HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Games like last night vs. Ottawa = GOOD for Price

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2008, 10:20 AM
  #1
22SteveBegin22
Registered User
 
22SteveBegin22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 582
vCash: 500
Games like last night vs. Ottawa = GOOD for Price

Yes I would have rather seen him get a shutout, but I think there's a silver lining to the crappy third period we had last night (and Price had)... he learns from stuff like this. Let's face it, one of our biggest question marks going into the playoffs is going to be whether the young goalies can handle it. Anything that gets him more seasoned has a bright side.

He went from having a pretty easy night to being deluged with shots and having to try and slow the game down and get things under control. He had to recover from giving up a bad rebound and a bad goal. He had to shift from "we can take it easy, we're way ahead" mode back into "**** this matters, I'd better make saves" mode.

We still got the two points, and hopefully Price learns something from this... I'll take that.

22SteveBegin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 10:24 AM
  #2
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,935
vCash: 500
Watch Price rebound with a great performance his next game. Speaking of which... as we have a back to back does anyone else think we'll see Halak in one of the games?

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 10:27 AM
  #3
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyHabsFan21 View Post
Watch Price rebound with a great performance his next game. Speaking of which... as we have a back to back does anyone else think we'll see Halak in one of the games?
I think Halak will start Buffalo.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 10:31 AM
  #4
Russeltown
Registered User
 
Russeltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
I think Halak will start Buffalo.
Price = Leaf Killer

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 10:31 AM
  #5
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,197
vCash: 500
Not just good for Price, good for the whole team. They scored 7 goals, killed Ottawa, and still faced a scare that will likely prevent them from getting complacent. A game like last night's will force the team to learn a hard lesson, and they still take home 2 points.

Halak should get a game this weekend. Why not?

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 10:32 AM
  #6
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post
Price = Leaf Killer
These days its almost: ANY goalie = Leafs Killer

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 10:34 AM
  #7
Russeltown
Registered User
 
Russeltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
These days its almost: ANY goalie = Leafs Killer
Minus (Ray Emery, Martin Gerber) .
Leafs are 12-4-1 in their last 17.

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 10:34 AM
  #8
Tuggy
Homer glasses on
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,703
vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
I think Halak will start Buffalo.
That's what I figure with Price going on Saturday.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 10:34 AM
  #9
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyHabsFan21 View Post
Watch Price rebound with a great performance his next game. Speaking of which... as we have a back to back does anyone else think we'll see Halak in one of the games?

are you making allusion to the fact he gives a lot of rebounds?!?

you are sure a really sneaky dude

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 10:42 AM
  #10
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
are you making allusion to the fact he gives a lot of rebounds?!?

you are sure a really sneaky dude
no, i'm making allusion to the fact good goalies come back with great games after poor performances.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 10:47 AM
  #11
Russeltown
Registered User
 
Russeltown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyHabsFan21 View Post
no, i'm making allusion to the fact good goalies come back with great games after poor performances.
are you making allusion that Carey Price is a poor guy?

you are sure a really sneaky dude


Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 10:48 AM
  #12
Karl Pilkington
Registered User
 
Karl Pilkington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,056
vCash: 500
At least we can learn a lesson from a game like last night and still come out on top. That's the difference this year... the team makes mistakes and learns from them but is still winning at the same time. Last year we'd make mistakes, lose and try to learn for the next game.

Karl Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 10:51 AM
  #13
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,228
vCash: 256
I doubt Price get's the back to back even if he would have got a shutout yesterday.I think Halak get's Friday and Price Saturday

Habs 4 Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 10:56 AM
  #14
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post
Minus (Ray Emery, Martin Gerber) .
Leafs are 12-4-1 in their last 17.
Plan the cup parade.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 11:24 AM
  #15
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22SteveBegin22 View Post
Yes I would have rather seen him get a shutout, but I think there's a silver lining to the crappy third period we had last night (and Price had)... he learns from stuff like this. Let's face it, one of our biggest question marks going into the playoffs is going to be whether the young goalies can handle it. Anything that gets him more seasoned has a bright side.

He went from having a pretty easy night to being deluged with shots and having to try and slow the game down and get things under control. He had to recover from giving up a bad rebound and a bad goal. He had to shift from "we can take it easy, we're way ahead" mode back into "**** this matters, I'd better make saves" mode.

We still got the two points, and hopefully Price learns something from this... I'll take that.
Why are there so many Price threads after last nights game? The 3rd period collapse wasn't Price's fault...time to idiot proof the HFBOARDS sign up sheet.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 11:31 AM
  #16
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,985
vCash: 883
Halak has better stats against the Leafs.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.