HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Jackets v Wings, Wednesday, March 19, 7:30 at the Joe

Old
03-21-2008, 09:04 AM
LaCosta Nostra

vCash: 500
Anyone else notice how Rimer kept pronouncing Kopecky's name "Kopetski"?

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 03:07 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
There's still Jackets player names he can't say, no surprise.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 03:25 AM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

vCash: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
There's still Jackets player names he can't say, no surprise.
Understatement...

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Its funny how just 2 games can change so much.

If we had won these last 2, we'd be sitting at 81 points, tied for 10th and 3 points out of the playoffs with a game in hand on the 8th place team.

Instead we are back at 77 points, 13th place with 5 teams ahead of us for that 8th seed. Game over? Pretty much. We could win out, and hope things above us go favorably, but it would take some good fortune and 7 wins in a row by a team that hasn't accomplished that all season(ever?).

2 games, think back to some of those losses in November/December/post ASG that we should have won.

It shows you just how important every single game is, every single point is, from early October to early April. Thats a lesson I hope every player on this roster learns from this season. We squandered alot of points due to a lack of focus. The SC playoffs is a reward for marathon runners, not sprinters who post great numbers in October.

Last night, I took my old CBJ flag down, its in tatters from 2 seasons of ice, rain, wind, and snow. I put up my new flag, and as I was folding up the old one I was thinking about this season, how high we were riding in the fall after the great start, watching Zherdev literally come to life on the ice, Leclaire post shut out after shut out, and then how we slowly tapered off, the team got banged up, was abandoned by their captain, tried so hard to claw their way back to the surface, but in the end just didn't have it in the them...kind of like that tattered flag.

These guys are competing, despite the lack of effort some nights, with a 20-25 million dollar roster, against teams that are making twice that money. We skated 5 AHL forwards and our back up net minder Saturday against the best team in the league. Why in the world would we think we have a chance at beating them? I guess because Hitchcock is behind the bench, and Nash is wearing the C.

I don't think I've seen such a roller coaster ride of a season in our 7 years of existence.

Last edited by Nordique: 03-24-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ Nut View Post
Anyone else notice how Rimer kept pronouncing Kopecky's name "Kopetski"?
Thats how its pronounced.

03-24-2008, 02:13 PM
frito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
2 games, think back to some of those losses in November/December/post ASG that we should have won.
That post ASG slump really killed us. If we could have even mustered .500 hockey , especially all those home losses, during that stretch the playoff race would have a whole different complexion. Couple that with the games we "should have won" vs. Chicago etc. and we're on the inside right now.

Oh well, no use saying "what if". Like may dad always used to say, "If the little dog didn't stop to take a sh** it would have caught the rabbit." That actually pretty much sums up our season. If the little dog, our beloved CBJ, didn't take a dump right after the ASG it wold have caught the rabbit, our first trip to the playoffs. And boy what a dump it was.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 02:14 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Last night, I took my old CBJ flag down, its in tatters from 2 seasons of ice, rain, wind, and snow. I put up my new flag, and as I was folding up the old one I was thinking about this season, how high we were riding in the fall after the great start, watching Zherdev literally come to life on the ice, Leclaire post shut out after shut out, and then how we slowly tapered off, the team got banged up, was abandoned by their captain, tried so hard to claw their way back to the surface, but in the end just didn't have it in the them...kind of like that tattered flag.

I'm tearing-up over here.

Did you give it the tri-corner fold?
Mine's down now too.

Reminds me of Johnny Cash's song...

Last edited by JACKETfan: 03-24-2008 at 02:20 PM.
JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post

I'm tearing-up over here.

Did you give it the tri-corner fold?
Mine's down now too.

Reminds me of Johnny Cash's song...
I sure did

My wife rolled the eyes and my neighbor (super Buckeye Fan) was laughing too. I grinned to him, and asked how the NIT was going.

Old
03-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito View Post
That post ASG slump really killed us. If we could have even mustered .500 hockey , especially all those home losses, during that stretch the playoff race would have a whole different complexion. Couple that with the games we "should have won" vs. Chicago etc. and we're on the inside right now.

Oh well, no use saying "what if". Like may dad always used to say, "If the little dog didn't stop to take a sh** it would have caught the rabbit." That actually pretty much sums up our season. If the little dog, our beloved CBJ, didn't take a dump right after the ASG it wold have caught the rabbit, our first trip to the playoffs. And boy what a dump it was.

good analogy actually.