HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ticket Thread - 2017/18 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Old
04-23-2017, 10:50 PM
talkinaway

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Curious.

If dumbass intersects with drunk & obnoxious and the person sits in back of you and multiple people multiple times by some report a person why don t they get tossed (I had to take a pass as I sat there with a broken leg and crutches under seat)

This dumb **** (he wasn't mean but he checked off everything else )

Things he did

1. Got mad at a play and went to goal judge while play was going on repeated 'usher' several times and asked if he could bang on the glass - puck was in our zone

The kid was the inspiration for Lloyd Christmas

2. He tossed his drunk friends towel away while friend was getting beer. Friend (obnoxious also but likeable in a weird way) the friend was obsessed with the missing towel and for 10 minutes this went on as if a scene in dumb & dumber, Lloyd (guy in back of me eventually panicked because his bus was wasted and wanted to waive the towel reaches over and grabs the 7 year old girls in her seat she left behind to go to girls room with mother. My daughter ripped it out of his hands and the girls on the other side yelled at him. I had a few in my pocket and gave them to him

3. He ends up pulling the NBC mic by the red light down during the game and yells 'here we go Bruins here we go' he's drooling all over and his friend even calls him out on it to sit down and stop drooling m
Between second and third a NBC tech had to come down and tape so he couldn't pull it down easy

This is just the trailer there is way more

They never kicked this guy out till 10 minutes left or so we thought he came back and sat their quiet but after 5 minutes started yelling 'suck it'

He yelled 'suck it' over 500 times during game

These are Stub Hub tickets why aren't they taken away from them

We've had other D bags behind us but this ass hat was the all time greatest Pos
Wow....nice seats, right by the glass!

Sucks that security didn't boot him. I guess the only thing you could have done, bad leg and all, is whip out your cell phone and call 617-somethingsomething-2FAN, the Garden's fan hotline. I think they have a text number too, but I'm not sure. Even then, it's a tossup on whether they do anything, I s'pose.

It's possible (nay, likely) that the StubHub seats belong to a "high volume" buyer - I've googled the name that appears on a StubHub ticket before, and at least one time the CEO of a "ticketing fulfillment solutions company" (or something similar to that) popped up. Sadly, the Bruins may be more lenient if it's a company that's spending $100,000 a year on glass or near-glass seats...plus, TBH, it's not the seller's fault for selling it to a crap person on StubHub. It's the crap person's fault.

As for the rally towels, karma worked for me. I lost mine literally right at the end of the game (stolen? mebbe), but I found a clean, abandoned one on the second floor. I adopted it, and it has a home.

talkinaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2017, 02:34 PM
Ladyfan
Miss Savvy and Looch

vCash: 140
Quote:
Curious.

If dumbass intersects with drunk & obnoxious and the person sits in back of you and multiple people multiple times by some report a person why don t they get tossed (I had to take a pass as I sat there with a broken leg and crutches under seat)

Things he did

1. Got mad at a play and went to goal judge while play was going on repeated 'usher' several times and asked if he could bang on the glass - puck was in our zone

2. He tossed his drunk friends towel away while friend was getting beer. Friend (obnoxious also but likeable in a weird way) the friend was obsessed with the missing towel and for 10 minutes this went on as if a scene in dumb & dumber, Lloyd (guy in back of me eventually panicked because his bus was wasted and wanted to waive the towel reaches over and grabs the 7 year old girls in her seat she left behind to go to girls room with mother. My daughter ripped it out of his hands and the girls on the other side yelled at him. I had a few in my pocket and gave them to him

3. He ends up pulling the NBC mic by the red light down during the game and yells 'here we go Bruins here we go' he's drooling all over and his friend even calls him out on it to sit down and stop drooling m
Between second and third a NBC tech had to come down and tape so he couldn't pull it down easy

They never kicked this guy out till 10 minutes left or so we thought he came back and sat their quiet but after 5 minutes started yelling 'suck it'

I would have come over and beat him up for you

04-24-2017, 06:32 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
I would have come over and beat him up for you
You did come over

he was an idiot which is why he probably lasted so long

The interrupting the goal judge was pretty funny the way he did it and msde me realize he's just not all there- grabbing the mic was amusing until he started drooling on the guy infront of me

Last edited by Gee Wally: 04-24-2017 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Cmon
DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2017, 08:09 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Curious.

Things he did

This is why I gave up tickets years ago, Its to much stress to sit there and listen to that. I had a situation years ago when I almost ended up in jail when some ******* kept jumping up and spraying one of his 20th beers on us.

I tried to be a nice guy and warn him nicely that he really shouldn't be doing that because it can turn into something that will not end well for him.

So it went from that to him and his buddy thinking it was a good idea to yell out Fbombs and call players out by body parts. This went on for a while but ended abruptly when one of them jump up and spilled half a beer down my wife's back.

Needless to say I was sober and they weren't Not sure why Im telling this story but believe it or not they brought the guys back to the seats because they could not let them on the street because they where to drunk and posted a usher at the isle to watch them.

They must of figured I dolled out enough of a punishment

This was many years ago not sure that would happen again (putting them back in the seats)

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2017, 11:36 AM
RBurgundy

4 to tomorrow's Celtics game. row 15 of 327. Face value is $120 per ticket will sell for $70 with paypal friends and family.

Ps. this 1:00 start time sucks!

RBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2017, 12:33 PM
MrMars

Sold

Last edited by MrMars: 04-29-2017 at 08:32 PM.
MrMars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2017, 08:16 PM
Jason Arroyo

I don't get why Celtics tickets are so cheap. It's not even last minute and tickets have already fallen to $55 on SH.

Jason Arroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2017, 08:31 PM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Arroyo View Post
I don't get why Celtics tickets are so cheap. It's not even last minute and tickets have already fallen to $55 on SH.
It's a really tight window. Didn't even know this game would be Sunday 1 pm til like Friday night midnight. Though I guess game 7 would have been Sunday if bulls won

bruins309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2017, 05:53 AM
Jason Arroyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins309 View Post
It's a really tight window. Didn't even know this game would be Sunday 1 pm til like Friday night midnight. Though I guess game 7 would have been Sunday if bulls won
True... But now it's $38/ticket now. I've seen Sunday games during the season that were more expensive than this.

Jason Arroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Arroyo View Post
True... But now it's $38/ticket now. I've seen Sunday games during the season that were more expensive than this.

Happens all the time when they announce a game 36 hours before is is going to happen. Especially when it's not a very desirable opponent.

05-01-2017, 08:41 AM
tjsilva

providence tickets

Anyone have any idea what the second round tickets will be going for? Looking to take family of five to the game on the 12th and need lower level seats, someone can't take the heights in balcony. Curious what I can expect to pay.

tjsilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2017, 10:42 AM
MrMars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsilva View Post
Anyone have any idea what the second round tickets will be going for? Looking to take family of five to the game on the 12th and need lower level seats, someone can't take the heights in balcony. Curious what I can expect to pay.
Lower level tickets seem to be $24 on Ticketmaster, guessing some fees added to that. There is a $10 off per ticket promotion online.

http://www.providencebruins.com/events

Old
05-01-2017, 03:36 PM
RBurgundy

Have the following available for tomorrow's Celtics game (Game 2)

My seasons 4 together in row 15 of 304 - $55 each ($54 face plus $1 pay as we play)

My additional half strip they let me buy 2 together in row 2 of section 304 - $75 each (face)

Paypal friends and family and then email delivery.

Old
05-01-2017, 06:21 PM
BUTerriersHockey

Got offered season tickets for the second year in a row from the waitlist. Declined last year because of the price. Gonna have to decline this year, because I moved out of state for work. That wait list must not be too long anymore

05-01-2017, 08:05 PM
GarbageGoal
Clint Bobski GOAT

Quote:
Curious.

Things he did
LOL. Great story. It's embarrassing he wasn't kicked out immediately. Let's just say if I were there and still in my 20's there would have been a problem. But I haven't been in a scrap since I got into it with Speed the Worcester Icecat when he decided to try and pull my PBruins jersey off back during the playoffs in 2001 at the DCU.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2017, 08:07 PM
GarbageGoal
Clint Bobski GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMars View Post
Lower level tickets seem to be $24 on Ticketmaster, guessing some fees added to that. There is a $10 off per ticket promotion online.

http://www.providencebruins.com/events
I wouldn't use Ticketmaster unless the map shows seats going fast. You can walkup and get good seats with no fees.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2017, 09:39 PM
MrMars

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
I wouldn't use Ticketmaster unless the map shows seats going fast. You can walkup and get good seats with no fees.
Yes and no, the $10 off is not valid at the box office, so comes down to are the fees per ticket more then $10, if more then the box office better deal, if not then online is the better deal. Honestly don't know the answer to that one but feel it would be under $10 in fees.

I have not gone in years when I use to go they sold them right from the website without Ticketmaster, aka no fees in those days you were getting ripped off going to the Box office as they always had some sort of "deal" online

Old
05-09-2017, 10:37 AM
MrMars

Buy one Get one free PBruins playoff tickets: (Online only)
http://www.providencebruins.com/tick...ayoff-tickets/

Old
05-09-2017, 01:06 PM
nickyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTerriersHockey View Post
Got offered season tickets for the second year in a row from the waitlist. Declined last year because of the price. Gonna have to decline this year, because I moved out of state for work. That wait list must not be too long anymore
I wonder if any others are in similar situations with being offered seats??? The waitlist must indeed be dwindling!

nickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2017, 12:30 PM
Dtb1381

Hey guys,

I got an email from Bruins/ticketmaster today offering a game plan for next season. How many games typically come in one of these packages? TIA

Dtb1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2017, 02:40 PM
talkinaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtb1381 View Post
Hey guys,

I got an email from Bruins/ticketmaster today offering a game plan for next season. How many games typically come in one of these packages? TIA
The usual sizes (at least for the past 3-4 years, at a bare minimum) are half-season 22 games, 11 games (sometimes 10), and 5/6 games.

Typically, there are two 22-game plans that cover all 44 (41 regular season plus 3 preseason) games. The four 11-game and eight 5/6 game plans work the same way, and usually each 11-game plan is subdivided into a 5-game and a 6-game plan. (The 22 game plans generally don't split into two 11-game plans.) There's usually very little inventory for the 22-game plans.

I can tell you this: For the cheapest seat in the 11-game plan, the price was $75 per ticket per game for 2016-7. (Probably plus a $20 fee for shipping/handling - not sure if it's per ticket or per order, and you may get that waived if you do mobile-only. In fact, 5/6 game plans were mobile only last year, IIRC.) Despite the fact that they said they weren't raising prices for non-reselling STHs, they DID raise the price on those particular tickets, from $72 per ticket per game for 2015-6.

Of note, they usually offer an 11-game "Weekend/Holiday Only" package. It usually has 7-8 Saturday/Sunday games, the Black Friday game, a Monday holiday (Columbus day, MLK day - sometimes those are matinees), and 2 non-weekend preseason games. Despite the preseasons games, during 2014-5 and 2015-6, IMO it was the best value if you compared it with buying individual games via TicketsNow/TM+, StubHub, or Ace. But for 2016-7, they evened out all the 11-game plans - no Black Friday game in the weekend plan, and a MLK matinee. The weekend plan was still probably the best value, but it used to be a slam dunk. And the value was bad enough that I dropped my game plan for 2016-7.

The schedule is generally announced in late June (6/21 last year), and they take about 2-3 weeks to carve up the plans. They were announced 7/11 last year, with the first sale dates being the week 7/18.

Sometimes in late October they'll advertise that "game plans are still available" - they prorate each plan, cutting 11-game plans to 10 or 9 game plans. But usually they don't do that until a good game in each plan has been played. They'll often have mix-and-match gimmicks and 3-game plans later in the year that are, frankly, not as good of a value.

In the past, if you didn't use your $100 per seat game plan deposit, you could:
A) Talk to your rep and apply it to a single game ticket at a "discounted" group rate. It's modestly discounted - like $10 from the FULL price for balcony.
B) Roll it forward to deposit on a game plan for the next year.
C) If you also have a $100 deposit for STHs, you can apply it to that - not as an extra seat, but as an extra $100 that you won't have to pay once you get your seat. So if I deposited $200 for a pair of game plan tickets for 2016-7 and didn't use it, and I also had a $200 STH deposit on board, and I wound up buying two tickets for $4000 for the 2017-8 season, I would only have to pay a net of $3600 more, instead of the normal $3800.

Note that I don't know their current policy off the top of my head. They probably haven't come up with the details yet.

With most plans, you do get some of the STH "perks" - usually there are two events. One is the State of the Bruins (coach, GM, owners, 2-3 marquee Bruins answer questions from STHs), and one changes from year to year. The last three years have been a Bruins-themed game show, the Winter Classic jersey reveal, and the B-thankful Thanksgiving party. The last two years, you could get photos with (but no autographs from) players.

If the Bruins get a big event, probably Game Planners get a crack at it. I got a crack at Winter Classic tickets for 2015-6, and it was a GREAT value. They'd probably include the ability to buy tickets to the NHL Draft or the ASG if we got one of those....but who knows.

Most other perks aren't as big, IMO. In the game plan, you get first crack at individual playoff tickets, but only for round 1...and the prices are ridiculous, especially compared to the tickets available for resale on their own site (and really nuts compared to the lower prices that STHs pay!)

talkinaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 07:55 PM
RBurgundy

This thread hasn't been active in a while! I have a pair of Sox tickets available for this coming Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. These are in row 3 of RF Grandstand 8. $32 each with paypal friends and family which is face value.

Old
06-20-2017, 07:37 AM
ODAAT

I`ll be lurking here prior to the B`s season as life got busy and I/We weren`t able to get down to Boston as hoped for the last few years. Keep in mind, I`m a wheeler dealer, I would easily be a top consideration for Pawn Stars so if you have tickets and want face value for them, don`t PM me

The above is sarcasm, looking forward to finally getting back to Boston for a game during the season, this is the longest I`ve gone without making the roadie to my fav city in the States to watch the boys play

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2017, 02:31 PM
Highatop325
Only took 4 months!

The schedule is being released Thursday afternoon

Highatop325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2017, 05:53 PM
Ladyfan
Miss Savvy and Looch