HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Canseco mentions A-Rod in his new book.

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2008, 03:07 PM
TomLaidlaw

vCash: 500
OT - Canseco mentions A-Rod in his new book.

Jose Canseco writes in his newest book that he introduced Alex Rodriguez "to a known supplier of steroids."

He wrote that he hates Rodriguez because he believes Rodriguez was attempting to sleep with his wife. He also wrote to Rodriguez, "So A-Rod, if you're reading this book, and if I'm not getting through to you, let's get clear on one thing: I hate your (expletive deleted) guts."

I know all the guys Canseco mentioned in his last book ended up being steroid users but this comes across like a guy who is mad that A-rod made a play for his wife and is trying to bury him. I am a Met fan and that is the vibe I get.

Old
03-25-2008, 03:09 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Jose Canseco writes in his newest book that he introduced Alex Rodriguez "to a known supplier of steroids."

He wrote that he hates Rodriguez because he believes Rodriguez was attempting to sleep with his wife. He also wrote to Rodriguez, "So A-Rod, if you're reading this book, and if I'm not getting through to you, let's get clear on one thing: I hate your (expletive deleted) guts."

I know all the guys Canseco mentioned in his last book ended up being steroid users but this comes across like a guy who is mad that A-rod made a play for his wife and is trying to bury him. I am a Met fan and that is the vibe I get.
The fact that Canseco came out incredibly accurate with his previous accusations makes me think he is probably spot on with Alex.

Old
03-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Canseco is an idiot - instead of steroids he should have went for an injection of brain cells.

Old
03-25-2008, 03:13 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
The fact that Canseco came out incredibly accurate with his previous accusations makes me think he is probably spot on with Alex.
I hear what your saying chosen, but the A-rod going after his wife thing kinda throws me off. Canseco may feel like this is his chance to get back at a-rod and what better way then ruining his reputation.

Old
03-25-2008, 03:16 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
I hear what your saying chosen, but the A-rod going after his wife thing kinda throws me off. Canseco may feel like this is his chance to get back at a-rod and what better way then ruining his reputation.
Brindamour and Lindros had the same type of thing about the wives, any flyers fans can comment please, there were rumors that Lindros went after Brindamour's wife and weeks later Brindamour was dealt for Primeau

Old
03-25-2008, 03:21 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
Brindamour and Lindros had the same type of thing about the wives, any flyers fans can comment please, there were rumors that Lindros went after Brindamour's wife and weeks later Brindamour was dealt for Primeau
I remember hearing about that. It is hard to ever really believe any of those rumors though. There was one circulating that Ted Nolan slept with Hasek's wife and that is why he was black balled from the league for so long.

Old
03-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Fletch

The fact that...

Canseco has a hard-on for Alex suggests something, but noone can say exactly what. This whole steroids issue is a bunch of BS anyways. But assuming A-Rod wasn't on steroids last season and at the age of 32 he has one of his best seasons, then I'd say there ain't much taint to his numbers.

Old
03-25-2008, 03:28 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

If Canseco hates A-Rod so much then why didnt he bury him in his first book?

Old
03-25-2008, 03:45 PM
levski87

Wow, well he sure has a motive to lie about A-rod... He was pretty credible in his first book.. but didnt he lie about clemens not being at the party?.... eh :\... A-rod doesnt use steroids... Canseco is just a retard and should stop writing books period.

Old
03-25-2008, 03:49 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Canseco is an idiot - instead of steroids he should have went for an injection of brain cells.
Canseco ain't Einstein but that doesn't change the fact that he was right about everyone he wrote about in the first book. I have far more respect for him than the phony, previous media darling, Mark McGwire.

Old
03-25-2008, 03:50 PM
levski87

He did lie about clemens though... hes just picking sides now.. its ridiciulous.. we all knew clemens used steroids..

Old
03-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Melrose_Jr.

A: too far OT at this point in the baseball and hockey seasons.

B: the thread is already drawing some questionable responses.

Closed.

Closed Thread