HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

All my goals from my beer league season in 3 minutes

Old
05-19-2017, 09:36 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Wasted opportunities

vCash: 500
fun video....however you appear to be the ringer on the team that should be playing up a level or two. Making a living off of your backhand that's for sure. nicely done.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2017, 09:40 AM
RyderBrosz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
fun video....however you appear to be the ringer on the team that should be playing up a level or two. Making a living off of your backhand that's for sure. nicely done.
Thanks man! Yeah it's a draft league so there are people of different skill levels in this league, Matt also plays in the A division of another league in our area. Never realized how often Matt used his backhand until I put this together.

RyderBrosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 06:36 PM
ChuckLefley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyderBrosz View Post
Had 21 assists good for 7th overall in the league
This response tells me two things:

1) You should have had more assists but just refuse to see the obvious.

2) This thread is all about you wanting people to tell you how great you are.

I feel bad for you,

ChuckLefley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2017, 10:01 PM
RyderBrosz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckLefley View Post

I feel bad for you,

Have you ever heard the saying "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"? Why you got to be a dark cloud raining on everyone's parade. Matt did not even post this I did(his brother).

Old
05-22-2017, 10:10 PM
ChuckLefley

Quote:
Have you ever heard the saying "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"? Why you got to be a dark cloud raining on everyone's parade. Matt did not even post this I did(his brother).
I love posts like this, essentially saying, "I am going to post something in a public forum and then get mad ant anyone who doesn't tell me how awesome I am!"

Old
05-23-2017, 07:26 AM
RyderBrosz

Quote:
I love posts like this, essentially saying, "I am going to post something in a public forum and then get mad ant anyone who doesn't tell me how awesome I am!"
You'd don't have to tell me he's awesome, but I play on his line, He does pass the puck and was 7th in the league in assists this season. I'd actually him rather not pass me the puck and him take the shot lol.

Old
05-23-2017, 11:45 AM
STC

Quote:

I feel bad for you,

I would bet a mortgage payment that you're a terrible hockey player.

STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2017, 10:08 PM
ChuckLefley

Quote:
You'd don't have to tell me he's awesome, but I play on his line, He does pass the puck and was 7th in the league in assists this season. I'd actually him rather not pass me the puck and him take the shot lol.
I think it's funny that you're pretending to be two different people, just another way to defend yourself when you aren't getting the responses you hoped for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post
I would bet a mortgage payment that you're a terrible hockey player.
Go for it.

Old
05-24-2017, 01:46 PM
connor35

Dude, so you wear a go pro for all your games, then make a video of all your goals that starts off showing you led the league in goals.

You're a talented player, so congrats. But I'm guessing a lot of people think you're a jerk.

connor35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2017, 05:22 PM
Goonzilla
Welcome to my house!

I don't think there's anything to get worked up about. I for the life of me can't figure out why in a recreational hockey league someone would hook themselves up with a GoPro to record themselves for possibly reliving the moment/s, again and again and again, but there's certainly no harm in it.

But you're not just gonna get bouquets. There's some nice goals and plays, but also some very average opponents. I'm no sniper, but collect my share and enjoy scoring, though I know I never get a kick scoring against weak players or goalies. In any sport I always felt/feel a little embarassed owning anyone that shouldn't have been playing against me or us, playing or coaching, but yeah get a good match up or contest and do battle.

Goonzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2017, 08:30 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonzilla View Post
I don't think there's anything to get worked up about. I for the life of me can't figure out why in a recreational hockey league someone would hook themselves up with a GoPro to record themselves for possibly reliving the moment/s, again and again and again, but there's certainly no harm in it.

But you're not just gonna get bouquets. There's some nice goals and plays, but also some very average opponents. I'm no sniper, but collect my share and enjoy scoring, though I know I never get a kick scoring against weak players or goalies. In any sport I always felt/feel a little embarassed owning anyone that shouldn't have been playing against me or us, playing or coaching, but yeah get a good match up or contest and do battle.
this is exactly how I feel from a goaltending perspective. I don't get any enjoyment getting a shutout or only giving up one goal in a beer league game playing against weak competition. I don't see the point in spending 3+ hours of my time playing in a game where I don't even work up a sweat. I left a league where after I joined, the team won 2 straight titles because I was by far the best goalie in the league. The team we played in the finals, I shut out 5x in a row before they finally scored a goal against me. It got to a point where it wasn't fun. So I left

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 06:23 PM
Fanned On It

Quote:

You can't see any other reason why someone would wear a gopro while playing hockey? Why do go pros exist in the first place?

I'm certainly not someone who is good enough to brag and show off his play but I'm interested in wearing a go pro to one of my pick up games to see how I play and what decisions I make from a different point of view.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 06:50 PM
RyderBrosz

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor35 View Post
Dude, so you wear a go pro for all your games, then make a video of all your goals that starts off showing you led the league in goals.

You're a talented player, so congrats. But I'm guessing a lot of people think you're a jerk.
We have about 25 other videos from the league that i put up for fun, its not just us scoring I also have the loses in there such as the 11-2 loss we took in the playoffs lol. I just thought it would be cool to take all 25 goals matt scored and put it into one video. I do this as a hobby that I enjoy. I enjoy editing the videos and watching them back. People enjoy the video's and usually ask me to come out and film them. (i filmed some video of the finals and put a gopro on one of the guys as we didnt make it to the finals).

Old
05-25-2017, 07:31 PM
Goonzilla
Welcome to my house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanned On It View Post
You can't see any other reason why someone would wear a gopro while playing hockey? Why do go pros exist in the first place?

I'm certainly not someone who is good enough to brag and show off his play but I'm interested in wearing a go pro to one of my pick up games to see how I play and what decisions I make from a different point of view.
If there's any coaching or self-improvement merit to be had from some video study or analysis, which there certainly could be, you're not gonna get it from a GoPro/first person view.

Goonzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 07:37 AM
leftwinger37

I understand that hockey culture dictates that we put team play in front of the play of the individual and all that, but I really don't see the harm in the original post. I fully admit, I am one of the first in line to knock the "hey, look at me!" guy down a few pegs, but I really don't feel the video was presented in that manner.

The other side of the coin is that if you float something out there like this on the interwebs in 2017, you can probably expect some amount of criticism, but I think we've piled on the OP enough. Let him have his fun. Don't forget this is a game; it's supposed to be fun.

leftwinger37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 03:19 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
If there's any coaching or self-improvement merit to be had from some video study or analysis, which there certainly could be, you're not gonna get it from a GoPro/first person view.
I disagree. I have used go-pro video to reflect on my surroundings and acknowledge when I miss a guy who could have been open or get myself out of position. Even if it is janky and not entirely accurate to what my eyes were seeing.

It also teaches me to keep my head up with the puck more often.

I would never wear it for a rec or beer league game. I only wear it for skates with a group of regulars where its a game setting but no ref or league to worry about. Low-key and nobody has an issue with it.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2017, 01:03 AM
Toronto Blue Jays
Eichel's Wheelhouse

Quote:

I feel bad for you,
Don't reign on this guys parade.

Old
06-07-2017, 11:55 PM
icon6668

I'm a beginner goalie (4 games in net but played Defence for 10 years).
the past 2 games i've started putting my GoPro on a clamp mount behind the net on top of the glass. I check it out after the game and see where I get beat and what I need to work on, I think it will be a great tool to get me past that beginner stage/ the .700 save % stage.

icon6668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 10:10 AM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon6668 View Post
I'm a beginner goalie (4 games in net but played Defence for 10 years).
the past 2 games i've started putting my GoPro on a clamp mount behind the net on top of the glass. I check it out after the game and see where I get beat and what I need to work on, I think it will be a great tool to get me past that beginner stage/ the .700 save % stage.
the behind the net cam will help, but you are honestly better off with a side view that shows the view of the shooter. Obviously a cam at center ice would be your best option, but that isn't doable.

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Dreakon13

Fun video. As someone who never played hockey competitively... it's always very interesting to see what it looks like when normal people play. I get spoiled by watching nothing but the NHL. Takes some real talent to do that kinda stuff at any level.

Considering this subforum is specifically for posting about local leagues and your experiences... I don't understand why people are upset with you posting a goal compilation video. All of you should, there should be a sticky for this sort of thing.

It's fun to watch.

Dreakon13 is offline   Reply With Quote