HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeremy Roenick

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Dr Love

vCash: 500
Jeremy Roenick

Is it me, or since JR has come back from his broken jaw/concussion, he's been a much more determined and focused player? He easily playing his best overall hockey as a Flyer right now, and I'm not saying that simply because of his OT goal, although that is a defineate factor. I think his lamenting retirement while he was out was, in retrospect, him churning the gears in his mind to get himself more focused. It seems to me that he has come to the realization that this might be his last chance for a Cup due to factors he can not control (getting a career-ending concussion) and thus he's more focused than ever. 10 points in 11 games, that's just outstanding.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:14 PM
bennysflyers16

Agree , Does anyone have a clip of him singing "it's Tricky", that was freain entertaing.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:15 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

I love JR. I think he is seeing this as his best chance at a cup (although that 92 Hawks team was solid---Pens got in their way) and he is 34 years old and suffered some very severe injuries. He has an incredible focus right now. His wife did push him towards retirement when his face was shattered (comedy aside----she said for the love of god retire. I have to look at that face across the breakfast table every morning) and may be thinking it is time to get out.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:59 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
Agree , Does anyone have a clip of him singing "it's Tricky", that was freain entertaing.
i was just going to post that same question! somebody find it!!

Old
05-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Jackmangurl05

Send a message via MSN to Jackmangurl05 Send a message via Yahoo to Jackmangurl05
He is driven like Primeau to win a Stanley Cup. They both realized that their career can be shorten really fast and maybe after, they will never have the chance to win the cup. I really do think that both incident just made them realize that it was now or never

Old
05-05-2004, 01:11 PM
tytech

They are all driven,

Zhamnov, Amonte, Roenick, Primeau, even Recchi and Leclair were young on their teams. To win it in Philly for all of them would be awesome.

Old
05-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Jackmangurl05

Send a message via MSN to Jackmangurl05 Send a message via Yahoo to Jackmangurl05
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech
They are all driven,

Zhamnov, Amonte, Roenick, Primeau, even Recchi and Leclair were young on their teams. To win it in Philly for all of them would be awesome.
You are right, but for Leclair and for Recchi, maybe it's a little bit less because they already won the Cup, but you are right, Zhamnov and Amonte are as well driven as JR and Primeau

Old
05-05-2004, 01:20 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primeaugurl25
You are right, but for Leclair and for Recchi, maybe it's a little bit less because they already won the Cup, but you are right, Zhamnov and Amonte are as well driven as JR and Primeau
WRONG! Cups are like women. Once you have had one, you want another, and another. You just can't wait to drink champagne out of that perfectly round cup..... tingling on your tongue....ARGHHHH http://www.posterboys.net/homer-drool.gif

Old
05-05-2004, 01:31 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
I agree , i want to see it

JR is probaly one of my favourite NHL personality , i also like him as a player . Go Flyers let's destroy Tampa!

Old
05-05-2004, 04:58 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy Version 1.3
WRONG! Cups are like women. Once you have had one, you want another, and another. You just can't wait to drink champagne out of that perfectly round cup..... tingling on your tongue....ARGHHHH http://www.posterboys.net/homer-drool.gif

Old
05-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Bostonian

Just to let you all know, broadstreetbully.com has all of the video clips you guys are looking for(only bad thing is that you have to pay for the use of all of it)

Old
05-05-2004, 09:03 PM
slapshotflyer

Just seen it. All I can say is LOL

Closed Thread