HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If I stop changing this, will anyone even notice?

Old
05-18-2017, 06:40 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Not only that, Cornell was Andrew Wood's roommate in Seattle when it looked like Mother Love Bone was going to hit it big, only to see him OD like 2 days before their major label release. Dunno if he ever got over it, even after the Temple Of The Dog tribute with the remnants of that band, which would then add Eddie Vedder in Wood's stead and become Pearl Jam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabremike View Post
As if the story couldn't get worse it is being reported he took his own life via hanging. Just awful, was really into Soundgarden in high school. This whole day can just **** right off.
Superunknown is an awesome workout album. I'll always remember sweating to tracks like My Wave and Limo Wreck and Mailman.

Last edited by Ralonzo: 05-18-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Ralonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 01:27 PM
TehDoak
Welcome to Buffalo

vCash: 903
How did people deal with car sales people before the internet?

Can't imagine dealing with all this BS in person.

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 10:42 PM
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future

Send a message via AIM to Burgmania Send a message via MSN to Burgmania
I have a feeling that I'll be down to one living grandparent within the next couple of weeks. My grandfather on my dad's side is not doing well. He's had heart/circulation problems (that previously led to part of his leg being amputated), and he's now broken his hip. I heard from my dad that he's in a lot of pain, and they can't do much about it because the painkillers lower his blood pressure.

It's a sad time for us, for sure . . . but I can only imagine how my dad feels, as he's about to lose his only remaining parent. I can't fathom what that would feel like.

Burgmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 10:49 PM
Chainshot
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgmania View Post
I have a feeling that I'll be down to one living grandparent within the next couple of weeks. My grandfather on my dad's side is not doing well. He's had heart/circulation problems (that previously led to part of his leg being amputated), and he's now broken his hip. I heard from my dad that he's in a lot of pain, and they can't do much about it because the painkillers lower his blood pressure.

It's a sad time for us, for sure . . . but I can only imagine how my dad feels, as he's about to lose his only remaining parent. I can't fathom what that would feel like.
Sorry to hear about that Burgie. Best wishes to you and yours. That's not an easy thing to deal with.

05-20-2017, 10:59 PM
yahhockey

vCash: 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabremike View Post
This whole day can just **** right off.
I awoke that morning after another restless night of sleep with my brother's interment hours away (cancer is the worst) only to read that Cornell had died. I wanted to roll over and sleep until Friday. Most of the memorable evenings over the past six years have been at Soungarden shows. My heart goes out to his family and especially his children. Life has been a drag lately, I need to find something exciting to enjoy this summer.

yahhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2017, 08:40 PM
BackGroundMusic
hoc quoque finiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStorm View Post
I love lets plays as long as the person playing isn't obnoxious aka Pewdiepie isn't an option
I watched a very long [136 episodes, I think] Let's Play of Fallout 3, because I loved the style of the guy doing it. He did commentary as the character and stuck himself very firmly in the role play. It's also much easier for me to watch things in 15 minute chunks on my break at work, for example, than to sit and play a game for 100 hours.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2017, 09:06 PM
TheStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackGroundMusic View Post
I watched a very long [136 episodes, I think] Let's Play of Fallout 3, because I loved the style of the guy doing it. He did commentary as the character and stuck himself very firmly in the role play. It's also much easier for me to watch things in 15 minute chunks on my break at work, for example, than to sit and play a game for 100 hours.
there's been a lot of good games that have come out recently so I've been watching Let's Plays to catch up on them cuz I can't afford most of them. that and like you said you need to think a lot of time into a game.

TheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2017, 10:06 PM
Chainshot
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
So will this thread last until puckdrop for next season?

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2017, 10:07 PM
Chainshot
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackGroundMusic View Post
What channel?

Old
05-24-2017, 10:49 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

vCash: 200
Communication is so important

So we're getting a new register system at work. Installation was supposed to be tonight at 10pm which meant I had to be at my store overnight, tonight.
Got there and the installers weren't there.
Come to find out that the installers pushed the install until Thursday night and my franchise office never informed me.
So now I have to go and work overnight tomorrow (which I don't mind), but I really would have liked to know so I wouldn't have wasted time tonight.

Ugh.

Mike McDermott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 01:51 AM
Push Dr Tracksuit
Gerstmann 3:16

Readings are out for the summer. Almost 200 pages a night for the next 9 weeks. Guess I'm not gonna have time for let's play videos either.

Push Dr Tracksuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 08:56 AM
Chainshot
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
I had this silly idea I would do some reading for fun once classes ended. Instead I wound up proofing more audio for my wife's business and dealing with travel and moving arrangements.

Old
05-25-2017, 10:27 AM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I had this silly idea I would do some reading for fun once classes ended. Instead I wound up proofing more audio for my wife's business and dealing with travel and moving arrangements.
Where to next? Is the casa nuevo de Costa Rica finished?

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 07:21 PM
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future

Send a message via AIM to Burgmania Send a message via MSN to Burgmania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Sorry to hear about that Burgie. Best wishes to you and yours. That's not an easy thing to deal with.
It Class-A sucks. I went to see Grandpa in Rochester the other night . . . he was floating in & out with the pain & the medications, but I'm thankful that he knew I was there for him. I told him that I loved him-that was really important to me.

In talking to my dad today, he said that today was a better day-they might have his pain medication dialed in. I also found out today that Dad's siblings that don't live in WNY (one in Texas, one in South Dakota) - will be here by 11:30 tonight. That doesn't sound good.

Burgmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 07:38 PM
Chainshot
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
Where to next? Is the casa nuevo de Costa Rica finished?
UF SFRC for 2 years, Natural Resource Conservation degree. The internship in the Bahamas next summer might be fun. CR is still in the works, we own land but haven't started construction. It's probably going to be a small container home (two units, stacked) and our own pool. The wife negotiated land management rights so that's why I'm getting the degree. May as well have credentials if I'm going to be in on that.

Old
05-25-2017, 07:39 PM
Chainshot
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
It Class-A sucks. I went to see Grandpa in Rochester the other night . . . he was floating in & out with the pain & the medications, but I'm thankful that he knew I was there for him. I told him that I loved him-that was really important to me.

In talking to my dad today, he said that today was a better day-they might have his pain medication dialed in. I also found out today that Dad's siblings that don't live in WNY (one in Texas, one in South Dakota) - will be here by 11:30 tonight. That doesn't sound good.
Best of luck Burg. There isn't a day I can remember where I haven't missed all of my grandparents.

Old
05-25-2017, 08:55 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

vCash: 200
Quote:

That's tough Burg. Especially when, day to day, you just don't know what is going to happen.

Mike McDermott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:08 PM
Myllz
#justbogothings

Officially looking for a new bank since BoA sucks. Any recommendations?

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 11:19 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Officially looking for a new bank since BoA sucks. Any recommendations?
Find a local Credit Union. Since credit unions are not-for-profit your money goes back into loans/financial services for the members rather than padding corporate profits.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote