HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2017 Offseason Roster Discussion II

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2017, 12:22 AM
Coyotes Crusader

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosby View Post
Minnesota Wild owner wishes team didnít make Martin Hanzal trade

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/m...-hanzal-trade/
Mr. Leipold, if you're "willing to live with it", then you don't have to mention it.

Old
05-19-2017, 12:24 AM
_Del_

vCash: 50
I would. A 3rd to get rid of that contract and keep Schenn sounds fine to me.

Old
05-19-2017, 12:26 AM
Coyotes Crusader

We're marshmallow soft even with Schenn. Couldn't imagine what liberties teams would would take without him.

Old
05-19-2017, 12:36 AM
Grimes

Vrbata will get a healthy contract, especially if its only a one year deal. Always a chance we sign Doan too. Add Duke, and other rfa and we probably get pretty close to the floor.

Old
05-19-2017, 12:37 AM
rt
SinglePotStillWhisky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotes Crusader View Post
We're marshmallow soft even with Schenn. Couldn't imagine what liberties teams would would take without him.
Nobody is afraid of Schenn. He's not a deterrent. Yes we are soft. And he is not soft. But he's not even close to being an intimidating player that commands decorum among opponents. Pick up Ryan Reaves for that. Anthony Peluso maybe. Schenn's only value is as a good defefensive defenseman.

05-19-2017, 12:38 AM
rt
SinglePotStillWhisky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotes Crusader View Post
Mr. Leipold, if you're "willing to live with it", then you don't have to mention it.
Totally agree. They're disrespecting Hanzal for no reason and they're just making themselves look like fools.

Maybe Hanzal will come back to us? If we don't end up drafting a center with our top pick, I'm pretty open to him coming back if the deal isn't too long.

Old
05-19-2017, 12:38 AM
Grimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Nobody is afraid of Schenn. He's not a deterrent. Yes we are soft. And he is not soft. But he's not even close to being an intimidating player that commands decorum among opponents. Pick up Ryan Reaves for that. Anthony Peluso maybe. Schenn's only value is as a good defefensive defenseman.
Reaves would be awesome. Blues fans and players seem to love him too.

Old
05-19-2017, 12:45 AM
Coyotes Crusader

Quote:
To suggest that anyone is afraid of Schenn would be laughable. That wasnt' my intent. Schenn was/is simply the best available response we have. Which leads me to agree with you in spades that Reaves, Peluso or even Thorburn would be meaningful upgrades. Let's hope for one of those three or our Young Guns will be shish-ke-bab.

Old
05-19-2017, 12:50 AM
rt
SinglePotStillWhisky

Thinking about Hanzal again. If we can get him on a short deal that's front-loaded enough to where he's not a nuisance in a few years might not be a bad idea.

Something like 3yrs, 17mil, 5.67avg

1. 7.50m
2. 5.75m
3. 3.75m

Any chance he takes that? It only sucks for usnin the first year when it really doesn't matter at all.

Keller-Hanzal-Vrbata
Domi-Burmistrov-Duke
Perlini-Dvorak-Rieder
Nook-Richardson-Fischer

Last edited by rt: 05-19-2017 at 12:59 AM.
Old
05-19-2017, 04:01 AM
Lilhoody

Quote:
Oh. Then who cares? Thanks for informing me/calming me. Haha.

How much would you guys pay Vegas to take McGinn off our hands, allowing us to keep Schenn?

If they said they'd accept nothing less than 69th overall, or we lose Schenn and get stuck with McGinn, would you do it?

I think I would.
Yes.

Old
05-19-2017, 09:31 AM
ducky

Quote:
Thinking about Hanzal again. If we can get him on a short deal that's front-loaded enough to where he's not a nuisance in a few years might not be a bad idea.

Something like 3yrs, 17mil, 5.67avg

1. 7.50m
2. 5.75m
3. 3.75m

Any chance he takes that? It only sucks for usnin the first year when it really doesn't matter at all.

Keller-Hanzal-Vrbata
Domi-Burmistrov-Duke
Perlini-Dvorak-Rieder
Nook-Richardson-Fischer
IF Hanzal and Burmistrov are the top 2 centres the Coyotes will be battling for 31st place next season.

Old
05-19-2017, 09:39 AM
Bonsai Tree
Turning a new leaf

I like Schenn for what he brings to the table. He doesn't have to play a role as a deterrent. He simply needs to keep the crease clean.

I also want Hanzal back. I know what we are getting and don't see any way to make a greater improvement to the club's center position for next season at this point in time than by taking Hanzal.

Old
05-19-2017, 09:42 AM
Jamieh

NHL players have no fear of guys like Reaves either. They play 8 or 9 minutes a night and can't really just fight folks who don't want to fight. NHL players have faced this their whole lives and the effect of a fighter are pretty much zero.
A good hard hitting D man is much more effective but again NHL players have faced that as well their whole lives.
Quote:

Old
05-19-2017, 10:02 AM
Mosby
Howl On

I'd pay the 3rd to move McGinn. He just doesn't fit this team.

No to Hanzal. Too many injuries. And let's finally change the look of this team.

Old
05-19-2017, 11:22 AM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
IF Hanzal and Burmistrov are the top 2 centres the Coyotes will be battling for 31st place next season.
Do you have a realistic expectation apart from that?

Old
05-19-2017, 11:42 AM
BUX7PHX

Based off of some ideas that have been kicked around, I could deal with the following moves:

Re-sign Vrbata and Doan to similar deals in the $2 - $3.0M range

Thornton on a 1 year deal of about $5.5 - $6.5M

Trade for Craig Smith from Nashville (adds $4.25M). I am looking at using the #23 or #35 pick, so #35 for Smith and a 2018 3rd round pick? Or #23 for #28 and Smith? I am really having a tough time gauging the value/worth of Smith in context to our draft picks.

Send a 3rd round pick to LV to take McGinn.

Given the RFAs that we plan on keeping out of Martinook, Burmistrov, etc. - this should get us to the cap floor without having to add an LTIR contract.

In a worst case scenario, let's say that we are short of the cap floor by no more than $2.0M, do we speed up an extension for Domi, and try to get him locked in for an extended time of say, 6 years and a $28M contract?

Domi-Thornton-Vrbata
Perlini-Dvorak-Smith
Rieder-Strome-Duclair
Martinook-Richardson-Doan

Crouse, Dauphin, Fischer, and Keller all could be in the AHL. If Strome needs AHL time as well, Keller or Crouse come up and Martinook shifts back to C. I think we may see more of our players like Rieder being discussed in trades. If this were to happen and we also kept some of the RFAs (Burmi, Jooris, or others), then we have a lot of players without much room on the NHL level for all of that talent. Trades may be coming sooner than we think.

Old
05-19-2017, 11:51 AM
DesertDawg

I still think that Hanzal's last back operation did him good. Re-sign Vrbata, bring back Hanzal, and trade for someone like Tyler Johnson. I guess it would be circumventing if the 'Yotes traded for TJ and included in a package a player to be named later, after the expansion draft. So we would be trading an expansion protection slot. That also might work with the Rangers if the Coyotes can get away with it.

Old
05-19-2017, 12:57 PM
Kaibur

I think the 3rd round pick is too much for McGinn. He had a bad year and he's a left-handed winger, but that contract is not outrageous and helps us to get closer to the floor. Plus, I'd say McGinn is a very likely candidate for a bounceback season. It's not like we're leaving Vegas a lot of other good options, so it's sort of an idle threat. What are they going to do? Take one year of Luke Schenn? Domingue? K-Conn? It's not like any of those are huge losses to the roster either.

I'd be willing to go up to our 4th, but past that I'd look to include McGinn as a contract dump in a trade instead or move someone else and hope he bounces back.

Old
05-19-2017, 01:01 PM
Kaibur

For Hanzal, I'd offer 4 year X $5.5M per = $22M total
$6, 5.75, 5.25, 5
He holds place for the first 2 and then you decide if he's a buyout candidate or just an expensive bottom 6 center on a team built to compete.
Even if we buy him out after year 2, he should still be able to earn the remainder, as long as he doesn't decline too much.

Old
05-19-2017, 03:24 PM
SR

Artem Anisimov is reported to possibly be available, thoughts?

Old
05-19-2017, 03:46 PM
Mosby
Howl On

Yes. He's not a 1C but he's better than anything we have now or have had in the past 10 years.

Contract is just okay. 4.55 over the next 4. I guess it depends what the Hawks would want in return.

In this case I guess we'd run Anisimov, Dvo, Strome, Richy down the middle.

Old
05-19-2017, 03:55 PM
PhoPhan

Anisimov brings similar traits to Hanzal, he'll probably be a hair cheaper, Tippett will be less likely to lean on him at the expense of younger players' development, and he plays a style better suited for the prospects making their way through the system. His success with Kane and Panarin suggests he could be a good center between Keller and Domi. Sign me up.

Old
05-19-2017, 05:31 PM
Grimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Why would Chicago want to trade him? Their center depth is getting weaker and weaker and he is on an affordable contact. Unless they think they can get Bonino for cheaper I don't see why they would move him yet. Is there a source to this because I would love to pick him up. He would be a perfect stop gap type center as he is a better fit than Hanzal, but still is very defensively responsible.

Old
05-19-2017, 05:33 PM
XX
It's finally over

The Coyotes have very little trade ammo beyond the Minny pick. I don't see it.

Old
05-19-2017, 05:35 PM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosby View Post
Yes. He's not a 1C but he's better than anything we have now or have had in the past 10 years.

Contract is just okay. 4.55 over the next 4. I guess it depends what the Hawks would want in return.

In this case I guess we'd run Anisimov, Dvo, Strome, Richy down the middle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Anisimov brings similar traits to Hanzal, he'll probably be a hair cheaper, Tippett will be less likely to lean on him at the expense of younger players' development, and he plays a style better suited for the prospects making their way through the system. His success with Kane and Panarin suggests he could be a good center between Keller and Domi. Sign me up.
I don't like Russians, but he may not be a bad option.

Closed Thread