HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Windsor Spitfires 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 8)

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2017, 12:54 PM
spits

vCash: 500
I might have one single ticket for sale for tomorrow's game, Sec. 103 blue line, halfway up.
Also for the Spits game Sunday might have the same ticket for sale. Willing to sell Sunday game for $60.

Old
05-19-2017, 02:19 PM
ohloutsider

Borrowing from Nelli -

DROP THE PUCK!!!!!

Old
05-19-2017, 02:43 PM
randomhero4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohloutsider View Post
Borrowing from Nelli -

DROP THE PUCK!!!!!
Hellz Ya!! Pretty stoked for tonight's game!!

Old
05-19-2017, 03:45 PM
PanniniClaus

Anyone care to share line combos and d pairings?

Old
05-19-2017, 05:58 PM
Habsfan18

Let's surprise the hockey world.

05-19-2017, 06:08 PM
EvenSteven

Good luck Jeremy Bracco!!! Hope you have a hell of a tourney!! Show everyone how lopsided that trade really was!!

Well wishes from Kitchener!! Once a Ranger, always a Ranger!!

Old
05-19-2017, 06:34 PM
Crease Master

I think Rocky deserves some credit from the haters on here, the team doesn't look like one that's been off for that long and its a credit to him. Lots of empty seats behind the Windsor net, somebody obviously goofed on the pricing of those seats when they are empty for the opener of the tournament. My final point after the first 7 minutes is about Chabot. That clown gets so much hype because of his antics at the world junior tournament but he seems to be struggling against the heavy game of our forwards.

Old
05-19-2017, 07:23 PM
Savard18

Holy crap are those slick jerseys. Good luck guys.

Old
05-19-2017, 08:42 PM
Sec108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease Master View Post
I think Rocky deserves some credit from the haters on here, the team doesn't look like one that's been off for that long and its a credit to him. Lots of empty seats behind the Windsor net, somebody obviously goofed on the pricing of those seats when they are empty for the opener of the tournament. My final point after the first 7 minutes is about Chabot. That clown gets so much hype because of his antics at the world junior tournament but he seems to be struggling against the heavy game of our forwards.
Get off it CM, I will give Rocky credit when its justified.

Impressive win by the Spits in this one.Sea Dogs came out physical but Spits kept cool and discplined for the most part.

Trainers and coaches did a good job with conditioning and focus.

Spits have looked like this before, where they look impressive and come out flat next game.

We will see what we have on Sunday.But they looked good tonight.Great job!!!

Old
05-19-2017, 09:11 PM
Crease Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
Get off it CM, I will give Rocky credit when its justified.

Impressive win by the Spits in this one.Sea Dogs came out physical but Spits kept cool and discplined for the most part.

Trainers and coaches did a good job with conditioning and focus.

Spits have looked like this before, where they look impressive and come out flat next game.

We will see what we have on Sunday.But they looked good tonight.Great job!!!
Rocky did a good job tonight, at least give him that. That stupid penalty at the end almost caused another meltdown but they held at least. We're 1-0 and that has to count for something. Warren always said he built this team for the tournament and we'll see if that holds true, so far it has even with the layoff.

Old
05-19-2017, 09:17 PM
cfaub

Good to see Windsor get the win.

First period was nice to see them play more to their potential.

Did not get to see the second period.

Third period wasn't too bad until the last few minutes when they looked a bit shaky.

While they needed to start off with a win things will only get tougher. Hopefully the players understand when they play to their potential they are capable of playing with anyone in this tourney but if they start sitting back like so many times throughout the season things won't end well.

Let's see if they can build on this come Sunday.

Old
05-19-2017, 09:35 PM
randomhero4life

Great win tonight!! last 3 minutes were really scary....but we got the win!!...Let me tell you this! You have not lived until you barf your brains out in the penalty box!! Feel better Chatty!!

Old
05-19-2017, 10:03 PM
knightsfan90

good start hopefully Windsor keeps it up #anyonebuterie

Old
05-19-2017, 10:03 PM
ohloutsider

Crow out of the freezer and into the oven - I picked them to go 0-3 so I get Crow for breakfast!
They did look out of shape and conditioning was going to be an issue but they got a big win in game one and conditioning will get better as this tournament rolls on - they sure showed some heart and drive and that was the difference .
Looking forward to Erie tomorrow - should be a good game.

Old
05-19-2017, 10:30 PM
hockeylegend11

Spits

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomhero4life View Post
Great win tonight!! last 3 minutes were really scary....but we got the win!!...Let me tell you this! You have not lived until you barf your brains out in the penalty box!! Feel better Chatty!!
Yes, Rocky said at the post game that Chatfield played while under
the weather.

Old
05-19-2017, 10:37 PM
hockeylegend11

Nice win,Spits the better team for over 2-1/2 periods,even their coach admitted it at the press conference, Excellent start,team fed off the crowd,nice to see Luchuk,Sergachev and Bracco pickup 2 points each, to lead the way offensively.Thought Stanley for the most part played well after missing the last 4 months.
Only player I didn't like was Nattinen, otherwise kudos to the others who got the ice time.
4th line not used for the final half of the game,if not most of the last 2 periods.
Only change I would make is Corcoran in for Purboo.
One game at a time is the game plan, looking forward to Seattle Sunday night.

Last edited by hockeylegend11: 05-19-2017 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old
05-19-2017, 10:41 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Yes, Rocky said at the post game that Chatfield played while under
the weather.
Hey, your back. You've been quiet. A little wait n see Im guessing.

Congrats n enjoy.

Old
05-19-2017, 10:51 PM
hockeylegend11

Spits

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Hey, your back. You've been quiet. A little wait n see Im guessing.

Congrats n enjoy.
Thanks for the kind words, looking forward to seeing what this team can do,road won't be easy thats for
sure.

Old
05-19-2017, 11:41 PM
tomschman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Thanks for the kind words, looking forward to seeing what this team can do,road won't be easy thats for
sure.
There were a lot of empty seats behind the goal and some in each corner. I was talking to a billet for St. John and they said Sec 101 was their section and many of the parents and billets have not come in yet. Therefore, I think a lot of the empty seats may have been seats that were taken by the CHL. Our STH seats were actually empty, so we moved from our relocated seats to our regular seats.

Old
05-20-2017, 12:41 AM
count35

Watched the game tonight and Windsor should be proud....bit of a letdown but the teams in this tournament are the cream of the crop so it wasn't a surprise that SJ came back.

As a Hounds fan i'd personally like to see an all OHL final. Good luck to all.

Old
05-20-2017, 01:38 AM
OHLTG

Just got online to throw some comments in the mix...

- Outstanding start to this one by Windsor. They did exactly what they needed to do and Saint John didn't know how to respond. There were pockets where the Sea Dogs played their game and DiPietro had to come up huge, but it was easily one of the best first periods of Windsor's season.

- Rocky had these boys ready and credit is due. I kind of expected some "bus legs" but these guys were ready to go.

- This was the Bracco we waited for. He took control and did his thing. Props.

- Props also to Logan Stanley. A few guys tried to put the body on him and bounced off. He didn't think much of it. Later in the game, Nattinen was getting involved with someone and Stanley grabbed Nattinen and pulled him back. Leadership.

- The last five minutes was pretty much expected. Saint John wasn't going down easily and we all knew it. Except for the guy next to me who mentioned a shutout with 10 min to go, then his dad yelling "warm up the bus!" Just stop. They're the Q champs for a reason.

- Solid crowd. Not a sell-out but around 6,000 I believe. They were REALLY into it anytime Windsor did something. There was a nice mixture of Windsor jerseys and Saint John jerseys with some others thrown in. I'm actually really looking forward to Saturday to see the Seattle and Erie crowds.

- On that same note - I'm disappointed Rayzor didn't come down and say hi. We waved and his buddy said hello in person, but not Rayzor. We were all sitting there waiting, too. Maybe because Windsor was winning? (I tease)

- We all know Windsor needed a good showing in this game. Come out flat and it sets the tone to a possible three-and-out. We got the exact opposite and I don't think many people expected a win here. Now, Windsor is guaranteed at least a shot at the tie-breaker, maybe even a semi-final appearance. Build on the positives tonight and recognize that the final five minutes is part of this tournament. Windsor is going to be fine if they play like this every game.

Quote:
There were a lot of empty seats behind the goal and some in each corner. I was talking to a billet for St. John and they said Sec 101 was their section and many of the parents and billets have not come in yet. Therefore, I think a lot of the empty seats may have been seats that were taken by the CHL. Our STH seats were actually empty, so we moved from our relocated seats to our regular seats.
People were commenting on the empty seats during the game but I figured there were fans/families who simply hadn't made it yet. It's game one. This is part of life. In fact, while this is my sixth Memorial Cup (Guelph, Rimouski, Brandon, London, Mississauga, now here), this was my first Round Robin game. I'd imagine most people will be around by mid-week.

Old
05-20-2017, 02:15 AM
Markus078

Can someone please give a short insight on Nattinen? How he plays right now, who the linemates are. Thanks in advance!

Old
05-20-2017, 09:34 AM
windsor7

Windsor got the w.

For 2 periods they were the better team.

However in the 3rd period they did their usual bad hockey n sat back to protect the lead.
This is bad coaching. Bad thinking or strategy.
In a tournament that counts for goal difference letting the sea dogs score 2 is very bad. Actually they hit the post in last min. They could of tied it up. Another 30 seconds n I think sea dogs would of tied it up. Spits were out of gas.

Let's not blame the refs either!

Old
05-20-2017, 10:04 AM
youngblood10

Good for the Spits. At worse have forced a tie breaker game. But they won't be going 0-3. They showed a great effort to overcome the rust but I still don't trust this team. They could be no shows against Seattle.

Took Saint John some time to settle in. Which is normal and I don't like Windsor's chances if they meet up again. Monday's game with the Sea dogs & Otters will be a barn burner.

Old
05-20-2017, 10:14 AM
Finster8
Grimsby

Lets face it Windsor outplayed the Dogs and for such a long span since the last game played way better than I thought they could. So keep up the intensity and stay out of the box. Size and speed is a deadly combination GOOD LUCK from a Saginaw fan.

Closed Thread