HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Minnesota @ Calgary

View Poll Results: Who was the Flames' MVP tonight?
Jarome Iginla 29 90.63%
Matthew Lombardi 0 0%
Dion Phaneuf 1 3.13%
Anders Eriksson 0 0%
Alex Tanguay 1 3.13%
Miikka Kiprusoff 1 3.13%
Other - please specify 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Minnesota @ Calgary

All post-game stuff goes here.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 11:46 PM
CBanana

Positives:
Iginla showing an absolutely dominating performance.

Kiprusoff made huge saves even if his stats don't show it.

Phaneuf being a norris calibre defenceman tonight.

Negatives:
Huselius is likely done for the season as a useful player for many reasons.

Regehr, Sarich and Eriksson.

Leaving Kiprusoff out to dry often.

Our domination of the Wild continues although it was closer than it should have been. Also quite the run and gun game considering that I expected the Flames to tighten up as the playoffs approach.

CBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Cyrus

vCash: 50
Iggy for MVP is the pretty clear choice. Without that 2nd period goal we're sunk. Kipper also played pretty well, a few of those goals he had no chance.

PP blew tonight, and I thought Primeau was brutal. Lots of penalties, no real presence.

Another 6 minutes for Huselius tonight. Not sure how I feel about that.

But the outcome was the right one, so no complaints.

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 12:35 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Thought we played well for the most part. Iggy, Kipper, Phaneuf and Tanguay were all great. Iginla clearly has the Wild's number and that second period goal was huge. Phaneuf had an outstanding game. What a goal he scored. Loved seeing him knock Boogard on his ass too. Kipper made several outstanding stops and was just solid. 4 goals doesn't look great, but can't blame him on any of them. Tanguay looks good on the first line again. He had a great game.

Defensively we weren't as good as on Thursday, but for the most part I was happy with our effort and we got the important goals when we needed them. Thought the third line of Yelle-Lombardi-Premeau was very good again. Great play by Yelle to take the puck away from Gaborik and chip it out to Lombardi for the winning goal. It finally looks like we have a solid reliable third line. Really liking Nilson's game as well.

2-0 to start this important stretch of games and I have been happy with the effort so far. If we can keep this up the division should be ours.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Very important win last night and it's good to see, that our star players finally shine, when we need them the most.
With last night's effort, Iginla, Phaneuf and Vandermeer redeemed themselves for their poor performances against Columbus on Tuesday. Iginla was a force all game long and was just amazing to watch. Kudos to Phaneuf for his great goal. I couldn't believe my eyes, when he went from coast-to-coast and eventually put the puck behind Harding.
HMs go to Kipper, who played another outstanding game despite the four goals, which he let in.

Flames however have to improve their defensive-zone coverage (Sarich and Regehr in particular) for the upcoming games, cause last night's win was benefited by poor goaltending from Harding.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 10:21 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

HUGE win.

MVP = Jarome Iginla! What a dominating performance.

Kiprusoff, Phaneuf, Tanguay, Lombardi all with good games as well.

Let's keep it rollin'.

GO FLAMES GO!

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
That was probably the most exciting game of the year (at home anyways) to date. Lots of energy, excitement, passion, etc....Playoff style game! Fights, goals, saves, hits....Great entertainment....All the Flames top players showed up tonight....

My only beef is how Keenan all of the sudden decided Huselius doesn't play physical enough to play a regular shift....First, why now. I think we all know he isn't the most physical guy out there. It just seems like stupid time to do this....Second, how can Keenan expect him to be sharp, both physically and mentally by just sitting on the bench and then having to pop on the ice and be in the flow of the game on the power-play....Third, if he's only going to play sporadically like that, why not just sit him out and let someone else play?....Fourth, I think we are going to need him come playoff time and this isn't going to help his confidence level any....And lastly, if there was any shot at Huselius re-signing in the off-season, it's probably completely out the door now....

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Jared Ramsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2008, 05:32 PM
KiwiFlamesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Ramsden View Post
That was probably the most exciting game of the year (at home anyways) to date. Lots of energy, excitement, passion, etc....Playoff style game! Fights, goals, saves, hits....Great entertainment....All the Flames top players showed up tonight....

My only beef is how Keenan all of the sudden decided Huselius doesn't play physical enough to play a regular shift....First, why now. I think we all know he isn't the most physical guy out there. It just seems like stupid time to do this....Second, how can Keenan expect him to be sharp, both physically and mentally by just sitting on the bench and then having to pop on the ice and be in the flow of the game on the power-play....Third, if he's only going to play sporadically like that, why not just sit him out and let someone else play?....Fourth, I think we are going to need him come playoff time and this isn't going to help his confidence level any....And lastly, if there was any shot at Huselius re-signing in the off-season, it's probably completely out the door now....
I agree with you. I don't like what Keenan is doing with Juice, it has Florida Panthers written all over it. We can probably say goodbye to him now cause I doubt he'll be back.

Anyway sounded like a really exciting game and so glad we got the win. Iggy is a beast and Dion sounded great. Only 7 games left...

GO FLAMES GO

KiwiFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 01:29 AM
BadNewsBearcat

I don't think I've seen Iggy play a better game all season than the one he played last night.

And one more thing, I just want to reiterate how happy I am that Darryl didn't trade Tanguay.

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
I saw the beginning and the end and it looked like a great game. It looks like they upped their intensity. Dion and Iggy looked great but I'm disappointed in how poor our defensive coverage continues to be. It will likely be our undoing.

As for Huselius, Keenan is showing why he always gets hired and quickly fired. I like the job he's done but you can't play with the confidence of a fragile, skilled player who you bench because you don't like the way he plays. He's having a "bad year" but he is still 2nd in team scoring and I believe can set a new season point total high. Way to kill his confidence because everyone knows he won't need our most offensively gifted player in the playoffs.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 01:19 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

I loved watching Boogaard come in for the hit on Phaneuf and getting knocked on his ass. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsBearcat View Post
And one more thing, I just want to reiterate how happy I am that Darryl didn't trade Tanguay.

I'll second that.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Cyrus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsBearcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
I'll second that.
Come on now guys, Sutter made a HUGE mistake by not trading Tanguay for Ryder. I mean, Imagine how good we'd be if we had Ryders 2 goals since the trade deadline!

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote