HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Re-Brand of the Avalanche | Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2017, 09:49 AM
Ceremony
It was dawn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Well we know it isn't white and black stripes. It is a thick grey stripe. And either a shoulder yolk or the arm band like Columbus.
The solid arm band would be the one featured in that picture. I know the stripe between the burgundy and blue seems to be grey, but it's the same basic concept so it still works.

06-19-2017, 10:10 AM
p0ck3ts
BB Pisses Genius

Old
06-19-2017, 10:16 AM
Ceremony
It was dawn

How hilariously underwhelming

Hopefully the C logo is better incorporated on the shoulders than it currently is, though I doubt it

Old
06-19-2017, 10:19 AM
UncleRisto
Not Great, Bob!

vCash: 500
Well, the C is on a blue shoulder. Can't really tell if the blue goes down the sleeve but I'd venture a guess that it does.

Old
06-19-2017, 10:21 AM
Foppberg

Am I the only one who really does not like the Colorado C? I think it looks awful, so much better in the mountain like our old 3rds.

Old
06-19-2017, 10:22 AM
UncleRisto
Not Great, Bob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppberg View Post
Am I the only one who really does not like the Colorado C? I think it looks awful, so much better in the mountain like our old 3rds.
As the shoulder patch, the C is the only way to go in my eyes. The mountain works better on the pants but I wouldn't put it on the shoulder.

Old
06-19-2017, 10:23 AM
Foppberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRisto View Post
As the shoulder patch, the C is the only way to go in my eyes. The mountain works better on the pants but I wouldn't put it on the shoulder.
Oh yeah I agree, I'd rather no shoulder patch then the C though. Not a big fan of shoulder patches.

Old
06-19-2017, 10:28 AM
Flow

Is there a time these jerseys are going to be released?

Old
06-19-2017, 10:32 AM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

The mountain logo as the shoulder patch would've been terrible. The C is really the best option.

Old
06-19-2017, 10:42 AM
Sakics Snowblower

They are VERY confident the fans will like them.

Old
06-19-2017, 10:47 AM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakics Snowblower View Post
They are VERY confident the fans will like them.
Avs social media is confident about a lot of things. I've learned to not be confident in them lol

Old
06-19-2017, 11:14 AM
madman
Deadmarsh Deli Dills

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Avs social media is confident about a lot of things. I've learned to not be confident in them lol
Pretty much. I remember when they debuted the shoulder patch at the '15 draft, so many people on Twitter were hounding them by pointing out that the entire jersey was still ugly. Boulding was just like "social media users will find any reason to complain" - that might be true, but the jersey still sucked (and it turns out the team did too!).

I don't envy whoever runs the Twitter/Facebook feeds for a perpetually struggling team like the Avs, but they don't strike me as the sharpest bunch. Not particularly clever nor engaging... I can do without an offseason filled with the "camera roll clear-out" and tweeting Carl Soderberg's statistical accomplishments for the year. Of course, then they tweet something about a highly-rated draft prospect and they use a photo of someone else. Their occasional attempts at putting together choppy little videos and gifs is pretty lame compared to what some teams are doing. At least the Broncos and Rockies both seem to have their social media teams dialed-in.

Last edited by madman: 06-19-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Old
06-19-2017, 11:17 AM
LieutenantDangle
Mikko Kardashian

vCash: 1556
#formthefuture... the catch phrases never fail to amuse. As far as their social media folks, their snapchat guy is pretty solid. thats as far as my compliments go for em though

Old
06-19-2017, 11:21 AM
Flow

Whoooaaaaaaa

Old
06-19-2017, 11:38 AM
Ceremony
It was dawn

The C on the unipron shoulders didn't work for several reasons. The unipron itself was a mangled version of a unique, original concept. The original colour scheme got put into whichever original Edge template most resembled the original design. To only change the shoulder logo drew attention to the fact that they were two distinct design elements as well as the uniprons assorted failings - nothing separating two dark colours on the home, the underarms, the piping, the fact that the piping separates the front/back/sides of the jersey and made all of those bits look smaller (as an aside, I hope the logo isn't as large any more, those were terrible) which in turn just reinforced how an original, distinctive design got put into a hideous template that resembled no other hockey jersey before or since. The amount of light colour when comparing the C and the foot is significant too as it allows the foot to stand out. The C is predominately dark colours on a dark background. I don't/didn't expect anything but the C to be on the shoulders of the new jerseys (I expected our Illuminati third to be promoted) but it still doesn't fit if we're returning to something closely resembling the original design. I also don't like those collars. At least that concept quoted in reply to @Avalanche has a collar that's too thick based on the teaser.

Old
06-19-2017, 11:49 AM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flow View Post
Whoooaaaaaaa

Away's are ok. Not a fan of the single gray stripe on the home's

Old
06-19-2017, 11:51 AM
Sakics Snowblower

I'd like to see just a shoulder yoke, with the mountain striping at the bottom. Full sleeve stripe was never my favorite look.

Old
06-19-2017, 12:00 PM
Foppa
Future Norris Winner

Lol they certainly can't please everyone but if those mock-ups are true - I'm pretty thrilled and will be looking to get a new MacK or Rantanen sweater ASAP. I can niggle about a lot of things but overall - IMO, they got it right and will probably have the biggest upgrade of any of the 30 teams in this manufacturer transition.

This looks like how I personally want my Avalanche to look.

- Burgundy base? Check.
- Brighter shade of blue to complement the darkness of the burgundy? Check.
- No unipron? Check.
- Primary A logo? Check.
- Classic Mountain striping on sleeves and bottom hem? Hell yes, CHECK.

Old
06-19-2017, 12:08 PM
electricjib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull View Post
Away's are ok. Not a fan of the single gray stripe on the home's
Bleh this team needs a reboot in such a bad way when it comes to Jerseys. If they still have black pants and such they may as well continue to play beer league level hockey like last year. If they look like that I'll be bummed.

Old
06-19-2017, 12:08 PM
UncleRisto
Not Great, Bob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakics Snowblower View Post
I'd like to see just a shoulder yoke, with the mountain striping at the bottom. Full sleeve stripe was never my favorite look.
Same here. It was fine then but I wouldn't go back to it now. I'll reserve judgement but the mock up looks kinda dull.

Old
06-19-2017, 12:14 PM
Foppa
Future Norris Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRisto View Post
Same here. It was fine then but I wouldn't go back to it now. I'll reserve judgement but the mock up looks kinda dull.
You guys are nuts...the mountain striping is what makes the set not dull IMO. Can't believe how many people want generic shoulder and hem striping that other teams already use. I think you have to do the shoulders if you do the bottom of the jersey, it just ties together. Having a traditional hockey yoke with rounded edges would totally clash with the angles of the jersey. And terminating a yoke in a hard angle at the shoulder would look weird IMO. Not a fan of how it terminates on the current thirds.

Old
06-19-2017, 12:19 PM
hughdreamz

Hate the Chicago Cubs logo is still on the shoulders

Old
06-19-2017, 12:24 PM
UncleRisto
Not Great, Bob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
You guys are nuts...the mountain striping is what makes the set not dull IMO. Can't believe how many people want generic shoulder and hem striping that other teams already use. I think you have to do the shoulders if you do the bottom of the jersey, it just ties together. Having a traditional hockey yoke with rounded edges would totally clash with the angles of the jersey. And terminating a yoke in a hard angle at the shoulder would look weird IMO. Not a fan of how it terminates on the current thirds.
People moan about nepotism and old boys club but would kill for 1990's jerseys, and drafting former players' sons.

Old
06-19-2017, 12:25 PM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughdreamz View Post
Hate the Chicago Cubs logo is still on the shoulders
Have to appeal to all the Chicago fans in the arena.

Old
06-19-2017, 12:30 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

I just want them to look like they belong together. If you have one logo and striping set on the homes, have the same on the aways. Minnesota is the worst uniform set in all of sports. 3 different uniform sets, 3 different logos, 3 different striping sets, 19 different colors, none look the same.

Drives me nuts when teams do that crap.

Closed Thread