HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

17-18 Bruins/NHL Summertime Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-18-2017, 08:26 AM
  #151
ORR2Sanderson2ORR
Registered User
 
ORR2Sanderson2ORR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North of The Border
Posts: 2,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
His wife doesn't have a "future earnings" clause in there?

Habs bring in Drouin, but I'm not sure where he will play? Can't imagine him at C when Spooner couldn't cut it as a 3rd line C for Clode (nevermind 2nd).

That means they either need to sign/replace AG, and they are a Top 4 Dman (or two) short. I guess it boils down to how much Rad wants? Last time I heard, talks were supposedly not going well.
I think they plan on having him play center to start the year. Their hoping Kirk Muller can help show him the right way. One thing Ive heard a lot about Drouin is that he's willing to learn and He seems to be saying all the right things right now. Time will tell.

One quick note on Drouin He scored nearly half his points last yr on the PP.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 09:16 PM
  #152
BruinsFanMike82
Registered User
 
BruinsFanMike82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,550
vCash: 500

BruinsFanMike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2017, 10:41 PM
  #153
BruinsFanMike82
Registered User
 
BruinsFanMike82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,550
vCash: 500
From Elliotte Friedman's latest 30 Thoughts
  • According to several sources, there is a legitimate possibility Hossa has played his final NHL game. Details are sketchy, because no one would give full information, but the medication necessary to combat the allergy is potent enough that doctors wanted his blood tested every few weeks to make sure there were no major side effects. That's very serious stuff, and word is doctors worried about Hossa taking the medicine for extended periods of time. If that's the case, it would be the end of a Hall of Fame career. No debate here, he deserves entry.
  • Jarome Iginla, via text: "I'm preparing and planning to play again."
  • McPhee also told reporters, "We're going to have to move some defencemen because we're going to claim a bunch." That's a bad omen for Washington's chances of keeping Nate Schmidt.
  • Josh Manson and Sami Vatanen were left unprotected. There is zero chance Manson is going anywhere, and now I'm beginning to wonder about Vatanen, too. Initially, I thought he'd try something creative like packaging Vatanen with Clayton Stoner to clear up salary space, but the Despres buyout adds flexibility. With the extra room, Murray could offer something else to leave both alone.
  • Word is KHL free agent Evgeny Davydov is getting close to a deal with an Eastern Conference team. Can't pin it down yet, but doesn't sound like he's going to Vegas.
  • Sounds like Jack Capuano will join Phil Housley's staff in Buffalo.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/3...inal-nhl-game/

BruinsFanMike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 05:37 AM
  #154
ashnathan
Registered User
 
ashnathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 12,882
vCash: 500
Davydov will go to the Habs you watch. There or Capitals.

ashnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 05:37 AM
  #155
RetiredWBC8
Registered User
 
RetiredWBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The 973
Country: United States
Posts: 43,945
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnathan View Post
Davydov will go to the Habs you watch. There or Capitals.
Rangers

RetiredWBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 05:38 AM
  #156
ashnathan
Registered User
 
ashnathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 12,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredWBC8 View Post
Rangers
You sunk my battleship

ashnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 05:39 AM
  #157
RetiredWBC8
Registered User
 
RetiredWBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The 973
Country: United States
Posts: 43,945
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFanMike82 View Post
From Elliotte Friedman's latest 30 Thoughts
  • According to several sources, there is a legitimate possibility Hossa has played his final NHL game. Details are sketchy, because no one would give full information, but the medication necessary to combat the allergy is potent enough that doctors wanted his blood tested every few weeks to make sure there were no major side effects. That's very serious stuff, and word is doctors worried about Hossa taking the medicine for extended periods of time. If that's the case, it would be the end of a Hall of Fame career. No debate here, he deserves entry.
  • Jarome Iginla, via text: "I'm preparing and planning to play again."
  • McPhee also told reporters, "We're going to have to move some defencemen because we're going to claim a bunch." That's a bad omen for Washington's chances of keeping Nate Schmidt.
  • Josh Manson and Sami Vatanen were left unprotected. There is zero chance Manson is going anywhere, and now I'm beginning to wonder about Vatanen, too. Initially, I thought he'd try something creative like packaging Vatanen with Clayton Stoner to clear up salary space, but the Despres buyout adds flexibility. With the extra room, Murray could offer something else to leave both alone.
  • Word is KHL free agent Evgeny Davydov is getting close to a deal with an Eastern Conference team. Can't pin it down yet, but doesn't sound like he's going to Vegas.
  • Sounds like Jack Capuano will join Phil Housley's staff in Buffalo.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/3...inal-nhl-game/
Great stuff to wake up to like always Mike thank you very much.

Please no on Iginla from the Bruins end.

RetiredWBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 06:26 AM
  #158
bbfan419
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Moncton NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,977
vCash: 500
Bob McKenzie had a rumour/tweet out there that Florida has a deal with Vegas where Vegas ends up with old pal Reilly Smith, I guess they want out from his contract.

bbfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 07:15 AM
  #159
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFanMike82 View Post
From Elliotte Friedman's latest 30 Thoughts
  • According to several sources, there is a legitimate possibility Hossa has played his final NHL game. Details are sketchy, because no one would give full information, but the medication necessary to combat the allergy is potent enough that doctors wanted his blood tested every few weeks to make sure there were no major side effects. That's very serious stuff, and word is doctors worried about Hossa taking the medicine for extended periods of time. If that's the case, it would be the end of a Hall of Fame career. No debate here, he deserves entry.
  • Jarome Iginla, via text: "I'm preparing and planning to play again."
  • McPhee also told reporters, "We're going to have to move some defencemen because we're going to claim a bunch." That's a bad omen for Washington's chances of keeping Nate Schmidt.
  • Josh Manson and Sami Vatanen were left unprotected. There is zero chance Manson is going anywhere, and now I'm beginning to wonder about Vatanen, too. Initially, I thought he'd try something creative like packaging Vatanen with Clayton Stoner to clear up salary space, but the Despres buyout adds flexibility. With the extra room, Murray could offer something else to leave both alone.
  • Word is KHL free agent Evgeny Davydov is getting close to a deal with an Eastern Conference team. Can't pin it down yet, but doesn't sound like he's going to Vegas.
  • Sounds like Jack Capuano will join Phil Housley's staff in Buffalo.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/3...inal-nhl-game/
terrible news about Hossa, always enjoyed watching him play, except vs the B`s of course

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 07:27 AM
  #160
Sharp Shooting Neely
Registered User
 
Sharp Shooting Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,790
vCash: 500
The latest report on Hossa's medical issues confirm he will sit out the upcoming season due to his very unusual condition and the side effects from treating it. Seems the door may still be open a crack in hopes he can return. Tough situation for a terrific player. Article is from TSN.

Operationally would anticipate the Hawks placing him of the long term IR list, assuming they can, and free up an additional 5 mill in cap space. That presents many more options for them to deal with the many issues involving expansion, cap and the entry draft. Obviously not the way they wanted to create flexibility but none the less they appear to now have it.

http://www.tsn.ca/blackhawks-hossa-w...eason-1.784933

Sharp Shooting Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 07:56 AM
  #161
Strafer
Registered User
 
Strafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: da Hub
Country: United States
Posts: 7,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Shooting Neely View Post
The latest report on Hossa's medical issues confirm he will sit out the upcoming season due to his very unusual condition and the side effects from treating it. Seems the door may still be open a crack in hopes he can return. Tough situation for a terrific player. Article is from TSN.

Operationally would anticipate the Hawks placing him of the long term IR list, assuming they can, and free up an additional 5 mill in cap space. That presents many more options for them to deal with the many issues involving expansion, cap and the entry draft. Obviously not the way they wanted to create flexibility but none the less they appear to now have it.

http://www.tsn.ca/blackhawks-hossa-w...eason-1.784933

That's over a 5 year period. It looks to be a million and change a year that he makes.

"He is signed through 2020-21 at a cap hit of $5.275 million, though his actual salary for each of the next four seasons sits at $1 million."

Strafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 08:01 AM
  #162
RetiredWBC8
Registered User
 
RetiredWBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The 973
Country: United States
Posts: 43,945
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan419 View Post
Bob McKenzie had a rumour/tweet out there that Florida has a deal with Vegas where Vegas ends up with old pal Reilly Smith, I guess they want out from his contract.
Gallant loves him. Gallant also loves Petrovic supposedly, so by leaving Smith exposed they can keep both Petro and Marchessault who are both cheaper.

Great move by Vegas if true. I'd much rather have had Smith these past two seasons, and going forward then pay Beleskey three more seasons and avoided the Jimmy Hayes 6.6 million dollar man era.


Last edited by RetiredWBC8: 06-21-2017 at 08:07 AM.
RetiredWBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 08:04 AM
  #163
Blackhawkswincup
Seabrook = Thief
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 140,140
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Shooting Neely View Post
The latest report on Hossa's medical issues confirm he will sit out the upcoming season due to his very unusual condition and the side effects from treating it. Seems the door may still be open a crack in hopes he can return. Tough situation for a terrific player. Article is from TSN.

Operationally would anticipate the Hawks placing him of the long term IR list, assuming they can, and free up an additional 5 mill in cap space. That presents many more options for them to deal with the many issues involving expansion, cap and the entry draft. Obviously not the way they wanted to create flexibility but none the less they appear to now have it.

http://www.tsn.ca/blackhawks-hossa-w...eason-1.784933
From hockey POV losing Hossa is damaging to team

Our 3rd best goal scorer (Had 26 last year) and our best defensive forward (Since Toews has been a shell of his former self)

Hawks have no one in system that can replace any of that at wing. They traded a young winger with those qualities two years ago (Saad) and haven't been able to find replacement for him let alone Hossa

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 08:18 AM
  #164
Sharp Shooting Neely
Registered User
 
Sharp Shooting Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
That's over a 5 year period. It looks to be a million and change a year that he makes.

"He is signed through 2020-21 at a cap hit of $5.275 million, though his actual salary for each of the next four seasons sits at $1 million."
There may also be a cap recapture penalty in play should he retire. It may get complicated with how it will ultimately be addressed. Friedman covered the topic in his 30 Thoughts (link for same in BruinsFanMike82 post above) and it appears to have some potentially controversial circumstances of how it would be handled. His quote:

"But it would not come without controversy should be retire. The Blackhawks signed him to a 12-year, $63.3-million deal in 2009, which carries an annual average value of $5.275 million. It is, however, a back-diving contract, a structure that was heavily penalized in the 2013 CBA.

Hossa is scheduled to be paid $1 million during each of the next four seasons, meaning almost 94 per cent of his contract is already paid. If he were to retire now, the Blackhawks would be hit with what are called “cap recapture” penalties — $3.675 million off their club’s cap number from next season until 2020-21. For a team already facing a crunch, that’s a massive blow."

Unless he doesn’t retire. He simply goes on long-term injured reserve.

Sharp Shooting Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 09:27 AM
  #165
Strafer
Registered User
 
Strafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: da Hub
Country: United States
Posts: 7,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Shooting Neely View Post
There may also be a cap recapture penalty in play should he retire. It may get complicated with how it will ultimately be addressed. Friedman covered the topic in his 30 Thoughts (link for same in BruinsFanMike82 post above) and it appears to have some potentially controversial circumstances of how it would be handled. His quote:

"But it would not come without controversy should be retire. The Blackhawks signed him to a 12-year, $63.3-million deal in 2009, which carries an annual average value of $5.275 million. It is, however, a back-diving contract, a structure that was heavily penalized in the 2013 CBA.

Hossa is scheduled to be paid $1 million during each of the next four seasons, meaning almost 94 per cent of his contract is already paid. If he were to retire now, the Blackhawks would be hit with what are called �cap recapture� penalties � $3.675 million off their club�s cap number from next season until 2020-21. For a team already facing a crunch, that�s a massive blow."

Unless he doesn�t retire. He simply goes on long-term injured reserve.
Wow, I guess this is what the expression "pay to play" means. The Hawks being so competitive for the past 10 years is starting to catch up with them...

Strafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 09:44 AM
  #166
Blackhawkswincup
Seabrook = Thief
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 140,140
vCash: 302
Yeah

Still such a fun era ,, Hopefully they can squeeze out one more cup but the Toews/Seabrook deals (Especially Seabrook deal) hurt club a lot

Also the Hawks have some nice young forwards in system (Debrincat for instance) or on roster (Hartman + Schmaltz for instance) but defensively its Forsling and nothing else and our D is getting old quick

Losing TVR hurts as he is young and one of the few success stories out of Hawks system in last decade

After Hjalmarsson made jump in 08-09 the Hawks system has only produced two quality NHL defenders (Leddy and TVR) and even then Leddy came out of NCAA after being traded by Wild and TVR was UDFA coming out of college

Nothing good has come from Rockford ,, Hawks have failed miserably to develop much talent from minors

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 10:56 AM
  #167
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL
 
VeddarRants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 15,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Shooting Neely View Post
The latest report on Hossa's medical issues confirm he will sit out the upcoming season due to his very unusual condition and the side effects from treating it. Seems the door may still be open a crack in hopes he can return. Tough situation for a terrific player. Article is from TSN.

Operationally would anticipate the Hawks placing him of the long term IR list, assuming they can, and free up an additional 5 mill in cap space. That presents many more options for them to deal with the many issues involving expansion, cap and the entry draft. Obviously not the way they wanted to create flexibility but none the less they appear to now have it.

http://www.tsn.ca/blackhawks-hossa-w...eason-1.784933
At first I thought I was getting punked, like it was ripped from The Onion. That sucks for Hossa; I had no idea.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 11:08 AM
  #168
BruinsFanMike82
Registered User
 
BruinsFanMike82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFanMike82 View Post
From Elliotte Friedman's latest 30 Thoughts
  • Sounds like Jack Capuano will join Phil Housley's staff in Buffalo.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/3...inal-nhl-game/
Update from Friedman today:

BruinsFanMike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 11:28 AM
  #169
BruinsFanMike82
Registered User
 
BruinsFanMike82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,550
vCash: 500

BruinsFanMike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 11:32 AM
  #170
nickyb
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFanMike82 View Post
w00t!

nickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 12:02 PM
  #171
talkinaway
Registered User
 
talkinaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,636
vCash: 50
I'm combing through the other teams' sites, and it looks like we're heading to Colorado on 10/11. The Garden is booked for 10/6-10/8, so we're playing somewhere else on (at least) one of those days. Vegas is out since they open the 10th, but @DAL and @ARI could be a possibility for the two games between our vsNSH and @COL games.

Which means, basically, I already hate this schedule. Two Western Conference teams? The second-best team in the league (theoretically) as our home opener? Meh.

talkinaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 12:05 PM
  #172
RetiredWBC8
Registered User
 
RetiredWBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The 973
Country: United States
Posts: 43,945
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFanMike82 View Post
Wow,...no Bergeron or Chara on that ad...I bet they are going to Vegas in a side deal.

RetiredWBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2017, 11:22 AM
  #173
BruinsFanMike82
Registered User
 
BruinsFanMike82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,550
vCash: 500
BruinsFanMike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2017, 11:32 AM
  #174
bp13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 14,413
vCash: 500
Edmonton Oilers @EdmontonOilers
The #Oilers have acquired forward Ryan Strome from the @NYIslanders in exchange for forward Jordan Eberle.

bp13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2017, 11:35 AM
  #175
ranold26
Oh them Bruins.....
 
ranold26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,634
vCash: 500
Chiarelli lol

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.