HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Joe Pavelski

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2008, 11:47 PM
DManPreds11

vCash: 500
Joe Pavelski

Still pissed about the Sharks loss, I was asked the following day after the loss from a new hockey fan, "Does the Sharks get the same calls against other teams in the NHL"? So I told them that I really didn't know because I really haven't watched any of their games on Center Ice. Since our loss March 11 I've watch 3 Sharks games (the 3rd being the game that is on now against the Ducks). They indeed get the same favorable calls against other teams even the Stanley Cup Champs. The reason I titled this Joe Pavelski is because he is the best act in the NHL. I've watched him in these last few games draw more B.S. pentalies than Kelsey Grammer has emmys. He just dove twice and gave his team a full 2-man advantage against the Ducks. Then about 15 seconds into that PP, Duck forward grazed his shoulder with his stick and after a full stride pulls his head back like he's just been shot(no call, shocked). I'm curious if the NHL refs ever get tired of the Sharks making them look like fools? The bad thing is that Pavelski isn't the only forward that dives, the only 2 players I've seen play straight up is Marleau and Michalek. It must be and Wilson tactic. I've come to the conclusion that the reason the Sharks haven't made it through the playoffs with their acting is because they have to go through teams that don't touch them with their sticks or have a great PK.

Old
03-22-2008, 01:35 AM
d3funct

Send a message via AIM to d3funct
Quote:
Originally Posted by DManPreds11 View Post
Still pissed about the Sharks loss, I was asked the following day after the loss from a new hockey fan, "Does the Sharks get the same calls against other teams in the NHL"? So I told them that I really didn't know because I really haven't watched any of their games on Center Ice. Since our loss March 11 I've watch 3 Sharks games (the 3rd being the game that is on now against the Ducks). They indeed get the same favorable calls against other teams even the Stanley Cup Champs. The reason I titled this Joe Pavelski is because he is the best act in the NHL. I've watched him in these last few games draw more B.S. pentalies than Kelsey Grammer has emmys. He just dove twice and gave his team a full 2-man advantage against the Ducks. Then about 15 seconds into that PP, Duck forward grazed his shoulder with his stick and after a full stride pulls his head back like he's just been shot(no call, shocked). I'm curious if the NHL refs ever get tired of the Sharks making them look like fools? The bad thing is that Pavelski isn't the only forward that dives, the only 2 players I've seen play straight up is Marleau and Michalek. It must be and Wilson tactic. I've come to the conclusion that the reason the Sharks haven't made it through the playoffs with their acting is because they have to go through teams that don't touch them with their sticks or have a great PK.

he does a good job at diving when he has a stick in his back

Old
03-22-2008, 02:38 AM
Owen
Roster Guru

Send a message via ICQ to Owen
Don't forget when Anaheim's defensemen come in and slew-foot everyone in the league...

Old
03-22-2008, 03:10 AM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Rather pointless to throw stones when you live in Jordin Tootoo's glass house.

As for tonight, you are just wrong. The Bertuzzi call was questionable, but Schneider cross-checked him in the lower back as he was bending over. Rather hard to stay upright when that happens.

Old
03-22-2008, 06:17 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

It's funny one of the biggest teams in the nhl, and you barely touch them and they go flying.

Old
03-22-2008, 09:05 AM
tulsytrid1

When you look at total amount of power plays, the Sharks are third in the league in drawing them (we are tenth by the way). There isn't a huge gap between 1st and 30th in the league. Well I guess 100 over a hundred chances is pretty big, but most of the league is around the 300-330 range. I think what the OP is most upset with is the timing of the PP's. It may just be against us, but it seems that the Sharks seem to always get a 5-3 opportunity against us, or the ref will call a pentalty when there has been a shift of mo. I can't say much about other teams because sadly, I don't have center ice and can't watch a lot of games (DAMN ESPN).

Old
03-22-2008, 12:11 PM
DManPreds11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
Rather pointless to throw stones when you live in Jordin Tootoo's glass house.

As for tonight, you are just wrong. The Bertuzzi call was questionable, but Schneider cross-checked him in the lower back as he was bending over. Rather hard to stay upright when that happens.

You say that I'm "just wrong" then you go on and say that the Bertuzzi call was questionable(that don't make sense). Though I applaud you as a Sharks fan to admit that "one" was questionable. The cross check was a bump from behind while Pavelski was leaning forward, that shouldn't put any team on a 2 man advantage for a full 2 minutes. As far as Tootoo I won't be like a Sharks fan and say that he doesn't over react to some fouls but I will tell you this, only a quarter of them are called. I can assure that Tootoo couldn't draw a 2 man advantage for a full 2 minutes before they'd called him for a dive on the third attempt 20 seconds after the refs just award you a 2-man advantage. Like the earlier post said you hear the media talk about the "Sharks forwards how big and strong", "hard to knock off the puck" then they go down so easy it's pathetic to watch. Don't take it personal dude, if the refs are going to let them get away with it then they should continue to fall, dive, act like they've been shot. It's the only way they continue to win.

Last edited by DManPreds11: 03-22-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old
03-22-2008, 01:06 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
It's funny one of the biggest teams in the nhl, and you barely touch them and they go flying.
big bodies, world class skaters, interesting isnt it?!

Old
03-22-2008, 01:08 PM
jstreet

Quote:
It's the only way they continue to win.[/B][/FONT]
I wouldnt go so far as to say it is the only way they continue to win, but you have to wonder how they would stack up against other teams that get the calls, especially all the 5 on 3 treatment we've personaly seen. We would definetly have to rewrite the story.

Old
03-28-2008, 08:00 AM
RollingPredFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
I wouldnt go so far as to say it is the only way they continue to win, but you have to wonder how they would stack up against other teams that get the calls, especially all the 5 on 3 treatment we've personaly seen. We would definetly have to rewrite the story.

LOL and they get another 5 on 3 to win the game last night.

I love how they are indignant on the main board about Turco when Nabakov did practically the same thing to Tootoo.

Old
03-28-2008, 08:29 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Nabakov didn't touch Tootoo. Tootoo dove, even Crisp said, "That almost hit him".

Turco's high stick drew blood.

Yea, practically the same thing. heh.

03-28-2008, 08:33 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
LOL and they get another 5 on 3 to win the game last night..
“The rule changed three years ago. How we can keep sticking our sticks in a guy’s stomachs just baffles me,” coach Dave Tippett said.

Seems like you are the only one complaining about it, even Dallas' coach agreed.

Old
03-28-2008, 10:18 AM
DManPreds11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
“The rule changed three years ago. How we can keep sticking our sticks in a guy’s stomachs just baffles me,” coach Dave Tippett said.

Seems like you are the only one complaining about it, even Dallas' coach agreed.

The month of March alone San Jose has had twelve 2 man advantages out of 13 games played. Four of the 13 games the Sharks didn't get that advantage, I believe they had 2 opportunites in one game against Montreal and Edmonton. Just about all of the Sharks wins this month have been by only one goal. I think Tippett was just trying to keep some of his money in his pocket. I can tell you this, here in Nashville we haven't seen 12-2man advantages in the last 2 or 3 years, so try to understand our frustration when it comes to the 2 man advantage it's put us out of the playoffs that last 2 seasons. Oh and I think every "fan" in the league complains about the Sharks(diving/penalties), you probably don't get out of San Jose area much do ya?

Old
03-28-2008, 10:54 AM
jstreet

Quote:
Nabakov didn't touch Tootoo. Tootoo dove, .
wow.

now back to your regularly scheduled reality.

Old
03-28-2008, 12:00 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
Oh and I think every "fan" in the league complains about the Sharks(diving/penalties), you probably don't get out of San Jose area much do ya?[/B][/FONT]
As the thread you started that failed up on main board shows, no, every fan doesn't complain.

And I don't even live in California, so much for that.

Old
03-28-2008, 12:25 PM
IamJebus

Send a message via AIM to IamJebus Send a message via Yahoo to IamJebus
Quote:
As the thread you started that failed up on main board shows, no, every fan doesn't complain.

And I don't even live in California, so much for that.
Haha

Really there is a lot of crying about Joe Pavelski, but wait it only seems to be coming from Nashville fans.

They aren't even going to make the playoffs this year?

Also, if you haven't noticed the Sharks PP is awful this year so it's not like all those PPs that they have really help them.

Old
03-28-2008, 12:52 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Bickering = annoying.

Closed Thread