HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Artem Anisimov the complete package

Old
03-25-2008, 01:42 AM
The Fuhr

vCash: 500
Artem Anisimov the complete package

Anisimov is probably my favorite prospect, I think he is going to round out as one of the best two-way centers this league as seen in some time.

Right now he is 19 years old, the youngest player in the AHL and is putting up just over 0.5PPG. Pretty good for a player adapting to a whole new culture and different game from the way it is played in Russia.

He has everything you look for in a center.
Size: He is 6'3 and 190lbs, will add another 25-30lbs to his frame by the time he is NHL ready.

Skating: Has a long powerful stride, with good acceleration, an area that will only get better as he matures.

Defensive instincts: Has a sound defensive game already at 19 and as he adds size he will only get better against bigger forwards. Will one day be able to shadow some of the best centers in the NHL.

Offensive instincts: A crafty stickhandler, displays excellent vision has a good shot. He has the offensive tools to one day be a 70-80 point player

One area he needs to work on is adding a mean streak to his game. He can do that he will be a real rounded player.

Anisimov will never be a super star like Crosby, Spezza or Ovechkin is but what he should become a center that can shutdown opponents best centers every game at the same time providing a nice chunk of offense.

I think he is going to develop into a very complete player.

The Fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 01:48 AM
hlundqvist30*

I seriously hope you're right. I as a Ranger fan know better than to just assume the best.

Gomez
Drury
Dubinsky
Betts
Anisimov

Talk about surplus

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 01:49 AM
FLYLine24*

Wow...sounds great to read such great praise about one of our prospects from an opposing fan. Hes a top prospect among us Ranger fans..but to see other fans realize it as well is an extra feather in his hat

Most us of agree with you and hope he does turn out like that.......can't wait to see how well he preforms his next full seaosn in NA at only 20 years old.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 01:56 AM
The Fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
can't wait to see how well he preforms his next full seaosn in NA at only 20 years old.
I look forward to seeing how he preforms in the AHL playoffs this year. Last season stepped up in the RSL playoffs as an 18 year old with five points in seven games.

I am expecting to see a similar performance in stepping up his game over on this side of the pond.

The Fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 02:02 AM
Metallian*

So he would be the equivalent to a Mischa Pecov?

Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 02:13 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Sounds like the next Vladimir Vorobiev.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=22834

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 04:40 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Sounds like the next Vladimir Vorobiev.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=22834
Sneaky with that Vorobiev comparison but Anisimov should be much better than that. Vorobiev didn't start playing in North America until he was nearly 24. Anisimov is 19 and could be eligible for the OHL--so putting up a point in every other game is not bad. He has a great skating stride and covers a lot of ice. I believe I saw him twice in pre-season games and was very impressed. Skating is not going to be a problem. The Rangers gave him a long look before deciding on Dubinsky and dispatching him to Hartford. He has an outside chance of making the Rangers out of training camp next season--even if he doesn't--he's very likely to get some NHL games before the end of 08-09--that is barring a major injury.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 01:07 PM
kblanch1

I will also add...he's a VERY nice kid. He's learning the language slowly...but doesn't shy away from conversation. I've talked with him at a couple of events, and he has done very well this year both on the ice and adapting to a new language/culture.
His father has been around a lot, lately...so I'm sure that has made him feel more comfortable, as well.

Very good player...and still VERY young. I can't wait to see him play when his frame fills out completely. He is already starting to use his body to shield the puck better than he did at the beginning of the season. If he can develop a bit of a nasty side, he can be a VERY nice player in the NHL.

kblanch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Qubax

Sounds like that Smirnov guy from Anaheim a few years ago....it was all about Smirnov and Chistov...sadly neither really did much...

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
nvmd

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 04:15 PM
cassius

I picked him up in NHL 08 and he's awesome.

Great 3rd line center :p

But in all seriousness, I expect this kid to be pretty decent in the NHL. I think he compared pretty favorably to Martin Hanzel with a little less scoring touch.

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Piokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post

But in all seriousness, I expect this kid to be pretty decent in the NHL. I think he compared pretty favorably to Martin Hanzel with a little less scoring touch.
i think that might be a good comparison to that guy

Piokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2008, 08:23 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:

As a Ranger fan, I'd be THRILLED with a center comparable to Martin Hanzal, based on what I believe Hanzal is capable of.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2008, 05:56 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez to Jagr View Post
As a Ranger fan, I'd be THRILLED with a center comparable to Martin Hanzal, based on what I believe Hanzal is capable of.
+1

Hanzal has some pretty sick hands... Could a good comparison be.... Bobby Holik (the '96 version)?

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 05:23 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
+1

Hanzal has some pretty sick hands... Could a good comparison be.... Bobby Holik (the '96 version)?
I think Anisimov is more skilled (though skill doesn't always translate into points) and much, much less gritty and abrasive than Holik.

I doubt he becomes much like Holik

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 06:18 AM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I think Anisimov is more skilled (though skill doesn't always translate into points) and much, much less gritty and abrasive than Holik.

I doubt he becomes much like Holik
Yea the Holik comparison probably doesn't work. The Hanzal one is an almost perfect comparison.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Wow...sounds great to read such great praise about one of our prospects from an opposing fan. Hes a top prospect among us Ranger fans..but to see other fans realize it as well is an extra feather in his hat

Most us of agree with you and hope he does turn out like that.......can't wait to see how well he preforms his next full seaosn in NA at only 20 years old.
What you need to know is that Fuhr has Anisimov in a sim league and is a complete homer about his players.

So take this with a grain of salt.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:21 AM
FTowwn

Quote:

whaaaa how did you get him in NHL 08?

FTowwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Cherepanov 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTowwn View Post
whaaaa how did you get him in NHL 08?
Hes on the Wolfpack after the roster update

Cherepanov 71 is offline   Reply With Quote