Bruins Hire Kevin Dean as Assistant Coach

Old
06-15-2017, 08:12 AM
Dr Hook

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dr Hook
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
likely 6 decades ago,or it's never happened or it's been prohibited with a tweak of the bylaws as the years progressed.....

it's not like the ECHL has 1 employee doing two roles, as many of them do today, (you have to remember the E, IS 5 DECADES behind the 2 leagues they feed into.....

I barely recall the era where you can add players in season from Europe, and poof... there went that agreement out the window.
It's not being backwards so much as a financial reality at that level- two for the price of one matters to teams that are barely scraping by at times. In older days it also meant you could sign a good player at above the salary cap with the coach allowance tacked on.

Dr Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 08:01 AM
ODAAT

I`m not very familiar with Dean, can some here fill me in on his strengths please and thanks? I know he`ll be asked to do a few things differently as an Assistant here rather than being the Head coach in Providence but what kind of system did he and Cassidy work together to get the boys to play in Providence?

Thx

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 07:27 PM
Strafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I`m not very familiar with Dean, can some here fill me in on his strengths please and thanks? I know he`ll be asked to do a few things differently as an Assistant here rather than being the Head coach in Providence but what kind of system did he and Cassidy work together to get the boys to play in Providence?

Thx
AAaaaaaaand crickets...

Strafer is offline   Reply With Quote