Thanks

Donnie Shulzhoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 05:58 AM
BruinsFuse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Playing Osprey on the 28th of this month with 3 foursome`s hacking our way around a fun track.

I played Glen Arbour a few weeks ago, my neighbor is a marshall there and snagged us a nice rate. In great shape, $75 buckaroos though for "non marshall" tee times. PM me as the date looms closer

Love to play with BruinsFuse to watch him break a course record and allow me to bend his ear for 4-5 hours at ways to improve my game

I can`t do Granite Springs, just can`t stand that course. far too often I`ve hit a drive down the middle and never found the thing. I like the layout, don`t like the fact the course sits on granite where far too often I feel like the golfer is punished for good shots

I don't think any course records are in jeopardy here! I have only been playing once a week or so the past few years. Some days are way better than most. Depending on what days in July those games are going to be I would be interested in meeting a few HFers for a game.
I have most of my vacation time used up for golf this summer but could swing something with the boss.
Tip for ODAAT: Keep your head down! haha Mainly so you don't see my bad ones and you still believe I can break a course record.

BruinsFuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 07:30 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFuse View Post
I don't think any course records are in jeopardy here! I have only been playing once a week or so the past few years. Some days are way better than most. Depending on what days in July those games are going to be I would be interested in meeting a few HFers for a game.
I have most of my vacation time used up for golf this summer but could swing something with the boss.
Tip for ODAAT: Keep your head down! haha Mainly so you don't see my bad ones and you still believe I can break a course record.
head down and eyes shut, recipe for success

Buddy and I hitting Truro this Thursday, city course not Mountain as they have something going on. Shorty course if I recall correctly and was in great condition the only other time I`ve played there a few years back.

You need to change jobs, any boss who doesn`t understand the importance of playing hooky and hitting the links isn`t worth working for

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 07:15 AM
ODAAT

Had the pleasure of experiencing my second sub 80 round yesterday in Truro (city course). Not the longest track in the world, not necessarily the most difficult track either but it can bite you around the greens on approaches. Either way, hit 13 greens in reg, lost balls, 0 penalty strokes, 0 three putts, usually a good recipe to post a decent score.

I love this course (not just because I broke 80), reasonably priced at $60 and I played with a buddy who`s about a 25 handicapper who can still enjoy himself there as it`s very fair, an easy walk, always in great shape and the members who play there are always fun to play with.

Old
Today, 09:39 AM
BruinsFuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Had the pleasure of experiencing my second sub 80 round yesterday in Truro (city course). Not the longest track in the world, not necessarily the most difficult track either but it can bite you around the greens on approaches. Either way, hit 13 greens in reg, lost balls, 0 penalty strokes, 0 three putts, usually a good recipe to post a decent score.

I love this course (not just because I broke 80), reasonably priced at $60 and I played with a buddy who`s about a 25 handicapper who can still enjoy himself there as it`s very fair, an easy walk, always in great shape and the members who play there are always fun to play with.
Nice, well done! I agree. Truro is a great "city" style course. The only issue is when the wind blows, it literally stinks. That plant that is right next to it creates some of the worst smells I have ever come across and that is saying something working next to the Halifax waterfront!
I will always have a soft spot for Truro because that was the course that I qualified as a pro on. Shot even the first day and was able to cruise home on the second day which ended up being a rainy windy mess.
I am playing in my first tournament of the year tomorrow. Should be interesting as it is my first one in a few years. I was unable to play in any for two years as I was on a probation period to get my amateur status back.
Golf is way more fun as an amateur!

BruinsFuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 09:59 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFuse View Post
Nice, well done! I agree. Truro is a great "city" style course. The only issue is when the wind blows, it literally stinks. That plant that is right next to it creates some of the worst smells I have ever come across and that is saying something working next to the Halifax waterfront!
I will always have a soft spot for Truro because that was the course that I qualified as a pro on. Shot even the first day and was able to cruise home on the second day which ended up being a rainy windy mess.
I am playing in my first tournament of the year tomorrow. Should be interesting as it is my first one in a few years. I was unable to play in any for two years as I was on a probation period to get my amateur status back.
Golf is way more fun as an amateur!
It was windy yesterday but thankfully my sinuses are so bad I rarely smell anything....other than the stench that comes with a double bogey

Good luck tomorrow, where is the tourney?