Burke out Dave Nonis the new GM

Just announced on SportsTalk.

Closed Thread