HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Signing Jacob Trouba

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-16-2017, 08:53 PM
  #426
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 26,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Board Bard View Post
You can call it conflating all you want but on the Jets the two issues are intertwined inextricably, making it one issue. In the case of Trouba, his version of how he should have been deployed happened to be in the best interests of the team. In Maurice's version (until Myers got hurt again), Trouba's deployment was an inferior option that did little (or nothing) to further the interests of the team. As to whether or not you think it's fruitful, I couldn't care less.
Good.... carry on.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2017, 02:54 PM
  #427
trebendan
Registered User
 
trebendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
Suppose VGK selected DeHaan and Grubauer, then offered them plus the 6th overall pick for Trouba, should the Jets make that trade?

trebendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2017, 02:58 PM
  #428
Aavco Cup
Registered User
 
Aavco Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 25,475
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebendan View Post
Suppose VGK selected DeHaan and Grubauer, then offered them plus the 6th overall pick for Trouba, should the Jets make that trade?
The rumour is the Knights will select Kulemin as part of their side deal.

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2017, 03:04 PM
  #429
mcpw
WPG
 
mcpw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 7,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebendan View Post
Suppose VGK selected DeHaan and Grubauer, then offered them plus the 6th overall pick for Trouba, should the Jets make that trade?
Sure, then trade expiring Little for another top10 pick and get another shot at the lottery next year. Maybe then we'll finally find a guy who scores 35+ goals at 18yo, which would allow us to build a winning roster around him... ohwait.

mcpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2017, 05:07 PM
  #430
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,633
vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebendan View Post
Suppose VGK selected DeHaan and Grubauer, then offered them plus the 6th overall pick for Trouba, should the Jets make that trade?
Heiskanen is gone by 6. Not sure who I take at 6. If Van takes Rasmussen or Avs take Makar then either Glass or Vilardi is till there and its easy. Maybe they're both still there and I take Glass - easy. Cal Foote at #13. I would want another 1st to take Vaakanainen. If that now seems like too much for Trouba (I'm half joking, but only half) we give then #43 to balance it out.

Next question, does Glass/Vilardi make Little expendable or are we going to let him retire a Jet?

Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2017, 05:30 PM
  #431
10Ducky10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
Heiskanen is gone by 6. Not sure who I take at 6. If Van takes Rasmussen or Avs take Makar then either Glass or Vilardi is till there and its easy. Maybe they're both still there and I take Glass - easy. Cal Foote at #13. I would want another 1st to take Vaakanainen. If that now seems like too much for Trouba (I'm half joking, but only half) we give then #43 to balance it out.

Next question, does Glass/Vilardi make Little expendable or are we going to let him retire a Jet?

Either of them might in afew years but not next year. Replacing Little wasn't possible when he went down last season and the whole roster lineup suffered.

10Ducky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 04:40 PM
  #432
ps241
Playoff push 2017
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 21,118
vCash: 50
Just listening to Hustler with Paul Edmonds and Paul had some "mildly" encouraging information about the Trouba situation. I will try to grab the audio link when I get a chance because I am on the run right now to my kids baseball game and don't have time to break it down.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 04:42 PM
  #433
KurtG8
Registered User
 
KurtG8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Just listening to Hustler with Paul Edmonds and Paul had some "mildly" encouraging information about the Trouba situation. I will try to grab the audio link when I get a chance because I am on the run right now to my kids baseball game and don't have time to break it down.
You heard that too eh? was waiting for someone to comment. Did Edmonds say that he specifically heard from his sources about Trouba? I missed the beginning of that conversation.

KurtG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 04:49 PM
  #434
Festinator
Registered User
 
Festinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtG8 View Post
You heard that too eh? was waiting for someone to comment. Did Edmonds say that he specifically heard from his sources about Trouba? I missed the beginning of that conversation.
One of you guys wanna give a quick summary about what was said? Sounds interesting haha

Festinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 04:51 PM
  #435
KurtG8
Registered User
 
KurtG8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Festinator View Post
One of you guys wanna give a quick summary about what was said? Sounds interesting haha
lol i just posted the summary of what i heard in the Rumours thread in response to another poster noticing the same thing.

KurtG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 04:57 PM
  #436
BB88
Registered User
 
BB88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 20,681
vCash: 500
8y/7.5M at the end of season if he continues his great play. With lots of high end/elite D-men getting new contracts in the near future that wouldn't be a bad hit, and when these last summer 6 year cheaper deals end Trouba would still have 4 years left, and most likely would be then cheaper for those remaining 4 years than his current comparisons, Rielly, Lindholm, Ristolainen& Jones.

Overall I think the team start winning and playing to their potential could do wonders with Trouba extension.

BB88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 05:05 PM
  #437
KurtG8
Registered User
 
KurtG8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB88 View Post
8y/7.5M at the end of season if he continues his great play. With lots of high end/elite D-men getting new contracts in the near future that wouldn't be a bad hit, and when these last summer 6 year cheaper deals end Trouba would still have 4 years left, and most likely would be then cheaper for those remaining 4 years than his current comparisons, Rielly, Lindholm, Ristolainen& Jones.

Overall I think the team start winning and playing to their potential could do wonders with Trouba extension.
I concur, this would be very pleasing.

KurtG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 05:08 PM
  #438
Peggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB88 View Post
8y/7.5M at the end of season if he continues his great play. With lots of high end/elite D-men getting new contracts in the near future that wouldn't be a bad hit, and when these last summer 6 year cheaper deals end Trouba would still have 4 years left, and most likely would be then cheaper for those remaining 4 years than his current comparisons, Rielly, Lindholm, Ristolainen& Jones.

Overall I think the team start winning and playing to their potential could do wonders with Trouba extension.
If he has another good year it's a good contract
Don't think Trouba signs here that long tho

Peggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 05:09 PM
  #439
Zhamnov5GoalGame
Registered User
 
Zhamnov5GoalGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 1,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtG8 View Post
lol i just posted the summary of what i heard in the Rumours thread in response to another poster noticing the same thing.
I added this to that rumor thread... from the beginning of Edmond's "report"

"Edmonds said he overheard a source close to the Trouba camp.
This is better than nothing but certainly not a lock.
If he pulls off another season like the last then we have to pay him like our best D to keep him.
I guess that's what you do if you get the chance."

Zhamnov5GoalGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 05:14 PM
  #440
BB88
Registered User
 
BB88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 20,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtG8 View Post
I concur, this would be very pleasing.
I think in the end it could work out better this way.

Those 3rd/UFA contracts for core players are damm difficult for teams to manage while trying to keep quality depth.

That 8 year contract would start when Trouba is 24 and continue to 32y.
That's about the ideal range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy View Post
If he has another good year it's a good contract
Don't think Trouba signs here that long tho
Maybe he will if he sees the potential, and sees Ehlers sign a longterm contract, to go with Scheifeles' last summers 8 year contract.


Last edited by BB88: 06-26-2017 at 05:40 PM.
BB88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 05:20 PM
  #441
JetsFan815
It can't be done :(
 
JetsFan815's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 7,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Just listening to Hustler with Paul Edmonds and Paul had some "mildly" encouraging information about the Trouba situation. I will try to grab the audio link when I get a chance because I am on the run right now to my kids baseball game and don't have time to break it down.
Do tell. Don't leave us hanging

JetsFan815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 05:32 PM
  #442
lomiller1
Registered User
 
lomiller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
Do tell. Don't leave us hanging
Short version:

Edmonds had a conversation with someone close to the Trouba camp at the draft. They told him Trouba likes playing in Winnipeg, doesn't object to playing in Canada didn't want to hold out but was convinced otherwise and would be open to signing if he continues to get high RHD min.

Given where the info is coming from it could just be message control, but it's hopeful.

lomiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 06:23 PM
  #443
ffh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 50
good thing Edmonds doesn't run this team cause scheifele would have gotten 8x12.5

ffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 06:44 PM
  #444
Puckatron 3000
Glitchy Prototype
 
Puckatron 3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Offensive Zone
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,530
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomiller1 View Post
Short version:

Edmonds had a conversation with someone close to the Trouba camp at the draft. They told him Trouba likes playing in Winnipeg, doesn't object to playing in Canada didn't want to hold out but was convinced otherwise and would be open to signing if he continues to get high RHD min.

Given where the info is coming from it could just be message control, but it's hopeful.
This is the best news/rumor of the off-season. Thanks for sharing.

Puckatron 3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 06:54 PM
  #445
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,221
vCash: 50
So if that rumour is true then we likely don't see a Trouba extension happen until after next season.

Daximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 06:56 PM
  #446
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,106
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffh View Post
good thing Edmonds doesn't run this team cause scheifele would have gotten 8x12.5
Haha it's easy for him to say since he isn't cutting the cheque

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 07:01 PM
  #447
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 26,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
So if that rumour is true then we likely don't see a Trouba extension happen until after next season.
Unless they go to Trouba and tell him he's going to play top minutes on RD and offer him 8 x $7m+. He might have a had time turning it down at this point if he doesn't mind playing in Winnipeg.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 07:03 PM
  #448
puck stoppa
Registered User
 
puck stoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Unless they go to Trouba and tell him he's going to play top minutes on RD and offer him 8 x $7m+. He might have a had time turning it down at this point if he doesn't mind playing in Winnipeg.
No kidding. That is one great offer than surely he can't refuse. Enough people around you swaying you Jacob, decide for yourself!

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 07:10 PM
  #449
Daximus
Aces Charles
 
Daximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Five Hills
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,221
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Unless they go to Trouba and tell him he's going to play top minutes on RD and offer him 8 x $7m+. He might have a had time turning it down at this point if he doesn't mind playing in Winnipeg.
That's possible. I'd do it. Not sure if Chevy would.

Daximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 07:24 PM
  #450
JetBlue420
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Eagle Creek Drive
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,381
vCash: 500
Listen to the chevy interview at the draft. He says Scheif and Trouba are pretty much the cornerstones of the new group of young players. I wouldnt be at all surprised if Trouba signs an extension July 1st.

JetBlue420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.