HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WIN!! - WCF - Game 3 - 5/16 @ 7:00 - NSH Leads 2-1

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2017, 11:27 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAngle View Post
I used to love Deadspin. Such a fun site for years. But they turned hard left and got to be so hateful. They were always left leaning, but the last year or so they went off the rails.
Yeah I don't want to get political but I was always able to ignore it until recently. I found it humorous and I was even a featured commenter on there (not exactly a badge of honor) but then one day I made a comment that was I guess perceived to be sort of kind of insensitive and basically got banned. Went ahead and said okay they've lost it I'm done here. It's their connection to recently-destroyed Gawker and the Election campaign/result made them completely lose their collective minds. Maybe they've calmed down (Deadspin) after all that has sorta gone away I don't know. I don't read it anymore.

With that said, props to them for acknowledging us I suppose.

Old
05-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 500
I'm still a Deadspin fan and enjoy some of the sister sites like Foxtrot Alpha, i09, and Gizmodo (bit of a closet nerd), but agree with the liberalization commentary. I just skip the ideological rambling posts and focus on those directed at good dogs, crazy sports highlights, hot takes, the Funbag, etc. Barry does ok with hockey as well; generally no issue with his articles. I already get enough political crap from both sides living in downtown DC.

Old
05-17-2017, 12:34 PM
belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
What a game. Forsberg was a man on a mission in the third period. May be the best I have ever seen him play over 20 minutes. He was dangerous every time he hit the ice. We need more of that going forward. 6 more wins!
It FELT like he was on the ice every other shift.

Old
05-17-2017, 03:12 PM
year1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
He was already in the blue paint before any push occurred. Unfortunately, correct call.
Nope, disagree. One skate barely in happens maybe 10-20 times a game. Without the obvious push there would have been no contact. Still a bad call. Dmen have gotten to the point where they deliberately push players into their own goalies.

Old
05-17-2017, 03:14 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by year1fan View Post
Nope, disagree. One skate barely in happens maybe 10-20 times a game. Without the obvious push there would have been no contact. Still a bad call. Dmen have gotten to the point where they deliberately push players into their own goalies.
a skate in the crease without contact has been the trigger for some coaches challenges in the past and been enough to overturn a goal.

Old
05-17-2017, 03:15 PM
year1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
What a game. Forsberg was a man on a mission in the third period. May be the best I have ever seen him play over 20 minutes. He was dangerous every time he hit the ice. We need more of that going forward. 6 more wins!
When Forsberg is Forsberg Preds are much, much tougher. He's the key.

Old
05-17-2017, 03:18 PM
year1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
a skate in the crease without contact has been the trigger for some coaches challenges in the past and been enough to overturn a goal.
I didn't say the refs weren't frequently wrong and Toronto reviews are political, don't you think? Anyway, Preds win despite our differing views.

Old
05-17-2017, 03:49 PM
Armourboy

I'll be honest, the skate in the blue paint shouldn't mean a damn thing unless it's that player and the goalie making contact. As long as the player doesn't touch the goalie it shouldn't matter where he is. The minute a push into the goalie happens, position and such should go right out the door. The push, not the players skate location caused the contact.

Old
05-17-2017, 03:56 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344

Old
05-17-2017, 04:22 PM
JamestheSame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
I'll be honest, the skate in the blue paint shouldn't mean a damn thing unless it's that player and the goalie making contact. As long as the player doesn't touch the goalie it shouldn't matter where he is. The minute a push into the goalie happens, position and such should go right out the door. The push, not the players skate location caused the contact.
The NHL needs to figure this GI out. Honestly, I don't know if the refs know what GI is.

There are rules for it, but it's left up to the discretion of the refs. This leads to us playing Anaheim instead of Edmonton. Lol

Old
05-17-2017, 05:13 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I'm not one generally to want to say the Refs kind of tried to help a team out, but stuff like that makes you scratch your head and wonder a bit at times.

Old
05-17-2017, 08:14 PM
Jonesey
Dept. of Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
I'm not one generally to want to say the Refs kind of tried to help a team out, but stuff like that makes you scratch your head and wonder a bit at times.
It was the right call. McLeod skated right up to boll and dropped his gloves directly after boll delivered a clean hit. That's textbook instigating and I called it as soon as the fight started.

Old
05-17-2017, 08:40 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
It was the right call. McLeod skated right up to boll and dropped his gloves directly after boll delivered a clean hit. That's textbook instigating and I called it as soon as the fight started.
Yeah but apparently the Refs never do.

Old
05-17-2017, 10:30 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
If they had intent to call instigator then they should have stopped the fight right away. Instead they let it go on much longer than it should have.

Closed Thread