HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Habs fans checking in

Old
05-03-2017, 11:04 AM
Hockey POTUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cole View Post
Glad he's on a team where he is appreciated...couldn't be happier for PK. He was treated like ******* by the coach and GM here for some weird reason.
This. Couldn't be happier if Subban and this Preds team wins the Cup. The team has the support of all of Nashville and most of Montreal.

Also, this is post #76 in this thread.

Last edited by Hockey POTUS: 05-03-2017 at 12:51 PM.
Hockey POTUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2017, 05:48 PM
De Montreal
help

Good job PK, good job Nashville

That was a sub-par game by Subban but I expect him to come up big against McDavid

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2017, 09:04 PM
Viggo Mortensen
Gandalf the Grey

Had the chance to attend the game live this afternoon thanks to a HFNashville poster who had 2 extra tickets for the game.

Having attended many Habs game including playoffs games, gotta say this was the best experience I had.

Only good things to say about the city so far and the fans. I wore my Habs PK Jersey in the arena and everybody was so nice, stopped me to chat about the city, PK, Montreal etc. People paid me drinks. Wonderful time.

GO SMASHVILLE!

Viggo Mortensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2017, 09:11 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggo Mortensen View Post
Had the chance to attend the game live this afternoon thanks to a HFNashville poster who had 2 extra tickets for the game.

Having attended many Habs game including playoffs games, gotta say this was the best experience I had.

Only good things to say about the city so far and the fans. I wore my Habs PK Jersey in the arena and everybody was so nice, stopped me to chat about the city, PK, Montreal etc. People paid me drinks. Wonderful time.

GO SMASHVILLE!
Good to hear. Thought I saw a couple of Habs fans during warm-ups sitting in the lower bowl end zone.

There were four Isles fans sitting in the lower bowl who appeared to be having a good time as well.

Marty Party is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2017, 09:30 PM
Viggo Mortensen
Gandalf the Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Party View Post
Good to hear. Thought I saw a couple of Habs fans during warm-ups sitting in the lower bowl end zone.

There were four Isles fans sitting in the lower bowl who appeared to be having a good time as well.
Yep, probably us. We were in the lower bowl for the warmups

Old
05-07-2017, 10:29 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

If it was 120 I saw you down there.

Thanks for coming!

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2017, 10:42 PM
Viggo Mortensen
Gandalf the Grey

Yes, we were in the 120 for the warmups and 302 for the game.

HF Poster HoptownPred was nice enough to show us around and brought us to the lower bowl for the warmup.

Old
05-07-2017, 10:59 PM
Gnashville
Gold on the Ceiling

Quote:

HF Poster HoptownPred was nice enough to show us around and brought us to the lower bowl for the warmup.
Glad you had a good time are you vacationing or working in our fair city?

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2017, 11:10 PM
Viggo Mortensen
Gandalf the Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Glad you had a good time are you vacationing or working in our fair city?
In town for a convention at the Opryland Resort that starts tomorrow. My boss let me come in 2 days early to visit and catch the game, all paid for so can't complain!

Old
05-08-2017, 06:58 AM
BLONG7

Congrats to the Preds, and their fans!!

Good luck in the Conf Final!! PK will make a difference in this series!!

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 08:56 AM
Pred303

Quote:

GO SMASHVILLE!
that's great to hear viggo, be sure and go to your board and tell MTL fans this.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 09:09 AM
SilasAdams

Quote:

GO SMASHVILLE!
Awesome stuff

SilasAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 09:42 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:

GO SMASHVILLE!
It's very possible that me and a friend saw you and yelled PK!!!!!!! and briefly talked about him.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 09:46 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:

You were standing about 4 seats from PredsFan98. I'd been looking for her from my seats above and saw you. Pointed you two out to Mr. Adz and said I bet they're here to cheer PK on.

Right again.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Tempfan99

When the trade happened people said subban was gonna be forgotten falling out of the spotlight because nashville isnt a hockey market.

What actually happened is that lot of habs fans are still following subban and now discovering a great organisation, great team, great fans

Looking back now i pray preds win the cup and make the trade a very good thing for subban and his fans because i dont see montreal getting the team to win a cup for the next 10 years for obvious reasons like: price and and pacio will take a big jump on cap space....defence squad not comparable to one like nashville...fowards either...and in the net price is good in the regular season but never steps his game up in the playoffs. And what are our top prospects??

Last edited by Tempfan99: 05-08-2017 at 01:00 PM.
Tempfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 03:30 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
These guys suck

Congrats on the conf. Finals Nashville, hoping the preds and P.K can close it out. I can only assume most habs fans (the smart ones anyway) are cheering with you.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 04:55 PM
badi

True Habs fans will always love PK
The Guy has it all ,,,,
Except the Cup
Go get it PK !!!!!

badi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 05:26 PM
HoptownPred

Quote:

Great day in every way! Family members who I had gone the extra mile for to get tickets bailed on me late Saturday night. Saw Viggo's post wanting tickets and we made it work. I warned him and Sue about possible glitches at the gate, and sure enough, our first card swiper denied my card. Swiper #2 printed the tickets on first try and we were in business! An usher gave our guest a great overview of what Sunday was all about & what to expect(He was marvelous!).
Viggo & friend were extremely friendly, kind & fun. They fell right into the atmosphere in the rink and were making new friends left & right. Fun to watch.
The takeaway? Whether you're a redneck fan from West Kentucky, or born & raised in Montreal, true hockey fans have a common thread that is special and it can't be denied.

HoptownPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2017, 06:07 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoptownPred View Post
Great day in every way! Family members who I had gone the extra mile for to get tickets bailed on me late Saturday night. Saw Viggo's post wanting tickets and we made it work. I warned him and Sue about possible glitches at the gate, and sure enough, our first card swiper denied my card. Swiper #2 printed the tickets on first try and we were in business! An usher gave our guest a great overview of what Sunday was all about & what to expect(He was marvelous!).
Viggo & friend were extremely friendly, kind & fun. They fell right into the atmosphere in the rink and were making new friends left & right. Fun to watch.
The takeaway? Whether you're a redneck fan from West Kentucky, or born & raised in Montreal, true hockey fans have a common thread that is special and it can't be denied.
Well said

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2017, 05:38 AM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoptownPred View Post
Amen to that.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2017, 07:52 AM
Beltv

Alright, Detroit fan 100% on your bandwagon now. Hope it's not too late xD

Beltv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2017, 08:02 AM
Tempfan99

Quote:

GO SMASHVILLE!
Thats actually pretty normal cause ur there to show love and support. If one day i have the chance to go see a preds game id be wearing subbans habs jersey too... letting people know i came all the way from mtl lol

Tempfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2017, 09:03 AM
WhatThePuck
"We Got Some Looks"

Ranger fan here and I hope you guys go all the way. I'm impressed with the team and their fans plus I hate the Pens, Sens and Ducks.

GO PREDS !!!!

WhatThePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2017, 10:52 AM
Aurinko

With guys like Arvidsson in your team you can beat any team... if Rinne keeps playing like that you really can't lose either.

I don't care if Preds win cup, but sure as hell would like to see them in the finals since their play has been amazing for a few months now, right when it matters the most.

Aurinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2017, 01:19 PM
Kingnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePuck View Post
Ranger fan here and I hope you guys go all the way. I'm impressed with the team and their fans plus I hate the Pens, Sens and Ducks.

GO PREDS !!!!
Been fun watching the preds, reminds me of the 2012 kings

Kingnut is offline   Reply With Quote