HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

DToews vs Dalpe vs Trivino

Old
03-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
DToews vs Dalpe vs Trivino

Any opinions on these college bound forwards/1st round candidates? How would y'all rank them?

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 02:37 PM
CertifiedPublicGuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Any opinions on these college bound forwards/1st round candidates? How would y'all rank them?
I like all three of these kids, but I'm beginning to like the Dalpe kid more and more... I wish my Pens had a pick somewhere in the top 2 rounds, but I guess Hossa, Dupuis, and Gill have provided the immediate help we needed, which was more than worth the few picks.

I'd probably Rank them:
Toews
Dalpe
Trivino

Toews seems like he's a like em/hate em type... some people think his success is too indicative of the competition, but I personally think he's definitely gonna be a player that is much like his brother, but to a lesser extent... which is nothing to cackle about.

CertifiedPublicGuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Canuck71

I love the way David Toews plays and hes one of the hardest working players in the draft. He doesnt have the skill of his brother but he really gives his best effort every shift and bring speed and intensity to the game. I really think he will go first round and dont think it should be that suprising. I remember seeing him play at the Canada Winter Games final when his Team Manitoba played Ontario which was full of stars (Stamkos, Pietrangelo, Hodgson, Cuma, Del Zotto etc..) and they literally would not take Toews off because he was the only person keeping his team in the game. He would be on there for 2-3 minutes then they would give him a quick 30 second break and send him right back out. I like the way this kid plays, he should turn out to be a good one.

Id rank them as follows:

1. Toews
2. Dalpe
3. Trivino

Canuck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2008, 10:36 AM
miltty

Canuck 71 talks about David Toews carrying team Manitoba at the CWG??? He had a good tourney but lets not get carried away. Tyler Schmidt was simply outstanding in this Tourney as well. He lead the team in scoring, PIM's, and plus-minus. Robak and Stone were also v-good in this tourny as well. Allot of scouts said Manitoba had the best "team" defence in the CWG lead by Schmidt, Robak,Stone, Bobbee, Mestery. Robak will be a first rounder this year, Stone likely 2nd rounder, Mestery 3rd-4th, Schmidt 5-6 rounder in the 08 draft.

miltty is offline   Reply With Quote