HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yanno what I hate?

Old
04-01-2008, 07:44 AM
LaCosta Nostra

vCash: 500
Then there's a guy in 212 that shows up every now and again with his friend that talks the entire game and just spews as much hockey knowledge that he has in his brain. It's funny because he comes across to the lay-person as knowing a lot about hockey, but he's only correct in about 2/3 of what comes out. My wife has started to laugh because even SHE knows when he's making crap up, calling guys by the wrong name, etc. I just sit and smile.

LaCosta Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 08:39 AM
RickS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
The guy I cant stand sits in 103/104. Every time an unfavorable call is made, he stands up, spreads his arms far apart, and parts the seas.

In the metro tradition, I have nicknamed him Moses.
He's in 103, right across the aisle from me. He also "dances" in hopes of making it to the jumbotron.

RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 08:39 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Yanno what *I* hate? The NHL Draft. This is really getting old quick.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 08:54 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Yanno what *I* hate? The NHL Draft. This is really getting old quick.
Amen.

Unless we make a trade I am just going to yawn. I'm too the point I could care less who we get, it's all normally 3-5 years down the line before these kids can really help us, if ever. (With our drafting record, the "if ever" seems to be far more likely)

All the draft does is start the same "debate" where people ask if he's (our first round pick) going to make it on our team this year. We'll get the horde of people saying he's too young to even consider it. Then we'll get the guys that say he should make the team if he's ready. Then they will yell at each other for about 15-20 pages. When it finally calms down, either a fan from another team will stir the debate up again, or he will have a decent camp, starting the circle up all over again.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Amen.

Unless we make a trade I am just going to yawn. I'm too the point I could care less who we get, it's all normally 3-5 years down the line before these kids can really help us, if ever. (With our drafting record, the "if ever" seems to be far more likely)

All the draft does is start the same "debate" where people ask if he's (our first round pick) going to make it on our team this year. We'll get the horde of people saying he's too young to even consider it. Then we'll get the guys that say he should make the team if he's ready. Then they will yell at each other for about 15-20 pages. When it finally calms down, either a fan from another team will stir the debate up again, or he will have a decent camp, starting the circle up all over again.
So true. I had to laugh the other day when Fox Ohio did a short bio on Brassard. I never really saw Brassards face up close until that interview but when I did I was shocked, he looked like a 16 year old kid. In fact, when getting close up shots of Clay Wilson on the bench he looked like teenager to me as well. Fans see one or two Crosby like players tearing up the league at 18 and think every 18 year old top ten draft pick is the salvation to a teams losing woes-I was even sucked into that when Brule was first brought up-no more for this poster.

It's true that in this new league with free agency possible at 26 the guys need to moved along quickly but we must also remember most draft picks are not nearly mature enough to play a mans game until they are 21 or older.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Halfboard
New Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
So true. I had to laugh the other day when Fox Ohio did a short bio on Brassard. I never really saw Brassards face up close until that interview but when I did I was shocked, he looked like a 16 year old kid. In fact, when getting close up shots of Clay Wilson on the bench he looked like teenager to me as well. Fans see one or two Crosby like players tearing up the league at 18 and think every 18 year old top ten draft pick is the salvation to a teams losing woes-I was even sucked into that when Brule was first brought up-no more for this poster.

It's true that in this new league with free agency possible at 26 the guys need to moved along quickly but we must also remember most draft picks are not nearly mature enough to play a mans game until they are 21 or older.

I'll second that. When I was at HockeyFest, I was struck at how young (& frail) Brassard, Russell & some of the other players looked. They all looked like the paperboy.

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote