HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yannick Weber signs with preds

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-19-2016, 05:21 AM
  #76
HABsurde
Registered User
 
HABsurde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Yoshi View Post
Price to sign with Nashville? Free agent in 2018.

Just saying y'all
If Rinne contract is over by then or someone is willing to trade for him, i would not be surprise....

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2016, 08:35 AM
  #77
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
If Rinne contract is over by then or someone is willing to trade for him, i would not be surprise....
Actually, Rinne's contract ends in 2018-2019...

EDIT; as for Weber. I'm curious as to where on the depth chart he ends up.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2016, 08:38 AM
  #78
Preds33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 8,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Actually, Rinne's contract ends in 2018-2019...

EDIT; as for Weber. I'm curious as to where on the depth chart he ends up.
I'd say that will depend on his performance. I'd say he would be given an outright shot at #5/6 to start and depending on how that goes he may become #7.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2016, 08:59 AM
  #79
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
I'd say that will depend on his performance. I'd say he would be given an outright shot at #5/6 to start and depending on how that goes he may become #7.
I see his stats and I question if he's not the 7th dman. I think Granberg should be interesting. He's the youngest dman but had the 5th highest TOI/g Remember, he was recovering form a torn Achilles when he played last yr

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2016, 09:30 AM
  #80
Preds33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 8,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I see his stats and I question if he's not the 7th dman. I think Granberg should be interesting. He's the youngest dman but had the 5th highest TOI/g Remember, he was recovering form a torn Achilles when he played last yr
I don't see why Poile would buyout Jackman if the intentions were to play Granberg with Bitetto to start.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2016, 11:23 AM
  #81
triggrman
Registered User
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,124
vCash: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
I don't see why Poile would buyout Jackman if the intentions were to play Granberg with Bitetto to start.
To save money...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2016, 12:06 PM
  #82
Preds33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 8,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
To save money...
I guess my thought was more on the Cap hit next year when we need to resign Johansen. Although his isn't much, his combined with the others is a good amount of dead space.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2016, 12:19 PM
  #83
tampa pred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
I don't see why Poile would buyout Jackman if the intentions were to play Granberg with Bitetto to start.
To me, this is the biggest indication that he is going with Grandberg. Once Jackman fell to #7 on the depth chart, he became too expensive to keep. You don't pay Jackman $3 million to sit in the pressbox when you can pay a Y. Weber the league minimum to do the same.

tampa pred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2016, 12:24 PM
  #84
Preds33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 8,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa pred View Post
To me, this is the biggest indication that he is going with Grandberg. Once Jackman fell to #7 on the depth chart, he became too expensive to keep. You don't pay Jackman $3 million to sit in the pressbox when you can pay a Y. Weber the league minimum to do the same.

Given the option of Jackman or Granberg I can see that. But now they have someone else who could possibly play there. IDK what to think, I just feel like Weber will have to get outplayed in order for him to be the scratch.

Edit: something interesting. Granberg is not listed on the Preds roster, nor is he listed as "In the System". At first I thought it was because of the arbitration issue, but Jarnkrok is on there.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2016, 01:33 PM
  #85
year1fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
Weber has been pretty average for a career but he isn't chopped liver. He's probably the best veteran D signing Poile has made. And he's still younger than most of those other signings. I look for him to be rotating with Granberg with some PP time. That is, if Granberg signs.

year1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2016, 09:24 AM
  #86
Donzo
Registered User
 
Donzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Didn't want to start a new thread for this minor question, but I'm just curious if Preds fans think their D is "set" for next season? Is there confidence in Y. Weber/Bitetto/Granberg as the 5/6/7 D, or is there a sense that those guys can't take enough pressure off of the big guns? I see that Weber averaged just under 19:00 TOI in Vancouver and both Granberg and Bitetto averaged under 14:00 TOI, so unless those numbers come up a little that's going to put a lot of mileage on the top 4.

Donzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2016, 09:52 AM
  #87
Legionnaire11
BucketPred Land
 
Legionnaire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 4,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzo View Post
Didn't want to start a new thread for this minor question, but I'm just curious if Preds fans think their D is "set" for next season? Is there confidence in Y. Weber/Bitetto/Granberg as the 5/6/7 D, or is there a sense that those guys can't take enough pressure off of the big guns? I see that Weber averaged just under 19:00 TOI in Vancouver and both Granberg and Bitetto averaged under 14:00 TOI, so unless those numbers come up a little that's going to put a lot of mileage on the top 4.
If Josi and Subban are paired together, they can go 25+ minutes, Ekholm and Ellis 20+ and then that third pair only needs 14 minutes.

Another scenario would be Ekholm/Josi and Subban/Ellis pairings each skating 22-23 minutes. And then the third still only needs around 14.

So the third pair really isn't the question here, it's more a question of can Ekholm and Ellis go from 20 to 22-23?

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2016, 10:08 AM
  #88
sukimono
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PQ
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,575
vCash: 500
He's a defenseman that cannot play defense


sukimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2016, 11:40 AM
  #89
year1fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
If Josi and Subban are paired together, they can go 25+ minutes, Ekholm and Ellis 20+ and then that third pair only needs 14 minutes.

Another scenario would be Ekholm/Josi and Subban/Ellis pairings each skating 22-23 minutes. And then the third still only needs around 14.

So the third pair really isn't the question here, it's more a question of can Ekholm and Ellis go from 20 to 22-23?
You're correct but it would be great if the 5/6/7 could pull more minutes to save energy for the 1/2/3/4 late in the season and playoffs. In past years it seemed the D went into playoffs pretty tired.

year1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2016, 11:52 AM
  #90
Preds33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 8,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
If Josi and Subban are paired together, they can go 25+ minutes, Ekholm and Ellis 20+ and then that third pair only needs 14 minutes.

Another scenario would be Ekholm/Josi and Subban/Ellis pairings each skating 22-23 minutes. And then the third still only needs around 14.

So the third pair really isn't the question here, it's more a question of can Ekholm and Ellis go from 20 to 22-23?
Something else to consider this year is the season is compressed again thanks to the world (but not really world) cup like it was in Olympic years. I feel like this will play a role in the ice time assignments.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2016, 12:20 AM
  #91
sparkle twin
Goals? Nah, I pass.
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Something else to consider this year is the season is compressed again thanks to the world (but not really world) cup like it was in Olympic years. I feel like this will play a role in the ice time assignments.
That's true, but teams also have a bye week this season, 5 full days off. Ours is Feb.13-17. It's not a long time, but it will help.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2016, 10:35 AM
  #92
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,227
vCash: 500
Great shot, but waits and waits and waits and waits to use it. Result, he passes up more chances to shoot then he should. Good skater.

Defensively, as a Hab, he was horrible. Maybe it was the scrutiny, maybe youth....but he treated the puck like a grenade. Poor decisions and slow reactions.

Possibly he improved a Canuck, I did not see him as often. That said, they were very thin on D and he never became a go-to player.

As well, physically...he brings nothing to the table. He has no mean streak at all.

I wish him and the Preds all the best, but he will not be a solution for your team.

P.S. I miss Subban already.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2017, 01:07 PM
  #93
Eye of Ra
Mr.Negativo
 
Eye of Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,119
vCash: 500
good season?

Eye of Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2017, 01:21 PM
  #94
nomorekids
The original, baby
 
nomorekids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 33,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye of Ra View Post
good season?
He's been a solid bottom pairing defenseman. I couldn't ask for much more than what Irwin\Weber do in their 11-15 mins per game.

We haven't seen as much of the shot as advertised, but he's also been much better defensively than I expected.

__________________
nomorekids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2017, 01:47 PM
  #95
BonMorrison
Your resident SJW
 
BonMorrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,520
vCash: 500
Weber has been great as a bottom pairing defenseman, plays a safe game with fewer errors. I'm more nervous when Irwin has the puck tbh (tho he has been fine too). Would definitely be fine with Weber coming back again next year.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2017, 01:55 PM
  #96
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 9,157
vCash: 344
I remember one game kinda early in the season I posted in a GDT something like "Am I the only one who doesn't think Weber sucks?" and several people were like haha no I don't either.

Point being I think he's played well, like others have said.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2017, 07:42 PM
  #97
year1fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
Lots said about the top 4 and rightly so but Preds have one of the best 5/6 in the league; if not the best. No offense but pretty solid defensively and Irwin has been in top4 frequently and performed well. Preds definately have top D in the league.

year1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2017, 10:25 AM
  #98
nomorekids
The original, baby
 
nomorekids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 33,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by year1fan View Post
Lots said about the top 4 and rightly so but Preds have one of the best 5/6 in the league; if not the best. No offense but pretty solid defensively and Irwin has been in top4 frequently and performed well. Preds definately have top D in the league.
I think Irwin's good season owes a lot to playing with Josi -- he does look decidedly different and at times bad when he's on the third pair.

Like someone else said, I think Irwin is our worst regular d-man...but he's still not "bad"

nomorekids is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.