HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

[GENERAL] Why to fix Finland and Sweden?

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2004, 03:28 AM
Korkki

vCash: 500
[GENERAL] Why to fix Finland and Sweden?

I can't understand why to fix two most used world boards into one massive unreadable board. I know that when watching from America's side there is just Scandinavia, no different countries. But putting two rivals into same board is just like fixing Toronto and Montreal board together. I think that those fans would like this as much as I...

This really and absolutely S-U-C-K-S !!!

Old
05-05-2004, 03:37 AM
Predatore

Send a message via MSN to Predatore
I agree, it has definitely made this board to a chaos. However, I also believe the final has been said about this and complaining will have little effect

Old
05-05-2004, 04:53 AM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatore
I agree, it has definitely made this board to a chaos. However, I also believe the final has been said about this and complaining will have little effect
I agree also. Chaos is a mild expression imo. It has also done these boards more difficult to moderate. Bad, bad decision imho.

Old
05-05-2004, 04:58 AM
Robertsson 4-ever

Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
I agree also. Chaos is a mild expression imo. It has also done these boards more difficult to moderate. Bad, bad decision imho.
Agreed.

Old
05-05-2004, 05:07 AM
Swedelicious

Yes... It blows.

Old
05-05-2004, 05:44 AM
Seiza

Send a message via ICQ to Seiza
Me not like...

I want the boards to be like they were before..

Old
05-05-2004, 07:15 AM
Jussi
Dat Times Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiza
Me not like...

I want the boards to be like they were before..
Or atleast separate Finland and Sweden. Keep Denmark and Norway under "Other Nordic countries".

Old
05-05-2004, 07:38 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTheHero
I don't like this at all... Makes it much harder to find what one wants to find :p I'll lay off the country boards for a while because this mess gives me a headache Also didn't Buffaloed ask about this once and got one big NO?
Yeah I think he did. Anyway maybe this can lead to some interesting discussions or whatever.. (trying to be positive here)

Old
05-05-2004, 08:23 AM
Kronblom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korkki
I can't understand why to fix two most used world boards into one massive unreadable board. I know that when watching from America's side there is just Scandinavia, no different countries. But putting two rivals into same board is just like fixing Toronto and Montreal board together. I think that those fans would like this as much as I...

Agree completly.

Old
05-05-2004, 08:48 AM
jepjepjoo

Old
05-05-2004, 09:11 AM
Raimo Sillanpää

This can work.. if we make some ground rules first..

both sides must give something to get something.. for eaxmple.
Sweden gives:
5-6 never happened. Never. CNN Propoganda.
Finland Gives:
Belarus 3-2 never happened. Never. CNN Propoganda.

and such..

But this really really was a bad decision..

Old
05-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Teus

Not a fan of it either.

Good idea would be if everyone put "Finland:" in front of topics about Finnish stuff, "Sweden:" in front of topics about Swedish stuff and so on...

Old
05-05-2004, 09:46 AM
Predatore

Teus and others,
As you see I have added [SWE], [FIN] and [NOR] in front of the threads. Does that make it better? easier to view?
thanks

Old
05-05-2004, 10:33 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Teus and others,
As you see I have added [SWE], [FIN] and [NOR] in front of the threads. Does that make it better? easier to view?
thanks
all i can say is

predatore, you rule! that was a great idea.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:43 PM
An Ape called Yoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korkki

Agreed. It SUCKS!!!!!!!! I hate it.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:47 PM
eh

Send a message via ICQ to eh Send a message via MSN to eh Send a message via Yahoo to eh
Quote:
Teus and others,
it makes the forum a bit more readable, but doesn't really fix the problem. That's what subforums are for, really.

I understand completely that some of the less used international boards were merged together, but I can't think of a reason for doing this to the Finnish & Swedish boards. And no, the "we couldn't let you guys have your own board when the others had to be merged" excuse doesn't do. My suggestion: Finnish, Swedish, Russian, Czech & Slovakian, Central European (German, Swiss, Austrian) and rest of the world boards.

I'm going to post this to the feedback forum, I hope others will say their opinion about the merge there as well.

I'm all for having pan Nordic discussions, but this isn't the way to have them. This is more than a minor annoyance, it makes the board almost completely unusable for most people and their needs.

Old
05-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Vman

It's so hard to read the topics now. (The [Fin] and the [Swe]'s). It's like everything is mixed up!

Old
05-06-2004, 01:45 AM
Raimo Sillanpää

the [FIN] and [SWE] makes it better, very clever idea..

but its,. hrm.. look like a bunch of posts by irc-starved CounterStrike depraved teenagers..

Next thing you know, we'll have to put [FIN] or [SWE] tags in front of our usernames..

But what do our Norwegian friends think? Haven't sene any comments by them here yet..

Ideally a seperate board for Finland and Sweden, but if not then this is 2nd best..

But why the merge, was HFBoards rtunning out of resources? Thne how about cleaning up ancient private messages and deleting usernames that havent been used in aeons? Most other BBS systems do these..

Old
05-06-2004, 06:46 AM
Flonaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo Sillanpää
But why the merge, was HFBoards rtunning out of resources? Thne how about cleaning up ancient private messages and deleting usernames that havent been used in aeons? Most other BBS systems do these..
That wouldn't do anything else than clear up hard disk space, and very marginally. It isn't the hard disk space, it's server load. Load is caused by querys to the database. All pages are composed by the server by querying for different elements from the db. More pages means more load. More querys per page means more load. And the boards main page is the primary cause of server overload. So they decided to lessen the number of querys for the main page.

I posted my comments and suggestions (sub-forums!) in the feedback thread. I hope everyone else that is pissed off does the same (and intelligently, please, that's the correct way to go about things).

Cutting the server load is good. Doing it "pissing while running" (finnish saying) not so good. A little more thought from the admins before a lot af action. Now even if they realize the need for sub-forums, some of the mods are going to be doing overtime work to sort out the thread to the corresponding sub-forums.

The [FIN]-labels were a good temp fix - but that's all. It's still pretty freaking confusing.

And of course this was easy to do to us stinking Euros... I don't see them merging the minor league forums... ;-)

Old
05-06-2004, 07:02 AM
Swedelicious

Quote:
I don't see them merging the minor league forums
Good point.

And I honestly think Eliteprospects deserve a forum of their own...

Old
05-06-2004, 07:38 AM
Predatore

Nazgullah,
That is a major concern of mine as well. The Sweden board has also always been Elite Prospects' messageboard and now when visitors enter it half the threads is about Finnish and Norwegian hockey .

I'm looking into a couple of options and I guess there is a risk I'll have to set-up separate forum, not affiliated with hfboards.

Last edited by Predatore: 05-06-2004 at 07:44 AM.
Old
05-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Korkki

Quote:
I'm looking into a couple of options and I guess there is a risk I'll have to set-up separate forum, not affiliated with hfboards.
Very good idea! Especially if you can put both, Finland and Sweden to the same forum with separated boards...
Like it was before

Closed Thread