HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Victor Antipin signs with Buffalo

Old
05-19-2017, 02:57 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Sure View Post
But they now have 2 more defenseman under contract while we wait. If he wants to focus on the tournament, fine, but I just worry about putting all our eggs in 1 basket.
It isn't putting eggs in a basket. How does it impact their ability to chase anyone else? It doesn't. It also isn't as if the Sabres can just sign anyone they want. The other side has to be interested. Antipin said he will sign an NHL contract after the WC. It isn't after the WC. All reporting says he is sticking to his Buffalo commitment despite the front office change. I don't really understand anyone being concerned at this point.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2017, 03:24 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxon View Post
It isn't putting eggs in a basket. How does it impact their ability to chase anyone else? It doesn't. It also isn't as if the Sabres can just sign anyone they want. The other side has to be interested. Antipin said he will sign an NHL contract after the WC. It isn't after the WC. All reporting says he is sticking to his Buffalo commitment despite the front office change. I don't really understand anyone being concerned at this point.
Some fans like to worry about anything and everything.

Yawn.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2017, 05:01 PM
kp2575
Ray's Pocket Square

Quote:
But they now have 2 more defenseman under contract while we wait. If he wants to focus on the tournament, fine, but I just worry about putting all our eggs in 1 basket.
Who is waiting? It's not an order of operations where this needs to occur first. Why do people think so linear on this board?

kp2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2017, 07:08 PM
Not Sure

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Hey, where'd those goalposts go?

Friedman reported the vultures were circling, but Antipin seems to have rebuffed them. It's always appeared that he was going to sign after the WC. Yet, here we are with Russia still in the WC, and you're getting concerned. How about you wait at least a week after the tournament ends before you get your Buffalo Fan up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidual View Post
It's apples and oranges though. That's all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kp2575 View Post
Who is waiting? It's not an order of operations where this needs to occur first. Why do people think so linear on this board?
I get it, I really do. Logically it all makes perfect sense, I'm just saying being a sports fan in Buffalo makes my mind go immediately to worst case scenario.

I'm just worried we are missing out on a steal somewhere while we conduct the coaching search because they are complacent with getting Antipin and count it as a win. It's like looking for a QB, just start picking up as many as you can until you hit on one. Just hope they are still looking despite assurances that Antipin is coming because we still need at least another top 4 guy in Buffalo and a couple in Rochester.

Not Sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2017, 07:12 PM
Dingo44
Top 4 D Can Wait

Quote:
I get it, I really do. Logically it all makes perfect sense, I'm just saying being a sports fan in Buffalo makes my mind go immediately to worst case scenario.

I'm just worried we are missing out on a steal somewhere while we conduct the coaching search because they are complacent with getting Antipin and count it as a win. It's like looking for a QB, just start picking up as many as you can until you hit on one. Just hope they are still looking despite assurances that Antipin is coming because we still need at least another top 4 guy in Buffalo and a couple in Rochester.
I'm a lifelong Buffalo sports fan and I can't even begin to share this level of unreasonable paranoia. I might get the worry he's not going to sign despite multiple and constant and non-contradicting reports that he will, but to add in some thought that it's preventing us from looking for other upgrades? Sheesh - relax.

Dingo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2017, 07:17 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:

The worthy Euro league signings are mostly all spoken for now. Chris Lee is the main one out there that I'd like to see them talk to as potential depth. There's not much they can do until NHL free agency. Your comment sounds as if it were being made after day 1 of free agency.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2017, 07:24 PM
Not Sure

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo44 View Post
I'm a lifelong Buffalo sports fan and I can't even begin to share this level of unreasonable paranoia. I might get the worry he's not going to sign despite multiple and constant and non-contradicting reports that he will, but to add in some thought that it's preventing us from looking for other upgrades? Sheesh - relax.
I never, ever, said it was reasonable. I can identify it's completely unreasonable, which is why I used the heart vs. brain analogy.

Last edited by Not Sure: 05-19-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Not Sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2017, 07:40 PM
sabrebuild

If I was antipin, I'd like to know who the coach will be.

sabrebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 07:18 AM
Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrebuild View Post
If I was antipin, I'd like to know who the coach will be.
You think he has a preference of guys he's never met who coach in a league he's never played in?

He was willing to come when BYLSMA and his terrible system were here. The vacant slot is an upgrade.

Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 11:31 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Is he signed yet? Is he signed yet?

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 11:33 AM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
I was going to post this as well

But then I remembered he still has a bronze medal game to play

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 01:17 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
you kids be quiet back there or i will turn this car around

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 03:22 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
you kids be quiet back there or i will turn this car around
I lol'ed...

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 05:39 PM
sabrebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
You think he has a preference of guys he's never met who coach in a league he's never played in?

He was willing to come when BYLSMA and his terrible system were here. The vacant slot is an upgrade.
I think he would like to know. I think he has friends in the league who could discuss coaches with him. I think he has management that could discuss coaches with him. It's hardly an enigma to learn about a coach, Riddler.

As to Bylsma, maybe he likes stretch passes😜

Not saying it's a deal breaker, but I'd want to know.

sabrebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2017, 05:52 PM
Sabre the Win
ROR 2 LW Plz

Antipin sees Buffalo as the best opportunity for him to play right away and get big minutes so he can show and prove and get paid by us or some other team when his ELC is done. Coaching has nothing to do with his decision.

Sabre the Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2017, 06:08 PM
CrazyPsycho

CrazyPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2017, 06:12 PM
Sabre the Win
ROR 2 LW Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPsycho View Post
I'm excited a little. It never hurts to get free talent for the back end.

Sabre the Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2017, 06:35 PM
BiPolarBear

BiPolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2017, 06:38 PM
5 Minute Major

vCash: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiPolarBear View Post
If he can't make the Sabres top 6 I will personally pack his bags and take him to the airport so he can go back to Russia.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2017, 06:38 PM
joshjull

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2017, 06:39 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
If he can't make the Sabres top 6 I will personally pack his bags and take him to the airport so he can go back to Russia.
Exactly.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2017, 06:43 PM
Ace

Good stuff.

Old
05-21-2017, 06:46 PM
Ace

The Turning down Pitt part is new...but funny how that a Pitt guy is here.

"Viktor...I'm telling ya I was just there and it's a terrible place. What's that? 7-0 and up 3-2 in the semis looking for back to back cups? ... No I think something was lost in translation there..."

Old
05-21-2017, 06:49 PM
flashsabre

Watching him against NHL talent at the Worlds I was impressed. Small in stature but feisty in battles. Very good PMD who played PP and PK for Russia. If he can't crack Buffalo's top 6 then Botterill will have had a heck of a summer. A definite step in the right direction to fixing the back end.

flashsabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2017, 06:56 PM
dkollidas

I know he's been playing the right side, but I'd love to see him with Ristolainen getting some nice O-Zone starts. He could also be a nice QB for PP2

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote