HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2009 Draft Talk : Live From Montreal!

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Chomsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Clutch View Post
would be awesome if they were either C and W (à la Sedin Bro's) or defensmen

and IN montreal... we have to get them...
Exactly. You're reading my mind.

Old
03-26-2008, 03:16 AM
Garl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Oh oh... brothers?
You think their parents have such poor imagination that they called both their kids Dmitry?

Old
03-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
You think their parents have such poor imagination that they called both their kids Dmitry?
I sure hope they didn't make a spelling mistake in their name.

But seriously, there's a letter after the first name.. it must stand for something...

Old
03-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
as I keep hearing it could end up the best draft of the decade.
Really? Pretty hard to beat the '03 draft.

Old
03-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Joretus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
Well it's hard to say what future will bring, but currently it seems it might be better than '03. Top-20 seems so good that allmost every1 in top-20 could be top-5 08, etc. But that's over year before draft and that's just potential, etc.

Old
03-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Roy has had an easy series against Lewiston so far but his stats are still amazing. I heard he played absolutly amazing tonight. Lewiston has the worse team but Roy is outplaying Bernier quite a bit.

Old
04-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Bouze

Beau Schmitz will be moved form USA to OHL as he just commited to the Plymouth Whalers.

...yeah, I just wanted the thread back on the first page...

Old
05-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Canuck71

Wow, it looks like a ton of effort was put into the main page. Great job Bouze

Old
06-22-2008, 10:11 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
I think it's common to have drafts get hyped up early on but then things change over time and at times doesn't end up looking as good. If you listen to Timmins, he said that he really liked this draft or that it was considered to be a very good draft year but when we got to the draft, it ended up not looking as good. Will this happen to '09? tough to say but imo the '09 draft is the most hyped draft I can recall, it looks to be a whale of a draft at this point but there's a lot of hockey still to play next season.

I just hope Gainey keeps our 1st rounder next year, even if it is 30th. Would be cool to see Gainey make a big slapsh since the draft is at le bell center.

Old
06-22-2008, 10:45 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
I think it's common to have drafts get hyped up early on but then things change over time and at times doesn't end up looking as good. If you listen to Timmins, he said that he really liked this draft or that it was considered to be a very good draft year but when we got to the draft, it ended up not looking as good. Will this happen to '09? tough to say but imo the '09 draft is the most hyped draft I can recall, it looks to be a whale of a draft at this point but there's a lot of hockey still to play next season.

I just hope Gainey keeps our 1st rounder next year, even if it is 30th. Would be cool to see Gainey make a big slapsh since the draft is at le bell center.
No splash needed since we will win the cup!

Old
06-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
I so totally agree but I just have the feeling that it will be the price to pay for Sundin. Even if it would be a 2nd, since we lost the other 2nd in the Tanguay trade, it would mean 1 1st and 1 3rd? I understand about the future is now and so on but the draft is held here and I'm pretty sure this time, there will be interesting and BPA Q guys available at our ranks. But in order to pick them, we still need our picks 'cause I don't see us giving anybody in order to gain a 1st rounder pick....we're obviously not in a selling mode....

I will scout the Q all year like I did last year and will come with occasionnal reports once in a while.

Old
06-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Ledevin

I had a huge man crush on Caron, watching the Rimouski team. He'll outscore both Cornet and Cormier and lead his team in scoring IMO. Now I'm a little surprised to see the names of Dewey and Laganière on the Sags team (on the lhjmq website). Are they gonna play there next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I will scout the Q all year like I did last year and will come with occasionnal reports once in a while.
Please do so... Your reports are quite unrivaled

Hey speaking of the Q, anybody has season tickets for the Juniors? I might go see a lot of games myself. 525 + taxes for the cheapest season tickets... The cheapest tickets are 15 bucks, not bad.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 06-22-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old
06-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledevin View Post
I had a huge man crush on Caron, watching the Rimouski team. He'll outscore both Cornet and Cormier and lead his team in scoring IMO. Now I'm a little surprised to see the names of Dewey and Laganière on the Sags team (on the lhjmq website). Are they gonna play there next year?
Caron is already on my list that I want.... But realistically, as strong as 09 is, Caron has to be top 10 next year. We never know though, lot of things could happen.

As far as Laganière, that would be a nice surprise. Just went to see the LHJMQ site and I saw his name with Rimouski. Where did you see it?

As far as Junior games, I will go there once in a while. Won't but season tickets, I live in the North Shore so it's easy but not that easy. I know I would have been if we would have picked Adam or Allen....

The other guys that I expect a lot from and are already on my wish list, besides the obvious (Tavares, Hedman...) are Kadri and Vincour. They blew me away this year....imagine next year.....

Old
06-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
Hey guys, I want to go to the draft next summer...any idea when tickets would go on sale? I realize that it is probably pretty far away from now, but why not ask anyway?

And the original poster did an amazing job with that list! Wow!

Old
06-22-2008, 03:08 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I want Toni Rajala.

That is all.

Old
06-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Who's this John Tavares kid ?

Old
06-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Templeton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Caron is already on my list that I want.... But realistically, as strong as 09 is, Caron has to be top 10 next year. We never know though, lot of things could happen.
I saw him when I was working and he is so thick ... nice to see that he takes some weight. He is one of my favourites too. I saw "les trois C" a couples of times and he was the most noticeable. What a player!

An old link

Last edited by Templeton: 06-22-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old
06-22-2008, 10:30 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I want Toni Rajala.

That is all.
I want Brayden Schenn.

In a plutonic way, of course...

Old
06-22-2008, 10:57 PM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledevin View Post
http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_fr/index...2&id_equipe=14

Laganière and Dewey are Rimouski's propriety.

Old
06-23-2008, 01:15 AM
kernkraft

I think we can say for sure that it'll be Tavares, Hedman and Cowen in the top 3. After that it's a mess IMO.

Old
06-23-2008, 09:12 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
I think we can say for sure that it'll be Tavares, Hedman and Cowen in the top 3. After that it's a mess IMO.
I don't know if I would lock in a top 3 at this point, the Finns are getting a lot of hype.

For me I'm pulling for Louis Leblanc, a Quebec player but an NCAA bound pick so Timmins will be happy and so will the local fans. Of course it will be costly to trade up to get him from 30th overall.

Although Simon Despres would round out our D prospects since we are heavy on RD's but could use another LD. I hope we get a forward but more important I just hope we have a 1st rounder come draft day.

Old
06-23-2008, 10:08 AM
GNick42

I'd be surprised if we have a first round pick next year

Old
06-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Louis Houde

Send a message via MSN to Louis Houde
I'll start Gabriel Dumont hype here!
Ultra skilled centre with outstanding playmaking abilities and he's plays a very very dirty game.

Old
06-23-2008, 12:16 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Houde View Post
I'll start Gabriel Dumont hype here!
Ultra skilled centre with outstanding playmaking abilities and he's plays a very very dirty game.

agree he's got some max talbot in him

Old
06-24-2008, 04:54 AM
Joretus

Quote:
I don't know if I would lock in a top 3 at this point, the Finns are getting a lot of hype.
Only fin being top-3 from -09 draft class would be Rajala. And for that he would need ~5cm(~2 inches) more height and ~15kg (30lbs) more muscle. Won't happen most likely. But for me he will be great 5-10 pick who has huge offensive potential. His skating mostly is like so perfect to new NHL with combined good hands and good vision as well.

Closed Thread