Notices

Kitchener Rangers 2017 Offseason Thread

Old
05-19-2017, 12:03 PM
rangersblues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
Honestly, I hope the Rangers will evaluate the Tortora trade and figure out if he would be worth the 3 second round draft picks they would have to pay for him to report. I know having offensive players is a must. I guess this is where you should draft a player like him in the first round and not give up multiple 2nd rounders for him. Not sure if this is proper asset management! If they sign him, hopefully this will be the end of this type of "building".
Another case of trying to follow London's lead - unsuccessfully. The Tortora trade was done to emulate the Mete trade much in the same way Fabbri followed the Sonny Milano deal imo. Would have been a good deal if a) Tortora shows up and b) lives up to his hype.

rangersblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2017, 02:46 PM
SYWTom

Gordon signed with the Rangers today.

Guess I'll keep hoping for some Americans after the draft!

SYWTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2017, 03:59 PM
EvenSteven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersblues View Post
Another case of trying to follow London's lead - unsuccessfully. The Tortora trade was done to emulate the Mete trade much in the same way Fabbri followed the Sonny Milano deal imo. Would have been a good deal if a) Tortora shows up and b) lives up to his hype.
Not really a good comparison.

London knew Mete was coming as a 16 year old. Ditto Domi. However, I'm pretty sure that the Rangers did the Tortora trade only in hopes he may report eventually. No guarantees - hence all the 2nds being conditional.

If the Rangers/Colts had any indication that he'd report to Kitchener as a 16 or 17 year old, I doubt that the 2nds Kitchener sent Barrie's way would have been so distant or conditional. And when you compare the returns that OS and Kingston got for Mete and Domi, and the returns that Missy and Saginaw got for Nizhnikov and McLeod, (few conditionals in those deals) Barrie didn't get the value they should have for a defected 1st rounder - a defected 1st rounder likely to report.

If I'm a betting man, I doubt we ever see Tortora ply his trade at the Aud.

EvenSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2017, 06:51 PM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYWTom View Post
Gordon signed with the Rangers today.

Guess I'll keep hoping for some Americans after the draft!
I always like signings.

Hoping Gordon comes along. To me he didn't stand out in rookie camp or the OHL Gold Cup. But I guess 2 tournaments doesn't dictate a player.

BenchedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2017, 08:38 PM
RossyYoungblood
Director of Scouting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
I always like signings.

Hoping Gordon comes along. To me he didn't stand out in rookie camp or the OHL Gold Cup. But I guess 2 tournaments doesn't dictate a player.
With Gordon, you guys will need some patience. He was very inconsistent in our viewings this season but he is capable of logging a great game here and there. His value will likely be felt in two years

RossyYoungblood is offline   Reply With Quote