HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tanev to Dallas

Old
06-19-2017, 03:21 PM
GoodbyeLuongo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I can name him...it's RCS, he says the same thing about every Dman to Toronto...
There's one or two others but he's the worst. I don't know if he's just against TOR getting a dman or if he's the biggest homer alive.

GoodbyeLuongo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:22 PM
McCupofOil
Hunting A Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
If the prospect is anything of value, bad for Dallas.

5OV + Tanev = 3OV + 29OV

It's not terrible. You hope those picks turn into a guy like Tanev. Given where Dallas currently is, it's not terrible.
That's horrible for Vancouver. Give up their best asset to move up 2 spots in a draft where there's not big separation between 3rd and 5th plus a late 1st?

McCupofOil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:25 PM
50 Sheas of Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
If the prospect is anything of value, bad for Dallas.

5OV + Tanev = 3OV + 29OV

It's not terrible. You hope those picks turn into a guy like Tanev. Given where Dallas currently is, it's not terrible.

That's a bad evaluation.
The difference between 3rd and 5th overall is slim. Tanev is worth a hell of a lot more than 2 spots up and the 29th overall pick. That's horrendous.

50 Sheas of Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:26 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esq View Post
If it means Johns plays the offside or doesn't play, it makes a ton of sense.

Dallas' defense last year stunk.
Still doubt that Tanev to Dallas makes any sense seeing that they need more LD help then another RD whom has missed like over 76 games in the last 4 years in Tanev.

Giving up a #3 pick for Tanev whom hasn't been able to stay healthy is a wasted pick in my opinion.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:31 PM
FirstRowUpperDeck

Tanev is worth a late first and prospect, maybe a bit more, which is the swap of two spots early in the first of an "up for grabs" draft. Agree Stars would rather have lefty Brodin, etc., but a good D is a good D. Someone plays off side, or we make a deal for Johns to find another LHD. Or maybe Johns demotes to our 7th D.

Van may wait to see who is drafted 1 and 2, but Stars wouldn't pull this trigger until Hammer is not taken by Vegas, so maybe it really is a last minute, draft day deal. Sounds like a better rumor than swapping picks to get ride of Kari Lehtonen.

FirstRowUpperDeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:32 PM
Hockey Dad

I would not do that deal from a Dallas perspective. Not a shot at tanev but stars need a LD

Hockey Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:36 PM
OmniCube

Am I missing something?

#5 << #3
Tanev >>> #29 overall + prospect (unless the prospect is a blue-chipper, Patrick is available at #3, or both)

I'm no fan of Vancouver but if the prospect isn't someone really special what's the rationality for the Canucks to do this right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucker101 View Post
I know, but there's always 1 or 2 out of the bunch that always post in Tanev threads to talk about how overrated he is, the rest definitely understand that he'd a nice addition to your blueline.
Chris Tanev is pretty much the perfect guy to play with Morgan Rielly, so any Leafs fan worth their salt should be interested in him. I've wanted Tanev on our team for years. However, Vancouver absolutely cannot afford to trade him for cheap so it's very difficult to agree on a price; he's not nearly good enough offensively nor durable enough to justify moving Marner/Nylander for him, but Vancouver has absolutely no obligation to help Toronto out. In fact, if Tanev were traded to Toronto, of all places, for anything less than a king's ransom I'm sure the media and fans in Vancouver would have a price out on Benning's head.

If Vancouver doesn't get one or more very good future assets in exchange for Tanev they're better off keeping him to help Hutton + Juolevi + Gudbranson + etc develop (if Gudbrandson is capable of development, that is). Personally, if I'm Vancouver, I don't move Tanev for the 29th overall, a prospect and an upgrade from the #5 to the #3 unless the prospect is a very good one and/or Nolan Patrick is available at #3.

OmniCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:37 PM
Brock Radunske
안양종합운동장 빙상장

vCash: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownGoesMcDavid View Post
http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey...icipation-fear

Another credible source in the Vancouver media is saying that there are tons of noise coming around Tanev to Dallas. Ed Willes is currently in Chiacago covering the draft.

The rumor is :

To Dallas
5th OA
Tanev

To Canucks
3rd OA
29th OA
Prospect

The level of prospect is unknown. Im not well versed on Dallas's top prospects but it looks like their top prospects are Honka, Guryianov, Dickinson.

Obviously the prospect is the make or break if this trade went through as i personally dont think thats enough dor Tanev.

Could this also be contingent that Nolan Patrick is available w. The 3rd OA pick ??

There is way too much smoke regarding Tanev to Dallas, i believe this will go down.
Uh, I'm pretty sure Vancouver fans have been saying Tanev is worth at least #3 on his own, so this can't be right.

Brock Radunske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:37 PM
tylerjohnson2626

Lot's of talk about the need for LD. Who is exactly an option that can help them now? Of all the D available, I have yet to see a rumour that links a LD to DAL. Can someone fill me in?

tylerjohnson2626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:42 PM
DownGoesMcDavid

Im so entertained whenever i read ...." we dont need Tanev because our RD is set"

Lol stars dont need Tanev because thet have Stephen.Johns ?? -10 in 60 games Stephen Johns ?? Dallas Stars and their 29th ranked defence dont have room for Tanev because he is right handed??

Heres an idea....get Tanev and get rid of Johns !! Boom what a concept !

Hey you want this Mercedes ??

No thanks i have a 3 car garage and 1 of the spots is occupied by a Honda Civic .

DownGoesMcDavid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:44 PM
Brock Radunske
안양종합운동장 빙상장

vCash: 742
Quote:
Im so entertained whenever i read ...." we dont need Tanev because our RD is set"

Lol stars dont need Tanev because thet have Stephen.Johns ?? -10 in 60 games Stephen Johns ?? Dallas Stars and their 29th ranked defence dont have room for Tanev because he is right handed??

No thanks i have a 3 car garage and 1 of the spots is occupied by a Honda Civic .
I don't think the Mercedes analogy really works in this case.

What's a nice car that performs well but breaks down all the time?

Brock Radunske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:45 PM
TrillMike

I really hope Nill doesn't touch that offer.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:46 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerjohnson2626 View Post
Lot's of talk about the need for LD. Who is exactly an option that can help them now? Of all the D available, I have yet to see a rumour that links a LD to DAL. Can someone fill me in?
Brodin would be a better option at LD then Tanev at RD that's for sure.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:46 PM
dechire
Janmark Enthusiast

vCash: 50
Quote:

We don't need Tanev for the price Canucks fans are demanding and our owners hate each other so we aren't going to giftwrap our best assets for you.

dechire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:47 PM
BusQuets

Laughing so hard if Dallas trades Honka. I'm hoping for it though.

BusQuets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:50 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 9240
Quote:
http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey...icipation-fear

Another credible source in the Vancouver media is saying that there are tons of noise coming around Tanev to Dallas. Ed Willes is currently in Chiacago covering the draft.

The rumor is :

To Dallas
5th OA
Tanev

To Canucks
3rd OA
29th OA
Prospect

The level of prospect is unknown. Im not well versed on Dallas's top prospects but it looks like their top prospects are Honka, Guryianov, Dickinson.

Obviously the prospect is the make or break if this trade went through as i personally dont think thats enough dor Tanev.

Could this also be contingent that Nolan Patrick is available w. The 3rd OA pick ??

There is way too much smoke regarding Tanev to Dallas, i believe this will go down.
29th and a prospect for Tanev then

I am the KING of Alternative Facts as any hockey fan is
jumptheshark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:51 PM
OmniCube

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusQuets View Post
Laughing so hard if Dallas trades Honka. I'm hoping for it though.
If Vancouver was offered Honka + #29 + upgrading from the #5 to the #3 they'd have to take that. I highly doubt Dallas pays that kind of price, or given the tension between the ownership groups, that they trade for Tanev at all.

OmniCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:52 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Awful rumour. Would not consider that from the Canucks side.

06-19-2017, 03:53 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
29th and a prospect for Tanev then
That's basically what the Canucks paid for Gudbranson. Tanev is worth a lot more than that.

y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:54 PM
DownGoesMcDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechire View Post
We don't need Tanev for the price Canucks fans are demanding and our owners hate each other so we aren't going to giftwrap our best assets for you.
So then why hire Hitchcock the most boring defensive minded coach in history and trade for bishop only to have the same 29 ranked dcore ??

I think Dallas is heavily interested in Tanev.

DownGoesMcDavid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:54 PM
The Thin White Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock Radunske View Post
I don't think the Mercedes analogy really works in this case.

What's a nice car that performs well but breaks down all the time?
The Mercedes is a convertible-only and you live in a place that's -40 for 3 months of the year.

The Thin White Duke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:55 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerjohnson2626 View Post
Smith or Alzner for cap space.

Mr Misty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:55 PM
platotld

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCube View Post
If Vancouver was offered Honka + #29 + upgrading from the #5 to the #3 they'd have to take that. I highly doubt Dallas pays that kind of price, or given the tension between the ownership groups, that they trade for Tanev at all.
Bah, they are like the greens and ndp, if a deal can be done to make them stronger those two power hungry gm's will try and do it. Business is business.

platotld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:56 PM
Canadian Canuck
Virtanen!

vCash: 100
Awful for Vancouver, unless that "prospect" is Honka..then it's fair/favours Vancouver

Canadian Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 03:57 PM
Skinnyjimmy08
WorldTraveler

teams will have to pay a massive amount to get Tanev... a lot of people on here haven't seen him much and assume he is very average. Those people are dead wrong.

Talk to his teammates, talk to other coaches from other teams and talk to his teammates from international tournys and they will tell you how special he is

IMO that prospect has to be Honka or there is no deal I would have to assume

Skinnyjimmy08 is offline   Reply With Quote