HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Victor Ejdsell

Old
05-09-2017, 08:19 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
If he is signed with us, we can assign him to Milwaukee over HV71. We did the same to Fiala. He was playing on HV71 and halfway through the year the Preds told him to go to Milwaukee.
I thought there was a caveat that allowed us to only do that with 1st round picks... or am I misremembering?

05-09-2017, 09:50 AM
marone

vCash: 500
Since Sweden made it 14 teams in SHL the second league Hockeyallsvenskan is not as good as it was when Filip played there.

Som good NHL players though who went from Hockeyallsvenskan to NHL and never played in SHL.

Patrik Berglund St Louis
Mikael Backlund Calgary
Oliver Ekman-Larsson Arizona
Michael Raffl Philadelphia
Filip Forsberg Smashville

Last edited by marone: 05-09-2017 at 12:10 PM.
marone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 11:07 AM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMAN88 View Post
This is beyond amazing... so much great things are happening to Nashville. I mean at this time last year he would have chosen another team for sure. Even a month ago maybe...
Right now the whole world is starting to realize such a great hockey city is Nashville. Such a great team the Predators have
True. Nashville was a team that didnt get much media attention here in Sweden, but this season has changed all that.
We gave you some nice players, but hey Nashville gave us Doug Seegers. Win-win.

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
True. Nashville was a team that didnt get much media attention here in Sweden, but this season has changed all that.
We gave you some nice players, but hey Nashville gave us Doug Seegers. Win-win.
This post kind of got me thinking. In North America we hear about "small market" teams, like Nashville for example that don't play in one of the bigger cities and most of the time that results in not many people paying attention to teams like that. Overseas is it not really looked at like that? I guess it would make sense if people in Sweden, for example, just look at us and see "the Predators". They wouldn't see us so much as "Nashville". Maybe that's not necessarily true, I don't know but it would make sense.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 03:24 PM
Gh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
This post kind of got me thinking. In North America we hear about "small market" teams, like Nashville for example that don't play in one of the bigger cities and most of the time that results in not many people paying attention to teams like that. Overseas is it not really looked at like that? I guess it would make sense if people in Sweden, for example, just look at us and see "the Predators". They wouldn't see us so much as "Nashville". Maybe that's not necessarily true, I don't know but it would make sense.
I think that's quite true. I can't even place all the teams on a map, not to mention that I'd know anything about all of those places.

I think who plays for a team, how the team has played lately or how popular it is generally (along with lots of other random reasons) matters so much more than where the team is located and the emotional attachment to go with it. When I started to follow Preds it had nothing to do with them being a Nashville team. When I grew to like them it had nothing to do with them being a Nashville team. Now that I consider myself a fan I still don't think it had nothing to do with them being a Nashville team. That being said, learning about the fans, the city, the team and having a good discussions with you folks Nashville has become the first (and so far the only) NA city I've put on my must-visit-list.

Gh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 04:15 PM
Preds33

Quote:
I'm not sure about this and the reason I say that is because in 2011 I went to London and they asked where we were from quite often. We would say Tenneseee and the reply back was always "I know where that is....Jack Daniels!"

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 04:54 PM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

Let's get it signed sealed and delivered. No more Vesey nonsense.

bdub24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 05:12 PM
Pred303

all I need to know is every other major team out there wanted him. good enough scouting report for me.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 05:30 PM
PerdFan

Quote:
If he is signed with us, we can assign him to Milwaukee over HV71. We did the same to Fiala. He was playing on HV71 and halfway through the year the Preds told him to go to Milwaukee.
In 2 interviews I read he said he would go to camp and if he didn't make it he would go back to Sweden. Since he's not a drafted player I don't think we have his exclusive rights since he signed with HV71 before he signed with NSH. Or is that not still an international "no poaching" rule?

PerdFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Quote:
I'm not sure about this and the reason I say that is because in 2011 I went to London and they asked where we were from quite often. We would say Tenneseee and the reply back was always "I know where that is....Jack Daniels!"
As someone who has lived from coast to coast throughout the last 8 years I can say you get a MUCH different reaction by saying you're from Nashville than saying you're from Tennessee

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2017, 09:32 PM
LCPreds

I've yet to find an international location in recent years where saying Nashville doesn't illicit some type of positive reaction. Not sure Tennessee would actually get any kind of response. Might as well say Wyoming.

LCPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 03:50 AM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

Quote:
Yeah that's true and here in Finland the majority that follows the NHL still support Caps, Pens, Wild, Rangers teams that have superstars, are traditional or have a lot of Finns. The media recognizes it too, but the Preds get relatively lot media attention cause of Rinne, Saros, Salomaki and the Swedes. Lately, people are taking the smaller teams and such under their wings a lot more.

But yes, it's not pretty much at all focused on the city the team plays in here.

Scoresberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 04:14 AM
McCullogh

Ejdsell today was confirmed signing for HV71 (the swedish champions). Not sure what it means for next season though.

A quick translation from the press announcment:
"Victors season in Allsvenskan last year has hardly escaped anyone in hockey-Sweden. A center with all the tools to become an amazing player and we are happy that Victor will be wearing the HV-shirt next season."

(Sorry for bad translation but hope its somewhat understandable).

McCullogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 05:25 AM
marone

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCullogh View Post
Ejdsell today was confirmed signing for HV71 (the swedish champions). Not sure what it means for next season though.

A quick translation from the press announcment:
"Victors season in Allsvenskan last year has hardly escaped anyone in hockey-Sweden. A center with all the tools to become an amazing player and we are happy that Victor will be wearing the HV-shirt next season."

(Sorry for bad translation but hope its somewhat understandable).
He says that he will take one step at a time. He really look forward to play for HV71

About the speculation of Nashville he says he has not signed for Preds, even if/when he signs for Preds he will play in HV71 next season.

marone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 09:07 AM
TitansVolsPreds615

Quote:
Had the same experience from the Netherlands to Spain. Mention Tennessee and people immediately say Jack Daniels, Elvis, Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift etc. Would not believe how many times I said I'm from Nashville,TN and they would say "That is where Taylor Swift lives!".

TitansVolsPreds615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 09:57 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Well, I really hope this guy signs. We have just missed on a handful of players over the years, and we could use a shot of talent into the pipeline.

05-15-2017, 12:36 PM
King Weber

The signing now made official. Two-year ELC.

King Weber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 05:21 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Weber View Post
The signing now made official. Two-year ELC.
Three year actually, he's still just 21.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 05:28 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

does that ELC slide if he goes back to Sweden this summer rather than Milwaukee?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 05:30 PM
Mortiest Morty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
does that ELC slide if he goes back to Sweden this summer rather than Milwaukee?
As I understand it, yes, it would. And as far as I know, his intention is to go back 100%, unless he somehow makes the Preds roster out of camp.

Mortiest Morty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2017, 09:02 PM
LastWordArmy

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiest Morty View Post
Three year actually, he's still just 21.

Its two years, cap friendly confirms that the NHL.com story is correct and the Preds PR dept tweet is wrong.

Included the tweets in our story, which also includes a scouting report.

http://lastwordonhockeyprospects.com...ictor-ejdsell/

LastWordArmy is offline   Reply With Quote