HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

WCF - Game 4 - Anaheim 3 at Nashville 2 (OT) - Series Tied 2-2

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2017, 12:56 PM
tampa pred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
I am hoping it is a cut as well and not a concussion. We'll have a better idea today and if he makes the trip to Anaheim or not.
If it was just a cut, they would have stitched it up during the intermission and he would have been available for overtime.

Old
05-19-2017, 01:11 PM
pbgoalie

As a Ducks fan, I like Fisher, hope he's ok.
Totally an accident, but if it happened to one of our guys I probably say it's still careless

Old
05-19-2017, 02:24 PM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbgoalie View Post
As a Ducks fan, I like Fisher, hope he's ok.
Totally an accident, but if it happened to one of our guys I probably say it's still careless
I do think the Ducks are a dirty team, as their penalty history proves, but that said, I didn't see anything dirty on that play. Manson was jumping to try to bat the puck. There was no intent.

Old
05-19-2017, 02:36 PM
tampa pred

It is all of the post-whistle shenanigans that make the Ducks a dirty team. I have no problem with a team being physical during play (like the Blues).

Old
05-19-2017, 02:38 PM
predfan98

There is a difference between playing hard, like St. Louis , and playing dirty like the ducks.

The ducks play to injure. Hiding behind the Nhl refusal to let the refs call for example 20 penalties on the ducks and 1 on the other team.
The Nhl lets the ducks play dirty. No more any of this "it's the game", the Nhl encourages teams like the ducks to injure.

Old
05-19-2017, 02:46 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
There is a difference between playing hard, like St. Louis , and playing dirty like the ducks.

The ducks play to injure. Hiding behind the Nhl refusal to let the refs call for example 20 penalties on the ducks and 1 on the other team.
The Nhl lets the ducks play dirty. No more any of this "it's the game", the Nhl encourages teams like the ducks to injure.
Then they call McLeod for the first instigator penalty in a tied playoff game since 2012 when we try and stand up for it.

Old
05-19-2017, 03:06 PM
KurtAngle

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post

I forget exactly where I heard this, but I heard this and agree. The Ducks do a lot of stupid penalties early because they know the refs will not call so many later in the game. I've heard the Seattle Seahawks do the same in the NFL, taking a few interference penalties by their defensive backs early to "condition" the referees into being cautious after so many.

Until the Preds find the power play it's going to keep happening because right now they can do it freely with little damage.

Old
05-19-2017, 03:09 PM
tampa pred

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAngle View Post
Until the Preds find the power play it's going to keep happening because right now they can do it freely with little damage.
That's a great point. The Preds PP has been awful this series. The Ducks have no reason to fear committing penalties.

Old
05-19-2017, 03:10 PM
HITMAN88

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
I do think the Ducks are a dirty team, as their penalty history proves, but that said, I didn't see anything dirty on that play. Manson was jumping to try to bat the puck. There was no intent.
Not intentional but still looks exactly like that MMA move

Old
05-19-2017, 03:16 PM
JamestheSame

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Apparantly the Ducks have cheapshotted Johansen into surgery post game.

Explain yourself!

Old
05-19-2017, 03:36 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAngle View Post
I forget exactly where I heard this, but I heard this and agree. The Ducks do a lot of stupid penalties early because they know the refs will not call so many later in the game. I've heard the Seattle Seahawks do the same in the NFL, taking a few interference penalties by their defensive backs early to "condition" the referees into being cautious after so many.

I understand your point and agree to some extent. But I don't think the ducks style of play is as dependent on the power play ability of their opponent as it is the unwillingness of the referees to call a lopsided penalty laden game. And that is on the Nhl.

Old
05-19-2017, 04:29 PM
Paka Ono
Pro Ice Girl Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamestheSame View Post
Explain yourself!
Johansen is out for the rest of the playoffs.

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...75886007287810

Old
05-19-2017, 07:35 PM
Hinterland

Johansen is one guy that this Preds team can't afford to lose. Too thin at Center. Preds need a miracle from Kamenev or this could end up being an ugly one. Jarnkrok hasn't been quite himself since his injury, Fisher hasn't been great as well and obviously has some health issues himself now. Sissons has been great but you probably can't expect him to play like a top6 Center. There's no point in dressing Gaudreau or Fiddler...it's not gonna be enough against Getzlaf, Kesler and Vermette...even if Fisher is good to go.
Play Kamenev and add every bit of speed and scoring available to that lineup. Something like:

Forsberg, Kamenev, Arvidsson
Wilson, Fisher, Neal
Aberg, Jarnkrok, Salomaki
Zolnierczyk, Sissons, Watson

Oh, and that Smith guy better return ASAP. This team needs him back...desperately. Once he returns, put him on Jarnkrok's wing and bump Salomaki to the 4th to replace either Harry or Watson.

I still can't believe this actually happened. Now it's even more frustrating that they weren't ready for the last game. A 3-1 would have been entirely possible to finish...even without Johansen. With a 2-2 I'm not so sure. Even though it's only the Ducks, this is gonna be very very difficult.

Old
05-19-2017, 07:58 PM
King Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinterland View Post
Johansen is one guy that this Preds team can't afford to lose. Too thin at Center. Preds need a miracle from Kamenev or this could end up being an ugly one. Jarnkrok hasn't been quite himself since his injury, Fisher hasn't been great as well and obviously has some health issues himself now. Sissons has been great but you probably can't expect him to play like a top6 Center. There's no point in dressing Gaudreau or Fiddler...it's not gonna be enough against Getzlaf, Kesler and Vermette...even if Fisher is good to go.
Play Kamenev and add every bit of speed and scoring available to that lineup. Something like:

Forsberg, Kamenev, Arvidsson
Wilson, Fisher, Neal
Aberg, Jarnkrok, Salomaki
Zolnierczyk, Sissons, Watson

Oh, and that Smith guy better return ASAP. This team needs him back...desperately. Once he returns, put him on Jarnkrok's wing and bump Salomaki to the 4th to replace either Harry or Watson.

I still can't believe this actually happened. Now it's even more frustrating that they weren't ready for the last game. A 3-1 would have been entirely possible to finish...even without Johansen. With a 2-2 I'm not so sure. Even though it's only the Ducks, this is gonna be very very difficult.
I'd like to see Kamenev center the 3rd with Watson and Aberg on his wings.
Jarnkrok with Forsberg and Arvy and Sissons with Neal and Wilson.

Old
05-20-2017, 11:34 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Come on Jonesey close this depressing crapstain and get us a good Underdog GDT for today

05-20-2017, 12:16 PM
Jonesey
Dept. of Defense

I'm not home yet but I can make one in a bit if no one else does.

Old
05-20-2017, 12:49 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
I'm not home yet but I can make one in a bit if no one else does.
Oh no you're not getting off that easy..... like Rinne, we will win or lose with the one who got us this far

Closed Thread