HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cap to Increase to $56.3 million for next year

Old
03-31-2008, 09:48 PM
Richter35

vCash: 500
I actually like the idea of acquiring havlat, assuming he's healthy when we trade for him (that he'll be healthy more than 10 games into the season is something else). if ideally two of straka/jagr/shanny can leave than i would pull something like

1st in 08
prucha
potter

vs

havlat/4th in 08

martin only has one year remaining on his deal, prucha/potter are rfa's to be with that ever valuable 1st in a deep draft. thoughts?

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 09:54 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
I actually like the idea of acquiring havlat, assuming he's healthy when we trade for him (that he'll be healthy more than 10 games into the season is something else). if ideally two of straka/jagr/shanny can leave than i would pull something like

1st in 08
prucha
potter

vs

havlat/4th in 08

martin only has one year remaining on his deal, prucha/potter are rfa's to be with that ever valuable 1st in a deep draft. thoughts?
sorry i reject this havlat deal...the man is guaranteed to be glass on ice

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 09:57 PM
BenedictGomez
1st 2say Fire DeBoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez to Jagr View Post
Good news for the Rangers for sure
But bad news for the sport. We lost a friggin' season for this?

In another 3 years only 20 of 30 teams will have a chance to win the Stanley Cup, and that sux.

This is why I have a tough time taking baseball seriously. I used to love the game, but realistically 10 teams in MLB have a prayer of winning the World Series. It's an absolute joke. I hope the NHL doesnt destroy itself like this.... I'll be down to watching NFL and golf and that's it.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

I can see Sather trying something off the beaten path and signing Danny Markov. He would be a good pickup, but im not sure what happened to him in russia. I think he suffered a major injury (trying to remember) but im not sure. Hes definitely the kind of player we could use.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:37 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post

1st in 08
prucha
potter

vs

havlat/4th in 08

i dont know how many more years he has left, but i would guess he would be a salary dump kind of deal......

so here is my offer
prucha
potter
2nd 08

havlat
3rd in 08

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:51 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
I'd like to beef up and go after Ryan Malone.
I've been thinking the same thing over the last two days (for obvious reasons.) He's that front of the net player that this team has been looking for. Depends on the price, but he's someone I'd be interested in.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:53 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
But bad news for the sport. We lost a friggin' season for this?

In another 3 years only 20 of 30 teams will have a chance to win the Stanley Cup, and that sux.
You do realize that the cap is linked to league revenue, right? It's not like the NHL is picking these cap numbers out of a hat, the number goes up because league wide revenue has gone up.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

http://www.hockeyzoneplus.com/$maseq_e.htm

what people also dont understand is how drastically the salaries were going up.

Do you realize that 4 years ago there were 7 teams spending over 60 million dollars? 4 years prior to that there were only 2 teams spending more than 50. At the rate the upper teams were spending, there would be at least 1 or 2 teams pushing 100 million dollars in payroll next year, with the degree of separation between the upper teams and the lower teams being something like 75 million dollars.

The lost year was well worth it. It ensures every team spends at least at the bottom of the threshold, which will raise every teams payroll to above the levels of the lowest teams in the 2004 season, but taper the separation to about 20 million dollars. THAT is why it was worth it. The separation between the haves, and have nots is lowered.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 03:21 AM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
There will be allot of rich teams chasing every highprofile UFA who becomes available.

Philly, Toronto, Detroit, Anaheim, Vancouver, Colorado and several several others will bid for every "Hossa" thats out there. "Everyone" will have the cap room.

It looks better and better that we paid what it took to get Gomez and Drury. In 2 seasons the cap will be 60m+. 7m for 1 player in a 60+ cap league isn't that much. Its like 4.6 in a 44 cap league.
There is no doubt about it. Signing Drury and Gomer at the price they did was great. There was no doubt in my mind that the Salary cap would continue to increase on a yearly basis.

Anyway, long time lurker, first time poster.

Let's go Rangers!

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 04:03 AM
avery16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I can see Sather trying something off the beaten path and signing Danny Markov. He would be a good pickup, but im not sure what happened to him in russia. I think he suffered a major injury (trying to remember) but im not sure. Hes definitely the kind of player we could use.

i think he was just asking for waaay to much money.. i agree that he would be a solid addition to this team..

and through out his career he has never missed more then 10 games, so he isnt injury prone..

avery16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Danny Markov could be interesting. I think I remember hearing about some kind of controversy about him though lately, don't remember what it was though...

IMO we should defenitly look for a D like him, or bring Struds back, or someone who can fill in as a 6th D and bring some muscles -- for around 550k per. We got Potter and Sauer in HFD who will challenge for a spot. We got Sangs comming up. Lifiton and Branka are outsiders. We shouldn't commit a couple of millions per for a couple of years on a 6th D; when we most likely will have someone who can fill that spot from within atleast come christmas.

One guy that I think could fit the mold as a Strudwick copy could be Lance Ward.

He's 6'3 220 lbs, have played 210 NHL games. Can fight and hit. He have been in Europe lately and I've seen pretty much of him, he would get how we want to play here in NY. He would come to NY on a 1-way 500K contract.

Ward is a former 10th overall pick by NJD in the draft. He is not a complete stiff. When he broke into the league he got a chance to play in his natrual position, as a D, but struggled early. He was then moved up to LW for a couple of season where he only was used as a pure goon.

He have now played as a D for most of 2 seasons in Sweden and have actually developed allot during that time. He would defenitly not fool anyone as a puckmoving D, hes far from that. But he would get how we want to play in NY, and could defenitly fill that role as good as Struds, if not a tad better.

He's also a pretty solid fighter and hits better and more then Struds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i2cCeYVjbg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShirts702 View Post
There is no doubt about it.

Signing Drury and Gomer at the price they did was great.

There was no doubt in my mind that the Salary cap would continue to increase on a yearly basis.

Anyway, long time lurker, first time poster.

Let's go Rangers!
Welcome to the board!

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote