HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Stanley Cup Playoffs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion, predictions, and analysis of all playoff games and series. Polls may only be started by sponsors and staff.

ECF | (2) Ottawa Senators vs. (2) Pittsburgh Penguins | Pens lead series 3-2

View Poll Results: Who wins game 4?
Penguins 50 33.56%
Senators 99 66.44%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2017, 11:47 AM
2Cowen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfstheman View Post
Penguins don't fly.

More like slide on their belly back to Pittsburgh
Hence why the word 'flying' was in italics. Should've surrounded it with quotes. If only HF had air quotes emoticons.

Old
BrawlFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Horny, Rust and Schultz out again.

Ottawa should win
It's a family site Shrimper

Old
stratosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
I'm not going to read it because it's garbage.

Before the series, 90%+ of Pens fans felt confident in their chances. They knew Letang was hurt then so his name should not even be mentioned.

The Penguins are out Hornqvist (played in Game 1 loss), Schultz, Rust; and got an unexpectedly early return in Daley to help offset those injuries.

It is 100% whining, complaining, and excuses that we are hearing from Penguins fans right now. Full stop.

The only ones exempt from this generalization are Pens fans who thought Ottawa was going to be an extremely tough competitor and who acknowledged that the series was basically a coin flip.

Stop with the whining.
[mod] As I've said, the Sens are playing a perfect series. How else could you play the Pens? Boucher is winning the coaching battle. If Sullivan adjusts--not so much his players (because he's running out of them) but his approach, strategy, system, etc., the Pens could knot things up. The fact is though, trapping Crosby and Malkin has held a team like Pittsburgh to a few goals, one of which was lipstick on a pig. Ask a Pens fan what the problem is and they will automatically tell you "injuries" and "our old, tired, beaten up forwards are screwing up our superstars". Those kinds of responses are typical of people that have either never played or don't understand that playoff hockey is about heart and execution. I don't want the Sens to win, but they have impressed me as a team that executes and has confidence in the face of arguably the most talented roster in the league. When the Penguins play that way, they are unbeatable. Haven't seen that since Game 7 against Washington though.

Last edited by gphr513: 05-19-2017 at 01:10 PM. Reason: leave the fanbase stuff out of it
Old
PatrickEaves
All posts unedited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abattoir View Post
I get your point, but if the Pens win tonight and Murray is a big part of that, it will be huge. It's a good move when you have pretty much 2 number 1s.
As much meme'ing about 3-1 there has been this calendar year, I think the Pens have to go with who they think gives them the best chance to win this game. If that's Murray, then you go with him. You don't hold him back just in case of what happens if you lose Game 4.

It's extraordinary hard to come back with a 3-1 hole in a Bo7 series, no matter what sport you're playing.

05-19-2017, 11:49 AM
alfstheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Or a very strong wind as they side-step his bullish charge forward and exploit the poor forward left to cover for him.
Haha true. Classen has been amazing I wouldn't take him out. Wideman has been solid as well. I love Boro even with his mishaps but I would keep him in reserve till needed. Depth is never a bad thing

Old
05-19-2017, 11:50 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Tough break.

I do feel for you guys because I know what it's like to imagine what your team might be capable of if things were different.

In your case, you've seen it first hand last season.
I just don't see how we can win with all these injuries

Old
05-19-2017, 11:51 AM
GeneralBraddock
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalchin View Post
letang = karlsson?

lol
Pretty close and I don't even like Letang. Karlsson is way better defensively imo. Offensively and puck moving ability about the same or slight edge to Letang.

Ottawa fans have already admitted they don't get out the 1st round with no Karlsson. So what the Pens have done without Letang and all the other injuries is very impressive.

Old
05-19-2017, 11:52 AM
TNT87
Defending Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex1234 View Post
Whiners are gonna whine

Injuries
Luck
Refs
And on and on and on
Because the Sens fans didn't whine about the refs in Game 1 right? Or hell even when they are up four goals they *****ed about the refs in Game 3?

*****ing is coming from both sides but lets not pretend it doesn't. It happens in every series with all fans.

Old
05-19-2017, 11:52 AM
Abattoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickEaves View Post
As much meme'ing about 3-1 there has been this calendar year, I think the Pens have to go with who they think gives them the best chance to win this game. If that's Murray, then you go with him. You don't hold him back just in case of what happens if you lose Game 4.

It's extraordinary hard to come back with a 3-1 hole in a Bo7 series, no matter what sport you're playing.
Probably not....

Old
05-19-2017, 11:53 AM
2Cowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralBraddock View Post
Pretty close and I don't even like Letang. Karlsson is way better defensively imo. Offensively and puck moving ability about the same or slight edge to Letang.

Ottawa fans have already admitted they don't get out the 1st round with no Karlsson. So what the Pens have done without Letang and all the other injuries is very impressive.
I don't think its very close at all. I doubt many will agree with you

Old
05-19-2017, 11:55 AM
NyQuil
Neon NyQuil

Quote:

We might have gotten out of the 1st round with no Karlsson but with Crosby, Malkin and Kessel instead of Turris, Brassard and Hoffman.

Old
05-19-2017, 11:57 AM
TNT87
Defending Champs

Quote:
I just don't see how we can win with all these injuries
Great opportunity for the Sens to take advantage of it like they did last game. They came out strong and never looked back.

Injuries suck but good teams take advantage of teams shorthanded and that's what the Sens are doing. The Sens don't care who is out there. They are playing their game and doing it well in this series.

Old
05-19-2017, 11:57 AM
BuckyDornster
Speed kills, Del.

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abattoir View Post
Probably not....
26 teams have done it since 87 and Karlsson > Alfie, so yeah, I'm confident Sens can lock this down at the moment. Finally, finally, I might see a big league championship won in Ottawa. I'm giddy with anticipation. Took the franchise 25 years to figure things out!

Old
05-19-2017, 11:58 AM
armani
Guy Likes

Quote:
Lets see.. No Letang, Rust, Hornqvist, Kuhn, Schultz, Daley(for some games) Murray(for most the playoffs)

That's pretty much a full forward line, d-pair, and goalie. How anybody especially Sens fans can downplay that and act like it's normal or no big deal is absurd.

Old
05-19-2017, 12:01 PM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#RIPClendening

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalchin View Post
letang = karlsson?

lol
No one is Karlsson but Kris Letang is still one of the best defensemen in the world and probably the most important player on the Penguins.

Old
05-19-2017, 12:03 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT87 View Post
Great opportunity for the Sens to take advantage of it like they did last game. They came out strong and never looked back.

Injuries suck but good teams take advantage of teams shorthanded and that's what the Sens are doing. The Sens don't care who is out there. They are playing their game and doing it well in this series.
Going to need a Game 4 type game from Pittsburgh like against the Caps

Old
05-19-2017, 12:04 PM
alfstheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyDornster View Post
26 teams have done it since 87 and Karlsson > Alfie, so yeah, I'm confident Sens can lock this down at the moment. Finally, finally, I might see a big league championship won in Ottawa. I'm giddy with anticipation. Took the franchise 25 years to figure things out!
Dont get too ahead of yourself, Pens are still in it 2-1 is not close to winning a series by any means let alone winning vs the Preds who seem unstoppable

Old
05-19-2017, 12:09 PM
End on a Hinote
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfstheman View Post
Dont get too ahead of yourself, Pens are still in it 2-1 is not close to winning a series by any means let alone winning vs the Preds who seem unstoppable
If the Sens knock off the Pens, and I predict they will, I think they have a good shot against the Preds if they get past Anaheim. Nashville reminds me of the 2003 Ducks, I think they will run out of gas by the finals should they make it.

I'm hoping for a long, exhausting WCF.

Old
05-19-2017, 12:11 PM
Pi

**** the Pens. They aren't even here without Fleury, don't like the Sens but I hope they blow the Pens out again. It would be hilarious to see them go back to Fleury for a do or die game after destroying his confidence.

Old
05-19-2017, 12:13 PM
NyQuil
Neon NyQuil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyDornster View Post
LOL, Sens fans will be throwing themselves off of buildings if we lose tonight's game.

Old
05-19-2017, 12:13 PM
TNT87
Defending Champs

Quote:
Going to need a Game 4 type game from Pittsburgh like against the Caps
Indeed. They have to come out better in the first period. This whole postseason they have stunk most of the time. No better example than the last game when the Sens destroyed them in the first and didn't have to break a sweat the rest of the way.

Old
05-19-2017, 12:14 PM
animalchin

Quote:

Offensively and puck moving slight edge...lol.

Karlsson career: 456 points/556 games = 0.82 pts/gm
Letang career: 386 points/603 games = 0.64 pts/gm

Karlsson last 3 years: 219 points/241 games = 0.908 pts/gm
Letang last 3 years: 155 points/181 games = 0.85 pts/gm

Karlsson 2016/17: 71 points/77 games = 0.92 pts/gm
Letang 2016/2017: 34 points/41 games = 0.83 pts/gm

Yup. I see the edge. It's Karlsson's edge. If you think Karlsson gives up anything in ability to control a game offensively to Letang, you haven't watched him play very much. If you readily admit he is way better defensively, and it is clear Karlsson is at the very least better offensively too...I rest my case.

lol

Old
05-19-2017, 12:15 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
**** the Pens. They aren't even here without Fleury, don't like the Sens but I hope they blow the Pens out again. It would be hilarious to see them go back to Fleury for a do or die game after destroying his confidence.
They'd only go back to Fleury if Murray is injured I feel

Old
05-19-2017, 12:15 PM
missingjibbsclub

Quote:
I just don't see how we can win with all these pansies
Fixed that for ya.

Old
05-19-2017, 12:21 PM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

Quote:
LOL, Sens fans will be throwing themselves off of buildings if we lose tonight's game.
Probably the same ones that doubted they would even make playoffs towards the end of March.

Closed Thread