HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Joe Pavelski

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2008, 11:47 PM
  #1
DManPreds11
Registered User
 
DManPreds11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Joe Pavelski

Still pissed about the Sharks loss, I was asked the following day after the loss from a new hockey fan, "Does the Sharks get the same calls against other teams in the NHL"? So I told them that I really didn't know because I really haven't watched any of their games on Center Ice. Since our loss March 11 I've watch 3 Sharks games (the 3rd being the game that is on now against the Ducks). They indeed get the same favorable calls against other teams even the Stanley Cup Champs. The reason I titled this Joe Pavelski is because he is the best act in the NHL. I've watched him in these last few games draw more B.S. pentalies than Kelsey Grammer has emmys. He just dove twice and gave his team a full 2-man advantage against the Ducks. Then about 15 seconds into that PP, Duck forward grazed his shoulder with his stick and after a full stride pulls his head back like he's just been shot(no call, shocked). I'm curious if the NHL refs ever get tired of the Sharks making them look like fools? The bad thing is that Pavelski isn't the only forward that dives, the only 2 players I've seen play straight up is Marleau and Michalek. It must be and Wilson tactic. I've come to the conclusion that the reason the Sharks haven't made it through the playoffs with their acting is because they have to go through teams that don't touch them with their sticks or have a great PK.

DManPreds11 is offline  
Old
03-22-2008, 01:35 AM
  #2
d3funct
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to d3funct
Quote:
Originally Posted by DManPreds11 View Post
Still pissed about the Sharks loss, I was asked the following day after the loss from a new hockey fan, "Does the Sharks get the same calls against other teams in the NHL"? So I told them that I really didn't know because I really haven't watched any of their games on Center Ice. Since our loss March 11 I've watch 3 Sharks games (the 3rd being the game that is on now against the Ducks). They indeed get the same favorable calls against other teams even the Stanley Cup Champs. The reason I titled this Joe Pavelski is because he is the best act in the NHL. I've watched him in these last few games draw more B.S. pentalies than Kelsey Grammer has emmys. He just dove twice and gave his team a full 2-man advantage against the Ducks. Then about 15 seconds into that PP, Duck forward grazed his shoulder with his stick and after a full stride pulls his head back like he's just been shot(no call, shocked). I'm curious if the NHL refs ever get tired of the Sharks making them look like fools? The bad thing is that Pavelski isn't the only forward that dives, the only 2 players I've seen play straight up is Marleau and Michalek. It must be and Wilson tactic. I've come to the conclusion that the reason the Sharks haven't made it through the playoffs with their acting is because they have to go through teams that don't touch them with their sticks or have a great PK.

he does a good job at diving when he has a stick in his back

d3funct is offline  
Old
03-22-2008, 02:38 AM
  #3
Owen
Roster Guru
 
Owen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Teal Town, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 531
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Owen
Don't forget when Anaheim's defensemen come in and slew-foot everyone in the league...

Owen is offline  
Old
03-22-2008, 03:10 AM
  #4
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain
 
Blades of Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 18,335
vCash: 500
Rather pointless to throw stones when you live in Jordin Tootoo's glass house.

As for tonight, you are just wrong. The Bertuzzi call was questionable, but Schneider cross-checked him in the lower back as he was bending over. Rather hard to stay upright when that happens.

Blades of Glory is offline  
Old
03-22-2008, 06:17 AM
  #5
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,162
vCash: 500
It's funny one of the biggest teams in the nhl, and you barely touch them and they go flying.

triggrman is online now  
Old
03-22-2008, 09:05 AM
  #6
tulsytrid1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Murfreesbo Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 1,487
vCash: 500
When you look at total amount of power plays, the Sharks are third in the league in drawing them (we are tenth by the way). There isn't a huge gap between 1st and 30th in the league. Well I guess 100 over a hundred chances is pretty big, but most of the league is around the 300-330 range. I think what the OP is most upset with is the timing of the PP's. It may just be against us, but it seems that the Sharks seem to always get a 5-3 opportunity against us, or the ref will call a pentalty when there has been a shift of mo. I can't say much about other teams because sadly, I don't have center ice and can't watch a lot of games (DAMN ESPN).

tulsytrid1 is offline  
Old
03-22-2008, 12:11 PM
  #7
DManPreds11
Registered User
 
DManPreds11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
Rather pointless to throw stones when you live in Jordin Tootoo's glass house.

As for tonight, you are just wrong. The Bertuzzi call was questionable, but Schneider cross-checked him in the lower back as he was bending over. Rather hard to stay upright when that happens.


You say that I'm "just wrong" then you go on and say that the Bertuzzi call was questionable(that don't make sense). Though I applaud you as a Sharks fan to admit that "one" was questionable. The cross check was a bump from behind while Pavelski was leaning forward, that shouldn't put any team on a 2 man advantage for a full 2 minutes. As far as Tootoo I won't be like a Sharks fan and say that he doesn't over react to some fouls but I will tell you this, only a quarter of them are called. I can assure that Tootoo couldn't draw a 2 man advantage for a full 2 minutes before they'd called him for a dive on the third attempt 20 seconds after the refs just award you a 2-man advantage. Like the earlier post said you hear the media talk about the "Sharks forwards how big and strong", "hard to knock off the puck" then they go down so easy it's pathetic to watch. Don't take it personal dude, if the refs are going to let them get away with it then they should continue to fall, dive, act like they've been shot. It's the only way they continue to win.


Last edited by DManPreds11: 03-22-2008 at 12:17 PM.
DManPreds11 is offline  
Old
03-22-2008, 01:06 PM
  #8
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,660
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
It's funny one of the biggest teams in the nhl, and you barely touch them and they go flying.
big bodies, world class skaters, interesting isnt it?!

jstreet is offline  
Old
03-22-2008, 01:08 PM
  #9
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,660
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DManPreds11 View Post
It's the only way they continue to win.[/B][/FONT]
I wouldnt go so far as to say it is the only way they continue to win, but you have to wonder how they would stack up against other teams that get the calls, especially all the 5 on 3 treatment we've personaly seen. We would definetly have to rewrite the story.

jstreet is offline  
Old
03-28-2008, 08:00 AM
  #10
RollingPredFan
Registered User
 
RollingPredFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
I wouldnt go so far as to say it is the only way they continue to win, but you have to wonder how they would stack up against other teams that get the calls, especially all the 5 on 3 treatment we've personaly seen. We would definetly have to rewrite the story.

LOL and they get another 5 on 3 to win the game last night.

I love how they are indignant on the main board about Turco when Nabakov did practically the same thing to Tootoo.

RollingPredFan is offline  
Old
03-28-2008, 08:29 AM
  #11
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants
 
SpinTheBlackCircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 33,114
vCash: 500
Nabakov didn't touch Tootoo. Tootoo dove, even Crisp said, "That almost hit him".

Turco's high stick drew blood.

Yea, practically the same thing. heh.

__________________
Gots all my pertinence on it and such
SpinTheBlackCircle is online now  
Old
03-28-2008, 08:33 AM
  #12
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants
 
SpinTheBlackCircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 33,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
LOL and they get another 5 on 3 to win the game last night..
“The rule changed three years ago. How we can keep sticking our sticks in a guy’s stomachs just baffles me,” coach Dave Tippett said.

Seems like you are the only one complaining about it, even Dallas' coach agreed.

SpinTheBlackCircle is online now  
Old
03-28-2008, 10:18 AM
  #13
DManPreds11
Registered User
 
DManPreds11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
“The rule changed three years ago. How we can keep sticking our sticks in a guy’s stomachs just baffles me,” coach Dave Tippett said.

Seems like you are the only one complaining about it, even Dallas' coach agreed.

The month of March alone San Jose has had twelve 2 man advantages out of 13 games played. Four of the 13 games the Sharks didn't get that advantage, I believe they had 2 opportunites in one game against Montreal and Edmonton. Just about all of the Sharks wins this month have been by only one goal. I think Tippett was just trying to keep some of his money in his pocket. I can tell you this, here in Nashville we haven't seen 12-2man advantages in the last 2 or 3 years, so try to understand our frustration when it comes to the 2 man advantage it's put us out of the playoffs that last 2 seasons. Oh and I think every "fan" in the league complains about the Sharks(diving/penalties), you probably don't get out of San Jose area much do ya?

DManPreds11 is offline  
Old
03-28-2008, 10:54 AM
  #14
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,660
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
Nabakov didn't touch Tootoo. Tootoo dove, .
wow.


now back to your regularly scheduled reality.

jstreet is offline  
Old
03-28-2008, 12:00 PM
  #15
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants
 
SpinTheBlackCircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 33,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DManPreds11 View Post
Oh and I think every "fan" in the league complains about the Sharks(diving/penalties), you probably don't get out of San Jose area much do ya?[/B][/FONT]
As the thread you started that failed up on main board shows, no, every fan doesn't complain.

And I don't even live in California, so much for that.

SpinTheBlackCircle is online now  
Old
03-28-2008, 12:25 PM
  #16
IamJebus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 5 Min from the Tank!
Country: United States
Posts: 781
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IamJebus Send a message via Yahoo to IamJebus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
As the thread you started that failed up on main board shows, no, every fan doesn't complain.

And I don't even live in California, so much for that.
Haha

Really there is a lot of crying about Joe Pavelski, but wait it only seems to be coming from Nashville fans.

They aren't even going to make the playoffs this year?

Also, if you haven't noticed the Sharks PP is awful this year so it's not like all those PPs that they have really help them.

IamJebus is offline  
Old
03-28-2008, 12:52 PM
  #17
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,119
vCash: 500
Bickering = annoying.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.