Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2017, 01:56 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
Helle has arb rights. What comparable are you using? I suggest the compatibles will show a $2-2.75M.cap hit.
What comparables? Any other goalies with < 100 games played and =< .910 sv%.

Grubauer just finished his 2nd contract. 66 games, .922 sv%. He had an AAV of 750k. Helle will be starting his 2nd contract. Raanta, 2nd contract 750k, third contract AAV 1 mil. Raanta has played more games and has a much higher sv% and signed as a UFA.

It isn't like Helle has established himself as a bona fide starter.

Who are you comparing to?

Last edited by Mortimer Snerd: 06-19-2017 at 09:35 PM.
Old
06-19-2017, 02:05 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
Hasn't it been indicated that the NYI side deal is in place to protect Cizikas and Bailey?
That has been reported somewhere. What about Nelson and Strome? I've seen their names used as well.

Spending a mid first to protect those forwards while exposing Calvin de Haan makes even less sense than the Erat for Forsberg trade.

1) CDH is worth more than any of those forwards.
2) There is no way LVK is going to take any of them with CDH on the table so Isles are just giving them the first for nothing.
3) Snow protected Adam Pelech instead of CDH. Adam e*f*** Pelech!!!!

That is just impossible to believe unless de Haan is included in the protection from the 1st.

Old
06-19-2017, 02:10 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1G View Post
My premise is they don't want to spend over 5 mil on goalies. Not cheap , on a budget!! I explained myself a bit ago
Where did you pull that from? Your premise is just something you made up. It has no weight.

If you are right and Chevy lets the budget decide this then Chevy needs to be fired for the failure to be able to add 2+2.

I don't recall your explanation. I recall that you have a theme that Chevy is cheap, the Jets are cheap. They are on budget. Every organization is on a budget. If the Jets budget is inadequate then they are in a hopeless situation and should move to Seattle immediately.

Old
06-19-2017, 02:13 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillEmAll83 View Post
Accidentally posted this in the draft thread:

http://www.tsn.ca/button-and-seraval...ights-1.782983

Button and Seravalli both took Enstrom in their mock expansion drafts.
That says something about Button and Seravalli.

I don't believe that Enstrom would be attractive to Las Vegas. If I am wrong and that is realistic then Chevy will have protected him before Toby agreed to waive.

Old
06-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
What comparables? Any other goalies with < 100 games played and +< .910 sv%.

Grubauer just finished his 2nd contract. 66 games, .922 sv%. He had an AAV of 750k. Helle will be starting his 2nd contract. Raanta, 2nd contract 750k, third contract AAV 1 mil. Raanta has played more games and has a much higher sv% and signed as a UFA.

It isn't like Helle has established himself as a bona fide starter.

Who are you comparing to?
How many games did those guys start before signing their contracts? And did they have arb rights? Those are not comparables in an arb hearing.

Try using Gibson

Old
raideralex99
Go Jets Go

vCash: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
The rumor out that I heard is that Vegas will have 5 1st round picks after this is all done. I don't think that has ever happened in the NHL.
Last night on sportsnet they said 9 rumored deals in place.

Old
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayofthedogs View Post
Personally I believe your premise is ludacris.

Zero evidence to suggest the Jets have an internal cap on the goaltending position and quite frankly I'll be pissed if the jets spend any more than 3M on their second goalie this year. It won't be Hutch either.

Simply too many good and fairly priced options for goalies right now.
Elliott got 2.7 last year. I think he gets a bit of a raise in UFA. Maybe not though. He did not have an outstanding year. I was allowing in the 3.2-3.5 range but it might be closer to last years 2.7 x 2 years.

Old
06-19-2017, 02:17 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
Eff the DH

vCash: 949
Quote:
That says something about Button and Seravalli.

I don't believe that Enstrom would be attractive to Las Vegas. If I am wrong and that is realistic then Chevy will have protected him before Toby agreed to waive.
To be fair to Button and Seravalli, can you expect them to have a nuanced opinion on every NHL team? I don't think so. The Enstrom thing is a very deep cut. You need to know and connect the dots on things that only beat writers of the team should know.

It also makes sense if they drafted "Best possible team for 2017/2018" (Which is much more interesting to do) and not "Best team that will contend sooner rather than later"

Old
06-19-2017, 02:18 PM
ruffus23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raideralex99 View Post
Last night on sportsnet they said 9 rumored deals in place.
I could see 9 or 10 first rounders over the next 2 years. any over/under of # of first rounders? I would assume vegas would prefer 2018 draft picks for a variety of reasons.

exciting times indeud!

Old
06-19-2017, 02:21 PM
D1G

Quote:
Where did you pull that from? Your premise is just something you made up. It has no weight.

If you are right and Chevy lets the budget decide this then Chevy needs to be fired for the failure to be able to add 2+2.

I don't recall your explanation. I recall that you have a theme that Chevy is cheap, the Jets are cheap. They are on budget. Every organization is on a budget. If the Jets budget is inadequate then they are in a hopeless situation and should move to Seattle immediately.
I haven't made it up. I have just used past experiences and my own thinking to come to my own conclusion that the jets budget has hampered the team in the past. And I think it will continue. I want them to spend to contend more then anyone. I hope I eat crow. But I just don't see it happening. I will call it like I always have. It will be the one the cheapest goalies available. Closest to league minimum Chevy can get. Or it will be Helly Hutch next year. Come back to me when it's all said and done and explain to me how the jets budget wasn't the reason. And if I'm wrong I will drop the budget thing forever and lose a lot of pessimism

Old
06-19-2017, 02:27 PM
The Gnome

flames fan. what would it cost to acquire Armia?

Old
06-19-2017, 02:31 PM
peg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Frolik?

Old
06-19-2017, 02:34 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by peg View Post
Frolik?
hahaha, you can't have him back. Probably the flames best FA signing in recent memory.You guys have any desire for decent LHS dmen prospects?

Old
06-19-2017, 02:36 PM
JetsFan815
It can't be done :(

Quote:
Quote:
You guys have any desire for decent LHS dmen prospects?
Yes please.

Rasmus Andresson or Oliver Kylington, whichever one you wanna give up (assuming Fox is untouchable). Willing to throw a small + from the Jets side in addition to Armia to make it happen

Old
06-19-2017, 02:38 PM
JetsFan815
It can't be done :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Hey, why doesn't anyone like our high-potential 22-year old top-6 forward???
Perhaps this shows they don't know what they are talking about and have an outdated perception of Enstrom.

Old
06-19-2017, 02:40 PM
JetBlue420

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
Perhaps this shows they don't know what they are talking about and have an outdated perception of Enstrom.
Pretty much this. Its obvious that they pay zero attention to the Jets

Old
06-19-2017, 02:42 PM
ps241
.915 please Steve

Quote:
Frolik

Old
06-19-2017, 02:45 PM
thegr8one66

Quote:
NHL ready defenseman (preferrably left). We'd throw in something to make it even for CGY.

Old
06-19-2017, 02:46 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
Yes please.

Rasmus Andresson or Oliver Kylington, whichever one you wanna give up (assuming Fox is untouchable). Willing to throw a small + from the Jets side in addition to Armia to make it happen
Would be willing to do Kylington but would want a 2nd round pick coming back with armia. No thanks to Andersson.

Old
06-19-2017, 02:47 PM
ps241
.915 please Steve

Quote:
hahaha, you can't have him back. Probably the flames best FA signing in recent memory.You guys have any desire for decent LHS dmen prospects?
In fairness I think Joel is staying put because this is what Maurice had to say about Joel late last year:

For every forward that comes into my office and tells me they need to play with better players to produce points (chicken or the egg) I tell them look at Joel and copy what he is doing. Joel is a skilled 1st round draft pick who has learned to play a really responsible defensive game to earn minutes.

Maurice sounded like he had pompoms in his hands as he was gushing about how important Joel is to the team. I don't think it quite reached TNSE Adam Lowry level hysteria but it was in that stratosphere.

Old
06-19-2017, 02:48 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8one66 View Post
NHL ready defenseman (preferrably left). We'd throw in something to make it even for CGY.
Kulak is the only guy I can think of, but not sure if he has top 4 potential. Looked decent in the few games up this year.

Old
06-19-2017, 02:52 PM
JetsUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
In fairness I think Joel is staying put because this is what Maurice had to say about Joel late last year:

For every forward that comes into my office and tells me they need to play with better players to produce points (chicken or the egg) I tell them look at Joel and copy what he is doing. Joel is a skilled 1st round draft pick who has learned to play a really responsible defensive game to earn minutes.

Maurice sounded like he had pompoms in his hands as he was gushing about how important Joel is to the team. I don't think it quite reached TNSE Adam Lowry level hysteria but it was in that stratosphere.
Hmm. Who are these lazy entitled forwards of whom Chevy speaks?

Old
06-19-2017, 02:55 PM
ps241
.915 please Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsUK View Post
Hmm. Who are these lazy entitled forwards of whom Chevy speaks?
This was Maurice and the way he was stating it half playfully half truthfully it sounded like pretty much every skilled forward who has ever played for him who wasn't on the top 2 lines over the past 20 seasons.

Old
06-19-2017, 02:55 PM
BB88

Quote:
Elliott is not my first choice. I would prefer someone younger. But we know he is better than any goalie we have ever had. The last 3 seasons he's played 49, 41 and 46 games. That is more than any backup. In that time he has faced 3601 shots and had a .918 sv%. Jets do need exactly that.

If he played 45 games at .918 and Helle played the other 37 at his career avg of .910 our team makes the play-offs with room to spare.
He should still be the last option in my mind, but I'll take him over Hutch, anyone's an improvement over him.

But he's 32y and not a longterm solution.
If Chevy is after just a backup Raanta is still a perfect option for that role. We know atleast already today that he's an elite backup. He has 1M cap hit and is 4 years younger than Elliott, would much rather see Chevy go for player who could be with the team for 5+ years.

Raanta started his NHL career in Chicago, they traded Darling to Carolina to be their started, his 2nd team was New York who dealt Talbot to become the starter for Edmonton. Raanta has been in a great development situation in the NHL and is young enough.

I hope we get to hear lots of rumours once the trade time has been passed. Chevy make the callllllsssss!.

Old
06-19-2017, 02:59 PM
ffh

Quote:
Would be willing to do Kylington but would want a 2nd round pick coming back with armia. No thanks to Andersson.
jets are not looking to trade players off the top 9 for prospects.

Closed Thread