HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bailey vs. Baptiste vs. Fasching

View Poll Results: Of these 3 prospects, who do you like the most?
Justin Bailey 17 20.99%
Nick Baptiste 52 64.20%
Hudson Fasching 12 14.81%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-16-2017, 05:59 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

vCash: 720
I like Baptiste the most but feel none of the three are a lock to be quality long term top 9 wingers. Fasching has the lowest value IMO. I doubt he ever plays 100 games in the nhl.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 06:00 PM
LGBuffalo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDayMayDay View Post
If Housley has this team playing a fast, attacking style, I could see him doing wonders for Bailey.
Agreed completely. At this point, I think Bailey is going to need the most support/chemistry with him to reach his ceiling. His tools are undeniable, but obviously hasn't put them together at the NHL level.

I was really impressed with Baptiste's improvements throughout the year, and equally impressed with his trajectory. I had him last of the three going into the season.

Fasching is tough for me because I want him to look so much better than he has to this point. Indeed, the groin injury really hampered him with his style of play, so next year is mighty important for him. I haven't written him off as of yet, but hope to see more of the Fasching we saw at the WJC a few years ago.

Thus, as it stands, for me: Baptiste>Bailey>Fasching

LGBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 06:56 PM
BiPolarBear

Fasching's season was pretty much ruined by injury but when he came back he got better and better in Rochester.

Bailey is too big and fast not to be an NHL player, he needs more variety in his offensive moves, tries the same cut in move all the time, with his size and speed he should be able to shield the puck and just go straight to the net. If he can't develop into a top 6 player he's going to have to get meaner and start hitting or he's not going to have much of a career. Had 8 shots i think in his first NHL game, then stopped shooting, he's got a good shot, needs to shoot more. He needs confidence, seems to lose it easily.

Baptiste looked good in his callup - he should have gotten a long look with Eichel.

BiPolarBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 05:42 AM
Wisent42

I like Bailey a lot, but that can be because he is the one I've seen most of the three. I like them all. I don't have a lot to say on the different questions, other than the last: I think Fasching is the most likely to bust, most because his value is closely connected to what we gave up to get him here. Therefor the expectations are higher. It's unfair to him, sure, but that's how I see it. Had we picked him in the 4th round ourselves, that wouldn't be the case. If we disregard those kinds of things, I think it's a tie on both success- and bustability.

Wisent42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 05:53 AM
gallagt01

Baptiste
Fasching
Bailey

All three can be quality NHLers. Bailey isn't a smart player, but he seems tailor-made for the kind of system Housley is going to implement.

gallagt01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 08:53 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Fasching
baptiste
Bailey

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 09:06 AM
tsujimoto74

Toss up between Fasching and Baptiste. They both bring different things I like and think the team could use. Bailey's got the tools to be as good as either, but he hasn't figured out how to put them together yet.

I think Fasching's got the best hockey IQ of the bunch, and you can't not love how strong he is on the puck and along the boards. Baptiste's game is pretty well-rounded, he's a good finisher, and he's got the speed to keep up with anyone. Bailey's got a bit of Afinoghenov in him, where his head can't quite keep up with everything else.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 09:12 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Fasching
baptiste
Bailey
I concur ....

It's funny and typical how someone can't see a developing Fasching as a future NHLer right now.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 11:37 AM
nickdawg95
scoutdawg

fasching - 4th liner 10-20Points

Bailey - 2-3 liner 20/20 player

Baptise could be a 50 point player with only one of our centres ( ROR/Eichel/reinhart)

nickdawg95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 11:50 AM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
As long as we get one top 6 player out of them, I'm satisfied. If we end up with three bottom sixers, we failed with this group. Someone has to emerge if we ever want to get somewhere.

A major difference between the good teams and us, is that their diamond in the rough players turn out. What players have we done a great job identifying and developing recently?

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote