HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT:Columbus at Chicago 3-30 7:00

Old
03-31-2008, 10:02 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmCBJ View Post
The cool thing is standings in the NHL aren't determined by straight wins and losses. Just an fyi.
Look, I really appreciate the lesson in the dynamics of the NHL's standings formula, really I do, I mean, where the heck would I be without it, no seriously because I need all the help I can get, I mean, the league is a mystery to most folks unless someone with some know-how explains it all...

Old
03-31-2008, 10:03 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Don't. I was at the Ducks-Stars game tonight and after the first period I asked "hey, where is Brad Richards at?" He was invisible most of the night in a game that was pretty important for both teams as it would help determine which team ends up 4th in the West. That was, until Travis Moen knocked him off his skates.

For a guy his size, in a very physical game, I was expecting him to be much more involved. Instead, the Stars seemed to lean on their old tried-and-true, Mike Modano.

Richards scored in the shootout (which the Stars still lost), but was unimpressive the rest of the game. Someday we may be glad we didn't make that trade.
I've been thinking much the same lately. We don't need a "saviour." There is not one NHL player available to us that can fill that role. We need three NHLers that are more skilled that what we have now. We've already discussed the positions at length.

leesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 10:09 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
I had no problem with the shootout order tonight. It was the first five or six SO losses I was referring to. I don't remember which game it was (can't be that hard to figure out though) where Foote was selected for the shootout ... but I was disgusted enough with Hitch's choices up to that point that I said in that GDT that these bad choices and giving away of points would come back to bite Hitch in the ass. And it has.

Balastik ... pfft.
I don't get the criticism. There was one game that the players "picked" the shootout order because we weren't have success (they won it in practice). After that, he settled on Peca/Zerdev/Nash. Then we started winning about 50% of them.

I don't really have a problem with who he sent out, other then that game. What was the problem with the first 2? Unless you want to yell about Chimera in one of them. What was the issue with 4, 5, and 6?

Other then that Zherdev missed the first 2 (3 total, not 5 - all at the beginning of the year when he was still proving himself).

October 10th (loss)
Vyborny
Chimera
Nash

Nov 1st (loss)
Federov
Nash
Vyborny

Nov 10th (loss)
Novotny
Brule
Foote

Nov 18th (loss)
Zherdev
Novotny
Nash
Federov
Vyborny

Nov 24th (win)
Peca
Nash
Zherdev

Dec 3rd (loss)
Peca
Zherdev
Nash
Glencross
Brule

Jan 12th (win)
Zherdev
Peca
Nash

Feb 10th (loss)
Zherdev
Nash
Peca
Chimera

Feb 21st (win)
Nash
Zherdev

March 2nd (loss)
Nash
Zherdev
Brule

March 30th (loss)
Lindstrom
Zherdev
Nash

Last edited by blahblah: 03-31-2008 at 10:15 AM.
blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 10:43 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by contingent_23 View Post
This game shouldn't have even gone to a shootout, let alone overtime.... spotty goaltending by Freddie again tonight, spotty defense as well, not being able to hold the lead. I don't blame Hitch for putting Joakim in the shootout, Lindstrom's skilled and we needed to score, He also has the most goals of any Crunch callup this season (Excluding Murray, who's suddenly become a Hitch favorite)

Freddie's not going anywhere as far as this season, Hitch will never risk tanking...ever. He's not going to throw LaCosta into the fire because Freddie has a bad game, he'll be right back out there the next game.

He'll bounce back with a better showing, he's been very up and down this season.... This season we've really seen his emotion, he wears them on his sleeve, maybe a little too much.
I protest your (you're?) methods. The water-boarding of fans with truth is a violation of HF rules.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote