HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Random Trade Proposals

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2004, 06:51 PM
  #1
Jamie
Registered User
 
Jamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,547
vCash: 500
Random Trade Proposals

Well, I've done this a couple times before, and have got some very interesting conversation from them, so I figured I'd start another one with the offseason now coming up soon. Somebody else suggested this first one on the Rita/Mapletoft thread, so I altered slightly and thought I'd start things off with it:

To Edmonton: Oleg Kvasha
To NYI: Jani Rita, 2004 PHI 1st
The deal gives us a big center for now, as well as the future. He hit 50 points last year, and I see even more from him the following seasons. NYI on the other hand get's two valuable rebuilding blocks to work with. Rita would be able to step right into their lineup I'd presume as well. Kvasha has been labaled soft in NY, but I disagree with that. He may not use his size as much as he could, but he does throw his weight around when nessasary.

This next one is just attempt to get my favourite young goalie over here. The guy I think will break out and be a big time goalie.

To Edmonton: Mika Noronen
To Buffalo: Jason Smith
Value wise it's pretty fair. Goalies don't have the same value as they once did, especially thus far unproven ones. Buffalo needs a tough defensive dman, Oilers get their starting goalie for while they wait and see how JDD progresses. Might be to much salary for Buffalo to take on, but I still think they'd think it over pretty hard.

With the loss of a defensman, here's how I propose to get another, somwhat similar one.

To Edmonton: Jiri Fischer
To Detroit: Matt Green, 2nd

Fischer has clearly lost favour in Detroit, and definetly looks to be on his way out. With his value at an all time low, Detroit won't be able to find any star older Dmen to replace his spot with, and with a pretty good bunch allready, wouldn't need a mid range guy back as they have depth to cover that area. So being able to get essentially 2 2nds, one with good devolpent time, would be something Detroit would galdly take. Oilers get a guy, that at least can step into the lineup right away, and hopefully can have rebound season and play top 4 minutes.

Now, just to trade a guy I don't like much, and don't see a spot for. Having lost a depth dman, they need to get one back. So I thought I'd tread into dangerous territory and suggest a trade with the Flames.

To Edmonton: Tim Ramholt
To Calgary: Jason Chimera
Calgary gets a guy that can step right into their lineup, and would probably be used as 3rd/4th line center, rather than PB LW. It would be a good chance for Chimera to bring back a solid career. Ramholt, like all 2nd rounders, is a gamble. He could be a pretty good dman in the future though.

For kicks:

To Edmonton: Scott Hartnell, Simon Gamache
To Nashville: Ales Hemsky, Brad Isbister
Well, I think Harntell would fit in better in Edmonton than Ales. Isbister's value is pretty darn low, as is Gamache's, but at the least Nashville know's they get a guy with size that at the worst will play on their 3rd line.

And one final one to fill the hole on RW, again with the Islanders:

To Edmonton: Mark Parrish
To NYI: Marty Reasoner
Hate to see Marty goes, and this one only happens if Neded does resign, but Parrish gives us a guy who can score goals to play in our top 6. Parrish, like Fischer in Detroit, isn't in his team's good books. The Islanders have quite a few good RW's, and with Hunter's great rookie season, Parrish is very expendable.

Oops, and one more since we pretty much have to trade a goalie as I'm sure someone would take Conklin if he went on waivers:

To Edmonton: Van 2004 2nd
To Vancouver: Shawn Horcoff, Ty Conklin
To mediocore pieces to help Vancouver out. Conks would be their backup with Hedberg leaving, and Horcoff would play 4th line duties, and even the odd time up on higher lines.

Allright, with my offseason trades, and to assume that Nedved did resign. Here are what my new Oilers would look like:

LW - Center - RW
Smyth-Kvasha-Parrish
Hartnell-Nedved-Dvorak
Moreau-York-Pisani
Torres-Stoll-Laraque

Defense
Brewer-Semenov
Staios-Fischer
Bergeron-Ulanov

Goal
Noronen
Markannen

PB - Salmalainen, Cross

Now I know the Oilers would never make that many trades in the year, let alone just the offseason. But let's hear it, what do you like? What don't you like? What do you like, but has zero chance of happening? Come on, lets hear it all baby.

Jamie is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 07:03 PM
  #2
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,385
vCash: 500
My personal opinions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
To Edmonton: Oleg Kvasha
To NYI: Jani Rita, 2004 PHI 1st
Hmm... I don't know. Kvasha's had one good season. Seems like a lot for EDM for give up, but at the same time, would the Islanders even consider it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
To Edmonton: Mika Noronen
To Buffalo: Jason Smith
Fair, I guess. But it might be quite a bit for someone who could easily be the backup when he gets here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
To Edmonton: Jiri Fischer
To Detroit: Matt Greene, 2nd
There might have been a time I'd do this. But not anymore, I don't think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
To Edmonton: Tim Ramholt
To Calgary: Jason Chimera
I'd do it. But I don't think there's any way the Flames would even consider this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
To Edmonton: Scott Hartnell, Simon Gamache
To Nashville: Ales Hemsky, Brad Isbister
I like Hartnell, but that's too much to give up for him (you might as well leave Gamache out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
To Edmonton: Van 2004 2nd
To Vancouver: Shawn Horcoff, Ty Conklin
Horcoff should be worth a higher 2nd by himself.

Seachd is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 07:11 PM
  #3
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
I think the problem is that the Oilers can't constantly be making trades every season. Fans want consistency but yet they constantly want players traded. How is the team supposed to be successful if players are constantly traded. The team needs to stay together if they are to have any success.

__________________
"He just ate up Robyn Regehr for dinner, a spectacular play by Hemsky, and Robyn Regehr has got doo doo all over his face" - Rod Phillips call on Hemsky's goal vs the Flames
Narnia is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 07:17 PM
  #4
windowlicker
Registered User
 
windowlicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Murky Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,181
vCash: 500
Interesting trades (maybe something interesting enough to keep me occupied from thinking about how close Calgary is to winning it all):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
To Edmonton: Oleg Kvasha
To NYI: Jani Rita, 2004 PHI 1st
I would do it, Lowe would do it because it would make the Comrie trade look even better, but Im not sure Milbury would do it. Plus Ive seen what Kvasha looks like when he does'nt try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
To Edmonton: Mika Noronen
To Buffalo: Jason Smith
Interesting deal, though Im not sure how the team would feel about having our Captain (who played like a monster down the stretch) dealt for a relatively young & skilled Finnish goalie with 63 NHL games on his resume (Right now we have a relatively young & skilled Finnish goalie with 69 NHL games on his resume on the team.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
To Edmonton: Jiri Fischer
To Detroit: Matt Green, 2nd
Jiri may have lost favor in Hockeytown (When did this happen?), but I dont think Detroit makes this deal. No matter what their scouts tell Holland about Green.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
To Edmonton: Tim Ramholt
To Calgary: Jason Chimera
No Comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
To Edmonton: Scott Hartnell, Simon Gamache
To Nashville: Ales Hemsky, Brad Isbister
Noo, thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
And one final one to fill the hole on RW, again with the Islanders:
To Edmonton: Mark Parrish
To NYI: Marty Reasoner
Parrish is expendable, and costly. I would like to see the current Reasoner play 82 games for us (I'm of the belief that if Marty does not go chasing after that icing call against the Buds, we make the playoffs this year)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
To Edmonton: Van 2004 2nd
To Vancouver: Shawn Horcoff, Ty Conklin
Why do this?

windowlicker is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 07:28 PM
  #5
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie

To Edmonton: Oleg Kvasha
To NYI: Jani Rita, 2004 PHI 1st
The deal gives us a big center for now, as well as the future.
The fact that Kvasha is big doesn't really factor in because he really does not use his size very often. Combined with his questionable work ethic, I think this is a very steep price to pay. Kvasha has cracked 50 points once in his career and I would not be willing to give up Philly's first and Rita for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie

To Edmonton: Mika Noronen
To Buffalo: Jason Smith
I suppose the value is there on this one. I personally don't think Noronen is any better than Markkanen or Conklin at this point though and it seems pretty pointless to bring in another uproven starter. He might turn into Kiprusoff but there is a better chance he won't..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
To Edmonton: Jiri Fischer
To Detroit: Matt Green, 2nd
Fischer's development really seemed to stall this season according to a number of individuals and I'm not sure I'd be willing to pony up two decent assets for him. Greene seems to be a very solid prospect in the Jason Smith mould and I think he has the potential to be as good or even better than Fischer. He is definitely capable of a rebound season though and he might be worth a gamble if we could get him for reasonably cheap..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
To Edmonton: Tim Ramholt
To Calgary: Jason Chimera
I don't see Calgary making this deal. Ramholt had a very solid season according to what I've read and he seems to be a pretty decent prospect. I guess the value might be there but I don't see Calgary moving Ramholt any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
To Edmonton: Scott Hartnell, Simon Gamache
To Nashville: Ales Hemsky, Brad Isbister
Eww.. our problem is lack of skill so we trade Hemsky for Hartnell? Josh Hartnell is one of my favorite young players in the NHL but Hemsky + Izzy for him (Gamache is worth nothing in my books) seems like quite the overpayment to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
To Edmonton: Mark Parrish
To NYI: Marty Reasoner
The Islanders already have a checking line centerman by the name of Dave Scatchard as well as Mike Peca up the middle. I don't see them trading one of their few scoring wingers for another defensive centerman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
To Edmonton: Van 2004 2nd
To Vancouver: Shawn Horcoff, Ty Conklin
You do realize that Horcoff had a very solid year and doesn't score much less than Kvasha right? I personally think Horcoff + Conklin are worth more than a very low 2nd rounder. Despite what other people say, I believe Horcoff was a very valuable member of our team this season and is turning into a pretty good two-way player. I think he'll come close to cracking 20 goals next season if he gets the ice time (which he will with MacT at the helm.. ).

Cerebral is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 08:07 PM
  #6
Dr_Gonz0
Registered User
 
Dr_Gonz0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,235
vCash: 500
From the mind of Dr_Gonz0:

To EDM: Joe Thornton.

To BOS: Sean Horcoff; Ales Hemsky; Alexai Semenov; 25th-30th overall pick in the 2004 draft.

To get quality, you have to give quality. Edmonton's dream of a big skilled top line center is solved. Boston gets Horcoff as a center in return, Hemsky, who could be a high profile star some day(if he bounces back), Hulking Semenov, who has lots of potential, and gets a 1st round pick in this years draft(they had traded theirs to WAS).

To FLA: Jason Smith; Jani Rita/Brad Isbister.

To EDM: 7th overall pick in the 2004 draft.

I see Smith getting moved only if he can't be signed and sets an Arb. date. FLA used to covet Isbister, and Rita still has some value as well as a 1st round pick.

Dr_Gonz0 is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 08:16 PM
  #7
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
To Edmonton: Oleg Kvasha
To NYI: Jani Rita, 2004 PHI 1st
The deal gives us a big center for now, as well as the future. He hit 50 points last year, and I see even more from him the following seasons. NYI on the other hand get's two valuable rebuilding blocks to work with. Rita would be able to step right into their lineup I'd presume as well. Kvasha has been labaled soft in NY, but I disagree with that. He may not use his size as much as he could, but he does throw his weight around when nessasary.


And one final one to fill the hole on RW, again with the Islanders:

To Edmonton: Mark Parrish
To NYI: Marty Reasoner
Hate to see Marty goes, and this one only happens if Neded does resign, but Parrish gives us a guy who can score goals to play in our top 6. Parrish, like Fischer in Detroit, isn't in his team's good books. The Islanders have quite a few good RW's, and with Hunter's great rookie season, Parrish is very expendable.

.
Guys c'mon.

25 yr old Kvasha's had 38 and 51 pt seasons.22 yr old Rita's been unable to even stick in the nhl.His career high is 4 pts.That late Flyer 1st in a weak draft holds little interest.Kvasha's pretty cheap at $800,000.


Parrish has scored 24,26,17,30 23 and 24 goals in his first 6 seasons.

Reasoner's had 3 goal,4 goal,6 goal,10 goal,11 goal and 2 goal seasons.Isles need to add another top 6 scorer,not deal one away for a 3rd liner.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 08:35 PM
  #8
Jamie
Registered User
 
Jamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
Guys c'mon.

25 yr old Kvasha's had 38 and 51 pt seasons.22 yr old Rita's been unable to even stick in the nhl.His career high is 4 pts.That late Flyer 1st in a weak draft holds little interest.Kvasha's pretty cheap at $800,000.


Parrish has scored 24,26,17,30 23 and 24 goals in his first 6 seasons.

Reasoner's had 3 goal,4 goal,6 goal,10 goal,11 goal and 2 goal seasons.Isles need to add another top 6 scorer,not deal one away for a 3rd liner.
I find that first comment pretty interesting as some here to think that it's a bad deal from an Oiler's perspective.

Actually, Parrish was on their 3rd line last year, behing Czerkawski and Hunter by the end of the season.

As for your other point, don't forget to include Parrish's $2,350,000 salary in compairson to Marty's $850,000.

Jamie is offline  
Old
05-04-2004, 08:47 PM
  #9
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
I find that first comment pretty interesting as some here to think that it's a bad deal from an Oiler's perspective.

Actually, Parrish was on their 3rd line last year, behing Czerkawski and Hunter by the end of the season.

As for your other point, don't forget to include Parrish's $2,350,000 salary in compairson to Marty's $850,000.

Sterling mixed and matched the lines for a lot of the season looking for chemistry,but Parrish has played 90% of the time,the last 2 yrs on the 2nd line with Peca.

FL press says Milbury backed out of a New Yr Eve's deal this season,that would have traded Parrish to the Panthers for a much cheaper player.Panther fans are convinced it was Huselius($900,000), who Milbury unsuccessfully pushed hard for 2 yrs ago.

Thrashers,Panthers and Hawks tried to aquire Parrish this yr.If it's just about moving his salary,the nyi will find a taker.

Isles have enough quality 3rd liners in Scatchard,Blake,Asham,Bates.No knock on Reasoner,but Isles don't need another 3rd liner.

They need either an established top 6 scorer or a youngster they think will develop into a top 6 scorer.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 02:04 PM
  #10
Master Lok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 6,653
vCash: 500
Is Kvasha a natural centre? On both Yahoo and CBS Sportsline, they list Kvasha as a LW.

I wonder if Rita and either a 2nd round 2004 or the 1st round Philly would be enough to nab Tomas Kopecky (prospect) out of Detroit to answer our Centre problems. He's 22 now and may be able to make the NHL next year.

As for Jason Smith, I can certainly see Florida's need for him, and they certainly have three centres who could help the Oilers: Weiss, Horton and Jokinen. Horton is untradeable, Weiss is worth more than Smith (1 year RFA) and Jokinen for Smith isn't impossible, that would leave Florida with two rookie/sophomore centres in the top 2 positions.

As for Jiri Fischer, I guess it depends upon how much has Detroit soured on Jiri. Chelios might retire, so Fischer might not be so easy to trade for.

P.S. Thanks Jamie, for livening up the board with an interesting thread!

Master Lok is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 02:18 PM
  #11
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
I wonder if Rita and either a 2nd round 2004 or the 1st round Philly would be enough to nab Tomas Kopecky (prospect) out of Detroit to answer our Centre problems. He's 22 now and may be able to make the NHL next year.
Why would you move that much for a projected third liner who only managed to put up 12 points in 48 AHL games? Rita's value may have dropped but he scored more than Kopecky this season and is worth more in my eyes. Bishai put up more points last season as well. I agree that stats don't present the whole picture but they do tell you something. How would Kopecky beat out Stoll, Reasoner, Nedved (or an UFA center), York or Bishai for a roster spot?

Cerebral is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 04:21 PM
  #12
Jamie
Registered User
 
Jamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
As for Jason Smith, I can certainly see Florida's need for him, and they certainly have three centres who could help the Oilers: Weiss, Horton and Jokinen. Horton is untradeable, Weiss is worth more than Smith (1 year RFA) and Jokinen for Smith isn't impossible, that would leave Florida with two rookie/sophomore centres in the top 2 positions.
Interesting you brought up Florida. I thought about their centers, and would like Weiss, but I think after last season, he went from possible trade bait, to near untouchable. Jokinen on the other hand has been beaten to death on these boards, and I personally don't think he'd fit in all that well here anyway's so I left him alone. Horton I like, and wonder if we put up the right package, if he could be available. Maybe if he struggles next year, a basic overpayment may be able to land him mid season if they push for the playoffs?

Jamie is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 05:30 PM
  #13
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
I find that first comment pretty interesting as some here to think that it's a bad deal from an Oiler's perspective.

Actually, Parrish was on their 3rd line last year, behing Czerkawski and Hunter by the end of the season.

As for your other point, don't forget to include Parrish's $2,350,000 salary in compairson to Marty's $850,000.
1) The Isles didn't employ a regular third line and Parrish did not have a regular position on any line. The Isles basically didn't have much in the way of set lines. And, Czerkawski rode the pine for larger parts of the year, some nights not even dressing. It is simply not correct that Parrish played behind Hunter and Chow. I'm not even sure Parrish played behind Hunter.

2) Would you rather pay 2.3 for a legitimate #2 winger or nearly a million for a #3 center that you don't even need? Even if the Isles do decide to unload Parrish (which would not shock me) they could do a lot better than this. At the very least, you'd have to offer them a player they actually want. I personally don't think they'd take Reasoner if he was on waivers (because they have better players in the same role already). You are talking about the Isles trading a 25 -30 goal scorer for a so-so third line forward. Is that realistic?

3) For the reasons above, I'd also pass on that Kvasha deal. Although I have to say that I still think that Rita can develop into a useful forward (if not in EDM, somewhere else). Too early to give up on that player, IMO.


Last edited by Darth Milbury: 05-05-2004 at 06:04 PM.
Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 07:29 PM
  #14
Jamie
Registered User
 
Jamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
1) The Isles didn't employ a regular third line and Parrish did not have a regular position on any line. The Isles basically didn't have much in the way of set lines. And, Czerkawski rode the pine for larger parts of the year, some nights not even dressing. It is simply not correct that Parrish played behind Hunter and Chow. I'm not even sure Parrish played behind Hunter.

2) Would you rather pay 2.3 for a legitimate #2 winger or nearly a million for a #3 center that you don't even need? Even if the Isles do decide to unload Parrish (which would not shock me) they could do a lot better than this. At the very least, you'd have to offer them a player they actually want. I personally don't think they'd take Reasoner if he was on waivers (because they have better players in the same role already). You are talking about the Isles trading a 25 -30 goal scorer for a so-so third line forward. Is that realistic?

3) For the reasons above, I'd also pass on that Kvasha deal. Although I have to say that I still think that Rita can develop into a useful forward (if not in EDM, somewhere else). Too early to give up on that player, IMO.
Good arguments. Just to clear one thing though, I never said he was a 3rd line RW, just that's where he spent a good portion of his time down the stretch. I will agree that Reasoner isn't the best fit, I forgot about Scatchard at center for some point (which is weird since he's a player I've mentioned before that I'd like the Oilers to get). What would the Isles be looking for instead of Reasoner then? I'm pretty sure Parrish is fairly tradeable at this point and time, and he's the kind of player we need(allthough I'd rather have Hunter, but I doubt that'll happen). He likes to shoot, and has a good shot, and play's RW. Enable us to be more patient with Hemsky, dropping him to the 3rd or 4th lines, with the odd stint in the top 6 when hot, and/or Parrish is cold. The only forwards I'd say that wouldn't be available for Parrish are Hemsky, Torres, Smyth, and Dvorak. All other forwards I'm sure could be had for the right deal.

Jamie is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 07:48 PM
  #15
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
Good arguments. Just to clear one thing though, I never said he was a 3rd line RW, just that's where he spent a good portion of his time down the stretch. I will agree that Reasoner isn't the best fit, I forgot about Scatchard at center for some point (which is weird since he's a player I've mentioned before that I'd like the Oilers to get). What would the Isles be looking for instead of Reasoner then? I'm pretty sure Parrish is fairly tradeable at this point and time, and he's the kind of player we need(allthough I'd rather have Hunter, but I doubt that'll happen). He likes to shoot, and has a good shot, and play's RW. Enable us to be more patient with Hemsky, dropping him to the 3rd or 4th lines, with the odd stint in the top 6 when hot, and/or Parrish is cold. The only forwards I'd say that wouldn't be available for Parrish are Hemsky, Torres, Smyth, and Dvorak. All other forwards I'm sure could be had for the right deal.
Parrish MAY be tradeable because the Isles have Hunter, and they think Weinhandl is ready to play. Its really hard to say because he played a valuable role on the Island, basically emerging as one of their best defensive wingers, and also being one of the few guys that shows up every night. He was nearly always the winger they sent out with Peca during the last minutes of a game. I think he is a favorite of management, and his 24 goals in about 60 games is hard to overlook.

My best guess is that the Isles will try to sign him to an extension rather than move him. But, he is far from untouchable - I would agree with you about that. If Weinhandl turns it on during camp, and the Isles are convinced Hunter can repeat, Parrish may be moved. Chow is a UFA and probably will not be back so the Isles may be relatively weak on the right side.

If the Isles try to shake things up much, they may move one of their top four dmen and try to get a younger more physical guy in the lineup, or they may use Parrish and/or Kvasha in attempt to acquire such a player. Any moves they make will likely be with an eye toward getting younger, more physical, and less expensive. its pretty apparent the organization badly needs young physical dmen and big wingers who can score.

Anyway, as far as EDM is concerned, I don't see a deal there. I don't think EDM wants to add Parrish's salary, and I don't see the type of players that the Isles would want in return AVAILABLE on the EDM roster.

One guy I always liked and I think would fit in well on the Island would be Ethan Moreau. I'm not sure what I would offer in return. Parrish would be overpayment. But, I could see a deal built around Kvasha. Of course, I also see little reason for the Oil to move a useful third line winger like Moreau so I don't see such a deal as very likely.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 07:52 PM
  #16
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
1) The Isles didn't employ a regular third line and Parrish did not have a regular position on any line. The Isles basically didn't have much in the way of set lines. And, Czerkawski rode the pine for larger parts of the year, some nights not even dressing. It is simply not correct that Parrish played behind Hunter and Chow. I'm not even sure Parrish played behind Hunter.

2) Would you rather pay 2.3 for a legitimate #2 winger or nearly a million for a #3 center that you don't even need? Even if the Isles do decide to unload Parrish (which would not shock me) they could do a lot better than this. At the very least, you'd have to offer them a player they actually want. I personally don't think they'd take Reasoner if he was on waivers (because they have better players in the same role already). You are talking about the Isles trading a 25 -30 goal scorer for a so-so third line forward. Is that realistic?

3) For the reasons above, I'd also pass on that Kvasha deal. Although I have to say that I still think that Rita can develop into a useful forward (if not in EDM, somewhere else). Too early to give up on that player, IMO.
Hey Darth

Sorry man I gotta jump in to Marty's defense. He is ADORED in this city man. We are all expecting Reasoner to have a breakout season soon and put all nay sayers to rest. He was great last year before he was hurt and even better during the first 2 games back before his knee gave out again. We are really expecting big things from him. I'm not saying 1st line material, but 2nd is very possible for him.

He is a great playmaker and a fabulous 2-way player. One of our best penalty killer as well. It isn't a coincidence that our PK plummetted after he got hurt?

In terms of the trades I honestly don't see the point in changing our team this summer. I think we should hang onto Nedved and stay the same. We played great down the stretch and there is no reason to think we won't play close to that level for most of the next year.

Players are going to go through their slumps and injuries but we have a very fast young talented team here and if we let them mature together for a bit I think they will be great. And speaking of injuries, we had a very bad year with both Marty and Isbister gone for most of the year. York went down as did many other key players. With a bit of luck we have an average or better year next year injury wise and we will be a playoff team, and I don't think 7 or 8 I am thinking 4-6 spot.

But I am always optimistic before a new season...

s7ark is offline  
Old
05-05-2004, 07:57 PM
  #17
Darth Milbury
Registered User
 
Darth Milbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Searching for Kvasha
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 37,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
Hey Darth

Sorry man I gotta jump in to Marty's defense. He is ADORED in this city man. We are all expecting Reasoner to have a breakout season soon and put all nay sayers to rest. He was great last year before he was hurt and even better during the first 2 games back before his knee gave out again. We are really expecting big things from him. I'm not saying 1st line material, but 2nd is very possible for him.

He is a great playmaker and a fabulous 2-way player. One of our best penalty killer as well. It isn't a coincidence that our PK plummetted after he got hurt?

In terms of the trades I honestly don't see the point in changing our team this summer. I think we should hang onto Nedved and stay the same. We played great down the stretch and there is no reason to think we won't play close to that level for most of the next year.

Players are going to go through their slumps and injuries but we have a very fast young talented team here and if we let them mature together for a bit I think they will be great. And speaking of injuries, we had a very bad year with both Marty and Isbister gone for most of the year. York went down as did many other key players. With a bit of luck we have an average or better year next year injury wise and we will be a playoff team, and I don't think 7 or 8 I am thinking 4-6 spot.

But I am always optimistic before a new season...

We'll see. To me, Reasoner looks like a very ordinary third line player - sort of EDM's answer to Eric Belanger. He may well be a useful guy to have around, but there are better third liners out there (like Scatchard) and I don't think Reasoner has any real trade value.

But, he certainly has talent. And, there is no reason he can't go out and have a big season. Lowe is great at picking out these diamonds in the rough, and he may have done it again with Reasoner.

Darth Milbury is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.