HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Old
06-13-2017, 08:00 AM
Mike Farkas
Grace Personified

vCash: 500
Hmph, I've been offered a couple of firsts and a 2nd for one of my top-ish players...which was a "career high" for me in this version of 07...

Trade engine is the toughest thing...because you can't stick to too much of a script, but you can't be too loose either...

YouTube Channel: The Two-Line Pass - Hockey news, knowledge, video breakdowns and more: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKAI...52Q577Q/videos

Latest installment:Ep. 4 - Brady Skjei Evaluation
Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 05:34 PM
Intoewsables

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathieu View Post
Hey guys, how come I have to put Puljujarvi on waivers before I can send him to the AHL ?

I have also noticed that there are a lots of recent first rounders on waivers.. doesn't make much sense..
I had this happen with Paul Bittner as well. After his overage season in the CHL, there was no option to send him down to the minors without going through waivers first. Luckily, I managed to sneak him through waivers for two straight seasons and now he's actually a really good top-9 forward for me ... but that's beside the point. Weird little glitch.

Intoewsables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 02:14 AM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

So i got my hands on a ehm1 database that has 32 NHL teams and 32 AHL teams... I moved Seattle to Quebec and doing 2 expansion drafts one for vegas and one for Quebec. Being the Quebec GM i have no players on my AHL squad. My General Question is when a GM hires players for his AHL where do u suggest i go? signing overage OHL, QMJHL and WHL players? Or since we can have 4 vets on our AHl squad do i sign 4 former NHL vets who cant play in the NHL anymore but go with leadership and maybe go for 2F a Dman and Goalie type thing? do i go to Europe and say sign some 19-21 yr olds who are unsigned?

HamiltonOHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 05:07 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Pay attention because (top) euro leagues count against the games limit for veteran consideration.

06-14-2017, 08:34 PM
GarbageGoal
Clint Bobski GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamiltonOHL View Post
So i got my hands on a ehm1 database that has 32 NHL teams and 32 AHL teams... I moved Seattle to Quebec and doing 2 expansion drafts one for vegas and one for Quebec. Being the Quebec GM i have no players on my AHL squad. My General Question is when a GM hires players for his AHL where do u suggest i go? signing overage OHL, QMJHL and WHL players? Or since we can have 4 vets on our AHl squad do i sign 4 former NHL vets who cant play in the NHL anymore but go with leadership and maybe go for 2F a Dman and Goalie type thing? do i go to Europe and say sign some 19-21 yr olds who are unsigned?
First you should be able to have 5 AHL skaters over the vet limit playing in any one game and as many as you want on your active roster as long as you can fill out a lineup with non-vets. I don't know what your database looks like, but you can generally find some players under the vet limit but with AHL/ECHL ability and experience by setting an age filter of 23 to 25 or 26. Sign them to one year two way deals. Or you can take over your AHL team temporarily and try to get guys on AHL deals. Overage juniors and college free agents are a decent way to go. I find most of the European guys are signed and therefore unavailable for a year unless they are really really bad and will add nothing to your lineup anyway.

GarbageGoal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2017, 04:01 AM
GarbageGoal
Clint Bobski GOAT

Has anyone using the newest database noticed that the game is wrongly counting players as young as 20 as AHL veterans?

Old
06-15-2017, 07:08 AM
HamiltonOHL
BulldogsFan00

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
First you should be able to have 5 AHL skaters over the vet limit playing in any one game and as many as you want on your active roster as long as you can fill out a lineup with non-vets. I don't know what your database looks like, but you can generally find some players under the vet limit but with AHL/ECHL ability and experience by setting an age filter of 23 to 25 or 26. Sign them to one year two way deals. Or you can take over your AHL team temporarily and try to get guys on AHL deals. Overage juniors and college free agents are a decent way to go. I find most of the European guys are signed and therefore unavailable for a year unless they are really really bad and will add nothing to your lineup anyway.
Thanks for the help very much appreciated

HamiltonOHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 08:40 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Has anyone using the newest database noticed that the game is wrongly counting players as young as 20 as AHL veterans?
I don't see this problem. Can you tell us any player?

Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 09:38 AM
GarbageGoal
Clint Bobski GOAT

Julius Honka of the Texas Stars was one.

I'll try to get a screen shot later today.

Old
06-16-2017, 05:37 PM
BarbadosSlim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
I don't see this problem. Can you tell us any player?
To add to this I had a few in my 2016/2017 season with Rochester. I don't have screenshots available but Alexander Nylander was definitely labelled as a Vet.

BarbadosSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2017, 06:06 PM
GarbageGoal
Clint Bobski GOAT

LOL, funny you mentioned Nylander, he's the example I just screenshotted.

Hasn't even played 154 games total so there's no reason he should be mistaken for a pro even if the DB mistakenly counts junior leagues.

As you can see, if a team has too many vets, it causes lineup shortages.

I've checked the ECHL too and the bug does carry over there.

Old
06-17-2017, 03:18 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso

Must still be a problem with runtime data. We will investigate.

Alessandro Seren Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 03:48 AM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Are there any plans to implement ELC contract years "sliding" when a given prospect is sent back to the minors?

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 07:56 AM
nafnlaus
#nohashtagsinthebath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Are there any plans to implement ELC contract years "sliding" when a given prospect is sent back to the minors?
This is already in the game, although the contract only slides on July 1st, when every contract is moved to the next year.

nafnlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 03:16 AM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafnlaus View Post
This is already in the game, although the contract only slides on July 1st, when every contract is moved to the next year.
Really?

Always seemed like sending players down in junior still burned a year of their contract..?

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 11:33 AM
Intoewsables

vCash: 50
Quote:
Really?

Always seemed like sending players down in junior still burned a year of their contract..?
I remember this being an issue in the past but I haven't noticed it happening for a while.

Intoewsables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 09:31 AM
Snowman

Quote:
The contracts also only slide for players that are signed to a contract either before or in the year that they turn 19. So, a 17, 18 or 19 year old players' contract will slide, if sent down in time, but if you sign a 20 year old (or a 19 year old turning 20 in the year you sign him) to an ELC they will lose a year no matter what.

I researched this in the new CBA and it appears to be correct. I have only ever been able to take advantage of this once, as I normally don't sign prospects until I get the notice that I am losing their rights.

Snowman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 11:53 PM
hockey17jp
Lets Go Jackets!

Ovechkin has 1,200 goals and over 2,300 points as a 33 year old in my current save. Trying to see how many records I can shatter.

hockey17jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2017, 03:38 PM
Evilo

I tried to use the pregame editor to create the Golden Knights and the Nordiques.
Gave them an arena, etc.. put them in a division (Pacific for Vegas, Atlantic for Quebec, moved Detroit to central), pushed the number of teams to 32, etc, etc, etc...
I tried to load the game but he told me : 3 teams detected instead of 32. Which I found weird. Then I thought, I'd push the number of teams to 33 to see which team came twice (Detroit?). Couldn't because the game wouldn't create, my DB seems corrupt now.

My question is : has anyone managed to create this 32 team NHL using TBL rosters?

Evilo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2017, 04:10 PM
Nino33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
I tried to use the pregame editor to create the Golden Knights and the Nordiques.
Gave them an arena, etc.. put them in a division (Pacific for Vegas, Atlantic for Quebec, moved Detroit to central), pushed the number of teams to 32, etc, etc, etc...
I tried to load the game but he told me : 3 teams detected instead of 32. Which I found weird. Then I thought, I'd push the number of teams to 33 to see which team came twice (Detroit?). Couldn't because the game wouldn't create, my DB seems corrupt now.

My question is : has anyone managed to create this 32 team NHL using TBL rosters?
You need to use Archi's EHM1 Editor http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums...?f=148&t=16014 - is that what you're using?

Everything you need to know is available at TBL (here's a link to the Data Editing Forum http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums...orum.php?f=110)

A 31 team NHL database already exists (with Vegas added), and my 1974 database has a functioning 18 team NHL, so a 32 team NHL is definitely doable; there's multiple things you need to change on multiple different tabs within the Editor (and you'll need to create/import a schedule too)...the "Editing league rules and structures in EHM 1" thread in the Data Editing Forum should give you some guidance

Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 12:10 PM
Evilo

Thanks.
Do you know of any 32 team roster that's available? I fear I'm not going to do it right.

Evilo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 01:00 PM
saxonmiller
Rookie User

Hey guys, new HF'er here. Been playing EHM for years, unbelievable game. Have crushed over 400 hours or so of this game.

I play it on my Mac via a Windows converter thing, it's not bad. Glad to see there are others that love the game as much as I!

saxonmiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 01:01 PM
saxonmiller
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoewsables View Post
I had this happen with Paul Bittner as well. After his overage season in the CHL, there was no option to send him down to the minors without going through waivers first. Luckily, I managed to sneak him through waivers for two straight seasons and now he's actually a really good top-9 forward for me ... but that's beside the point. Weird little glitch.
Likewise with me and Brett Howden. Freaked me right out. lol

saxonmiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 02:15 PM
Nino33

Quote:
Do you know of any 32 team roster that's available?
I don't, sorry

Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2017, 04:11 PM
Foppa
Future Norris Winner

Quote:
Thanks.
Do you know of any 32 team roster that's available? I fear I'm not going to do it right.
Somebody made one on TBL with 32...I think they added Seattle maybe and moved somebody to Quebec? I dunno, do some digging there though, I think the link to it may be in the thread I started for the Vegas db.

Foppa is online now   Reply With Quote