HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SAKU Koivu appreciation Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2008, 10:17 PM
  #1
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!
 
didouche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,821
vCash: 500
SAKU Koivu appreciation Thread

Great game tonight for the captain!!!

Heart! Speed! Skill!!!!

No points for the captain is back in shape for the playoffs


Last edited by didouche: 03-24-2008 at 10:23 PM.
didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 10:19 PM
  #2
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,596
vCash: 50
no points but he played a hell of a game, well, 2 periods

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 10:29 PM
  #3
type_v
Registered User
 
type_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Peru
Posts: 389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
no points but he played a hell of a game, well, 2 periods
I think even in the third he played well, or as well as you can play with zero support from the defense. His line didn't get scored on and had the only shift (from what I can remember) with maintained pressure in the offensive zone. There was also that killing of the five on three.

type_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 10:32 PM
  #4
anarmandaleb
 
anarmandaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hiding in a blanket
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
He's always been my favourite. Hardly ever loses his cool.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 10:32 PM
  #5
Stephen Locke*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Offline
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by didouche View Post
Great game tonight for the captain!!!

Heart! Speed! Skill!!!!

No points for the captain is back in shape for the playoffs
Exactly.Scoring isn't everything,though he did create and generate some great scoring opportunities.He was consistently excellent and gave a strong effort tonight,as always since the ASG break.As the games become more and more important he picks up his game and steps up.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 10:36 PM
  #6
ari1160
 
ari1160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 2,259
vCash: 500
yeaaa... saku
he played a 2 great period. had 2 great chances to score in the first period.

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 10:39 PM
  #7
badfish
Habs fan in SK
 
badfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,794
vCash: 500
woop woop go koivu

badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 10:40 PM
  #8
HotPie
Registered User
 
HotPie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,587
vCash: 500
Can't wait to see this team in the playoffs.

Saku and Kovy are playoff warriors.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 10:56 PM
  #9
LastRide
Registered User
 
LastRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,209
vCash: 500
I had to watch the game listening to the Senators broadcasters. They ripped into Koivu a little because he didn't have any points saying he was having a quite game. They were also ripping the Habs because the scoring was spread out..LOL. I might go back to watching RDS even though I don't speak French. Some broadcasters are big time home boys. Its worthless listening to them.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2008, 11:05 PM
  #10
redmachine54
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
I had to watch the game listening to the Senators broadcasters. They ripped into Koivu a little because he didn't have any points saying he was having a quite game. They were also ripping the Habs because the scoring was spread out..LOL. I might go back to watching RDS even though I don't speak French. Some broadcasters are big time home boys. Its worthless listening to them.
So they were ripping the Canadiens for having depth?

Koivu played a great game tonight. I was a little disappointed that he finished with no points, but overall, I really don't care, because he did his share to get the team the win.

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 12:49 AM
  #11
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,503
vCash: 137

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 07:57 AM
  #12
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ari1160 View Post
yeaaa... saku
he played a 2 great period. had 2 great chances to score in the first period.
no problem with Saks , but its time to part ways after his contract is up

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 08:08 AM
  #13
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,615
vCash: 500
Saku shouldn't have an appreciation thread because the Sens commentators said he didn't show up for the game. In them I trust.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 08:20 AM
  #14
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
Playing better and better in the last couple of games and that's great news entering the playoffs..

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 09:59 AM
  #15
Penalty Killer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Saku shouldn't have an appreciation thread because the Sens commentators said he didn't show up for the game. In them I trust.
Seriously, I wonder who's worse, the Boston guys or the Ottawa guys. They both really tell it like it is, don't they?

I'm pretty sure I heard the color guy mentioning something about killing Laps...

Penalty Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 11:37 AM
  #16
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by didouche View Post
Great game tonight for the captain!!!

Heart! Speed! Skill!!!!

No points for the captain is back in shape for the playoffs
Why are you so gleeful? I don't get your point. Koivu has had a good month. Meanwhile, ton ami Ribeiro has recorded only 3 points thus far in March. Is that your standard of preparation for the playoffs against which to measure Koivu's?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 12:45 PM
  #17
MontrealHabitant
Registered User
 
MontrealHabitant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 500
The faster some of you will wake up and recognize that next to Kovalev, Koivu is the best skill wise, the better it will be.

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.