HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008 Draft Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Forechecker

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdevisser View Post
I understand why a lot of people are saying we need a bruiser on defense, but that's not where to go with the first round pick, that has to be addressed with the 3rd or 6th rounds picks we have-- and honestly, it's not impossible to find a defensive bruiser in the 3rd round.

The biggest problem this team is going to have is putting the puck in the net, especially with Shanahan, Jagr, and Straka on their way out (and Avery now too) the Rangers need to be thinking about drafting a first line player.
Dubi, Gomer, Drury, Callahan, Dawes, Prucha, etc. should more than make up for the 60 or so goals those four have been responsible for this season.

Old
03-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I found this on Erik Karlsson.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player...r=9878&lang=en

No idea where he might go in the draft.
He can probably thank Enström for gooing 4 rounds higher then he otherwise would!

I've seen very very little of him -- but he is the type youd expect to normally go in a 7th round, if getting drafted at all. But with Enströms success he might go in a 2-4th round.

He is a talented kid of course. I defenitly wouldn't mind picking him around a 3rd round. Like if he doesn't grow much more he is a project. But if he can grow like 2-3 inches -- he suddenly becomes much much more attractive.

Old
03-04-2008, 04:58 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
He can probably thank Enström for gooing 4 rounds higher then he otherwise would!

I've seen very very little of him -- but he is the type youd expect to normally go in a 7th round, if getting drafted at all. But with Enströms success he might go in a 2-4th round.

He is a talented kid of course. I defenitly wouldn't mind picking him around a 3rd round. Like if he doesn't grow much more he is a project. But if he can grow like 2-3 inches -- he suddenly becomes much much more attractive.
Don't know about length but he has added ~5kg of muscle since the start of the season.

Old
03-04-2008, 05:43 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I'd love to see the Rangers get a bit of a bruiser on defense.
Yeah, I had hoped we might have landed Nicholas Petrecki last year. Anyone know how he's been playing?

Old
03-04-2008, 05:48 PM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, I had hoped we might have landed Nicholas Petrecki last year. Anyone know how he's been playing?
Pretty solid Frosh season with Boston College... 9 points in 32 games, a team leading 66 PIM.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/team-over.../gender,m.html

Old
03-04-2008, 05:54 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
Pretty solid Frosh season with Boston College... 9 points in 32 games, a team leading 66 PIM.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/team-over.../gender,m.html
He was supposed to be tough as nails...so they said. Exactly what we could use on the blue line right now.

Old
03-04-2008, 10:49 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
He was supposed to be tough as nails...so they said. Exactly what we could use on the blue line right now.
And tough he is. I'm a BC student/fan and he has been our best defenseman all year, bar none. He is good for 3-4 big hits every night, and also possesses a very underrated offensive game. I'd have loved to see him in blue, but at least he's out west where we won't have to see him as much.

Old
03-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Teubert's pretty close to Petrecki.

Seek and destroy missile, absolutely destroys guys, drops the gloves from time to time, pretty steady overall, just average offensive game (from what I saw in the beginning of the year) that seems to have picked up markedly. Beginning of a Phaneuf curve? I'm not sure, but much like Petrecki's, Teubert's physical willingness is unique.

TWITTER
@draftbuzzhockey
Old
03-23-2008, 10:24 PM
NYR425

Latest rankings from ISS have Beach falling to 10th overall... we are looking right now at somewhere from 19-30. What do you think it would take to trade up to 9 or 10 to pick him. Our #1 and ? what..... I also would like to add the one thing we are missing on the defense and that is a banger... Should Colten Teubert fall to us I would pick him in a heartbeat...He is also a righthanded shot... But our real need is topline scorer... NYR in the end will go BPA...

Old
03-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Mikos87

Beech and Filatov both might drop. Beech for his off the ice issues and on ice disciplinary problems and Filatov because of the whole Russian transfer agreement issue, some believe that he could be the next Chistov. If we are picking 30th (fingers crossed), or even 26 and later, I would not be opposed to packaging our first, 2-4 round picks, maybe the likes of Prucha, Baranka, Potter, Sauer, Bourett, etc etc (I prefer not to trade any roster players or players close to NHL ready). A quantity for potential quality deal, not crap, but depth for a team that needs like phoenix, or Columbus, to drop a few spots down.

The one thing that this organization has shown is that they will develop, every youngster on the Rangers right now has proven that they do not belong in the minors. We are getting to that stage where all those picks from the great purge are coming around to their second contracts. And unlike losing them to Europe for nothing like Helminen and Immonen, packaging some to move up in the draft is a good way to manage these assets.

More importantly it'll show the prospects that we won't hold them back from the NHL. Like in the case with AlMo, I know we traded him at his lowest value, but he knew he wasn't gonna play in NY, and we gave him a shot someplace else. This'll fight off the complacency in the minors, and we get to keep the best for ourselves.

Old
03-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Here's a very early mock draft: http://www.mynhldraft.com/

Old
03-24-2008, 10:36 AM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
interesting, I doubt Luke Schenn would get that far though

Old
03-27-2008, 02:49 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Beech and Filatov both might drop.
Beech may drop, but I doubt he will drop all the way into the Ranger's lap. He is a player I would love to add, but it seems very unrealistic.

Old
03-27-2008, 03:14 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
They got Teubert going 21. We could have a shot at him. Might have to move up a few spots, but if he's the real deal shut down dman with a nasty streak I'd be interested in making a move.

Old
03-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Not sure if Teubert can be both a shut down defenseman and defender with a mean streak. He is a willing, sometimes too aggressive of a hitter and physical presence. More like a Kloucek, Petrecki type than yes, Phaneuf.

Beach is one of those guys who falls in either black or white. To some even if he pans out, he would still not be worth the possible headache. To others, even if he doesn't pan out, he'd be worth the risk, time, and energy.

I still have not made up my mind but I'd lean more towards passing up on him. His toughness doesn't come off as the right kind of toughness, and his penalty minutes are disturbing - many have come from minor penalties. Just from watching our team, if a guy is prone too taking dumb penalties, you can't really coach that part of out of his game. Doesn't help that Beach is hard to reach on many levels either.

Broadway does like it's nutcases though. So hard to predict how instruction from a professional organization could change Beach. Right now, his only obligation is to Everett and the attitude he takes with them could very well be a temporary one. Some people change when they see themselves getting used to a six figure check.

Old
03-31-2008, 10:34 PM
squishy

Interview with Viktor Tikhonov on RussianProspects.com:

http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...article_id=571

I don't think we have a chance in hell of getting Filatov, but I might take a long look at Tikhonov if he makes it to the 2nd... and definitely if he drops to the 3rd/4th.

Old
04-01-2008, 12:25 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
They got Teubert going 21. We could have a shot at him. Might have to move up a few spots, but if he's the real deal shut down dman with a nasty streak I'd be interested in making a move.
I see what you see.

I'd love to get that kid.

Old
04-03-2008, 11:30 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR425 View Post
Latest rankings from ISS have Beach falling to 10th overall... we are looking right now at somewhere from 19-30. What do you think it would take to trade up to 9 or 10 to pick him. Our #1 and ? what..... I also would like to add the one thing we are missing on the defense and that is a banger... Should Colten Teubert fall to us I would pick him in a heartbeat...He is also a righthanded shot... But our real need is topline scorer... NYR in the end will go BPA...
Watch Beech he has already had 2 concussion this year. Not good for a young kid that plays a physical game.

Old
04-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

I wouldn't mind getting Teubert at all. I think he's got some nice upside. He's not a sure thing but if he progresses, he'd be a very good fit in our core group of young defenseman.

He reminds me of a poor man's Dion Phaneuf.

Old
04-04-2008, 08:05 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I wouldn't mind getting Teubert at all. I think he's got some nice upside. He's not a sure thing but if he progresses, he'd be a very good fit in our core group of young defenseman.

He reminds me of a poor man's Dion Phaneuf.
Edge- What are your thoughts on Kyle Beach?

Old
04-04-2008, 08:13 AM
cmdevisser

Send a message via AIM to cmdevisser
If we're looking for a defensemen with a mean streak that's something to be addressed in the 2nd round....this team needs young players that can put the puck in the net on a consistent basis.

Old
04-04-2008, 01:33 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Say the Rangers make a strong playoff push....they would then have a pick in the 26-29 range. Would any of you be opposed to my dream of having Jonathan Toews' brother David being drafted by the Rangers? He's a winger that has put up comparable numbers to his brother at the same age. Anyone have any thoughts on him?

Old
04-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
Edge- What are your thoughts on Kyle Beach?
I really like him, though he didn't have the offensive season I was expecting.

In a lot of ways, Beach reminds of what guys like Avery or Tucker would be like if they were bigger. He's got legit offensive upside, he annoys the living *@#! out of the other team and he's a kid who is only going to get bigger and stronger.

Personally, I am not terribly concerned about the concussions, right now. However, it is something to keep an eye on.

If he falls out of the top-10, I can't see him falling very far.

Old
04-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez to Jagr View Post
Say the Rangers make a strong playoff push....they would then have a pick in the 26-29 range. Would any of you be opposed to my dream of having Jonathan Toews' brother David being drafted by the Rangers? He's a winger that has put up comparable numbers to his brother at the same age. Anyone have any thoughts on him?
thats who i want the rangers to pick....but i am assuming we end up with a 22-30 pick.

Old
04-05-2008, 09:16 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers pick will be between #21-#23 barring the Rangers making the final four

Dallas has 95 points and 44 wins.Rangers have 96 points and 42 wins

If the Rangers beat the Devils,it's #23

If the Rangers lose and Dallas loses,it's #22

If the Rangers manage to get 1 point or the Rangers in regulation and Dallas beats SJ,it's #21

That 3rd round pick from the Matt Cullen moved up to #74 with Carolina missing the playoffs

Closed Thread