HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Hats off to Cujo

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2004, 03:58 AM
Damien

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Damien
Hats off to Cujo

Tonight, he was flat out amazing, ****ing brilliant game from Cujo tonight, there should be no doubts about this mans ability to play in the playoffs at all because he was great for the Wings both in this series and the Nashville series, he really deserved better. Proud to call him a ex-Flame! (albeit for 30 mins... only undefeated goalie in Flames history!)

Old
05-04-2004, 04:13 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

he played very well tonight...wish hatcher could have.

Old
05-04-2004, 04:18 AM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
he played very well tonight...wish hatcher could have.
What the hell was up with Hatcher?

There were a few sequence, I swear, Stephane Quintal or Marc Bergevin would have looked like Norris contenders compared to that. He was horrible.

And so was Lewis for not seeing it sooner. This guy is a goof and absolutely not fit to coach a team that has high aspirations.

Old
05-04-2004, 04:41 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
What the hell was up with Hatcher?

There were a few sequence, I swear, Stephane Quintal or Marc Bergevin would have looked like Norris contenders compared to that. He was horrible.

And so was Lewis for not seeing it sooner. This guy is a goof and absolutely not fit to coach a team that has high aspirations.
lewis is a moron.

EVEN i know not to send Hatcher out on the ice for a 4 on 4 situation. The guy can't skate!!!

Old
05-04-2004, 10:04 AM
AGraveOne

Send a message via Yahoo to AGraveOne
Cujo's play was awesome...he actually looked like Cujo of old. I was pulling for him and at least that last goal was not his fault.

Old
05-04-2004, 10:31 AM
Hellsempire

Cujo was simply amazing! Some of those saves were incredible. Do not know if he will be back for Detroit next season even if he does have 1 year left on his contract. He played well and played well during the season considering all the BS he had to go thru in Detroit.

Old
05-04-2004, 10:41 AM
MatsSundin13

Send a message via MSN to MatsSundin13 Send a message via Yahoo to MatsSundin13
Im a toronto fan but i do not hate this guy....He has TREMENDOUS skill...He showed last night he is no doubt top 3-5 goaltenders in the NHL...Last nights game coulda went either way...but CUJO clearly showed...hes a playoff goalie

Old
05-04-2004, 11:04 AM
guinness
those were the days

Cujo played well too, because he faced a lot of shots, since Detroit defense was as porous as the Leafs team he was on, but at least the Leafs could score.

Hatcher is just a poor fit in the Wings current system, it just exposes all his skating flaws, makes you wonder what Lewis and Holland were thinking on that one. Only way Hatcher really improves is if Detroit gets a coach that shifts the team to a defensive system rather than puck possession. Getting the defense going in the offensive rush all the time, just shows that Hatcher is too slow and gives up too many odd man breaks.

Old
05-04-2004, 12:34 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsempire
Cujo was simply amazing! Some of those saves were incredible. Do not know if he will be back for Detroit next season even if he does have 1 year left on his contract. He played well and played well during the season considering all the BS he had to go thru in Detroit.

Like I said in another thread. I dont really see a scenario where Cujo wont be back for another year. No team will take on his contract in a trade...and he cant just leave. Unless he accepts a very small buyout.

Who knows?

Old
05-04-2004, 03:24 PM
Hellsempire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4
Like I said in another thread. I dont really see a scenario where Cujo wont be back for another year. No team will take on his contract in a trade...and he cant just leave. Unless he accepts a very small buyout.

Who knows?

That could be possible and why would Cujo want to comeback after he was disrespected by the organization? He bit his lip this season and played his heart out and I do not see him playing next season for Detroit...

Old
05-04-2004, 03:31 PM
OMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness
Hatcher is just a poor fit in the Wings current system, it just exposes all his skating flaws, makes you wonder what Lewis and Holland were thinking on that one. Only way Hatcher really improves is if Detroit gets a coach that shifts the team to a defensive system rather than puck possession. Getting the defense going in the offensive rush all the time, just shows that Hatcher is too slow and gives up too many odd man breaks.
He was brutal last night. Just terrible.

Cujo was awesome last night. Actually, he played great throughout the series. His team let him down.

Old
05-04-2004, 07:01 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMA
He was brutal last night. Just terrible.

Cujo was awesome last night. Actually, he played great throughout the series. His team let him down.
Hatcher DID miss most of the season. It's hard enough to get back your game after missing that many games in the regular season, let alone the playoffs. Who knows, maybe he even came back too early since the playoffs were starting. However, if you want to burn any of the Wings, what the hell happened to Shanahan?

I hope Joseph doesn't take the fall for this. Practically the same situation last year: his team just couldn't score. 6 goals in 4 games versus the Ducks and no goals in the last two games this year versus the Flames. Goaltender can't score goals for you.

Old
05-04-2004, 07:08 PM
guinness
those were the days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehc73

I hope Joseph doesn't take the fall for this. Practically the same situation last year: his team just couldn't score. 6 goals in 4 games versus the Ducks and no goals in the last two games this year versus the Flames. Goaltender can't score goals for you.
That requires logic and an understanding of the game, my dad was listening to WDFN (the local Detroit sports station) today and he said that the radio call-in shows still got people calling in, blaming Cujo. It seems like a lot of 'fans' around here are sheep, they don't know anything because they didn't watch the game or only go by what they read in the paper/box scores. Cujo played as well as he could, even if he pitched a shutout in the last 2 games it wouldn't matter beacuse the team didn't score.

Although, Cujo hasn't been the only goalie that's happened to, Chevy, Vernon, Ozzie, Ranford, Essensa, basically everyone besides Hasek or Manny. It's a tough town to a goalie (or Lions QB) in.

Old
05-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Boomhower

Hopefully he played well enough to earn himself a trade... I'm sure he doesn't want to be in Detroit anymore.

Old
05-04-2004, 08:10 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsSundin13
He showed last night he is no doubt top 3-5 goaltenders in the NHL...

Old
05-04-2004, 08:12 PM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

Every game CuJo gained more, and more confidence and was beginning to look like the gamestealing, save machine, Curtis Joseph of old. Its to bad that it had to end like this. Great work Calgary!

Old
05-05-2004, 10:54 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsempire
That could be possible and why would Cujo want to comeback after he was disrespected by the organization? He bit his lip this season and played his heart out and I do not see him playing next season for Detroit...
I think you are blowing it out of proportion just a bit. Cujo handled himself very professionally all year long. Chances are good that Dave Lewis wont be back, so there goes 1 guy that Cujo didnt get along with. All along, Cujo said he plays for himself and his teamates, and doesnt really care what goes on above him.

The Wings made a mistake, and outwardly admit that they did. I am sure sometime behind the scenes he was issued an apology (we can only speculate on that, however).

So the "Cujo is pissed" scenario is merely speculation also.

I think if alot of the older guys go (Shanny, Hull, Chelios, Thomas, Yzerman), then you may see Cujo ask for a buyout.

But otherwise, I think he has gotten over the whole Hasek fiasco. When all was said and done, Cujo made the Wings look bad, and that may be all the revenge that he needed to make himself feel better about the season.

I think he'll be back, personally. But I dont know for sure. I dont think anybody does...even Cujo himself.

Closed Thread