HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

One Rookie Forward, One Rookie Dman

Old
03-30-2008, 02:49 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

vCash: 500
I can definitely see Byers replacing Hollweg as the 4th line LW. As for defense, my pick is Sanguinetti.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 03:07 PM
SouvenirCity

For forwards its a 3 way tie between Jessiman-Korpikoski-Byers

Each of those 3 could have a solid impact on the team, and in regards to jessiman, i would much rather see him everyday than Orr. Byers could possibly replace Hollweg, and i feel like a Korpikoski-Drury-Callahan line, would be pretty awesome

As for defense I'd have to go with Potter. He's +28 at Hartford, and is even putting up solid points. I could see him being a good complement to Backstrom

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 03:48 PM
In The Flesh

I don't get to see any Wolf Pack play, so I don't know much about Potter, Korpedo,and Byers, just what I read. I'd like to go with JOrts on Potter too, just cause I think I'd be cool to get another Girardi type guy.

Need to get some big forwards, Byers, Jessiman, etc. and guys who can fight.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 04:02 PM
NewYork4life

I would love to see Byers and Korpedo for the forwards.I'm not a huge fan of Moore I think he still needs to show consistancy.He had a bad season last year and I don't think he deserves to have a spot in the beginning of the season. Baranka is my choice for defence.

NewYork4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 07:56 PM
boby

no love for Bourret

boby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 09:15 PM
NYR Viper

heres what i want to see:

hossa(marian)-gomez-dawes
callahan-drury-sjostrom
avery-dubi-jessiman
byers-betts-orr

rozsival-baranka
tyutin-girardi
staal-backman
potter

and my two go to baranka and jessiman

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 09:35 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by boby View Post
no love for Bourret
I dunno if Bourret is ready yet, whats going on with him this year?

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 08:23 AM
aslim240

I get all of my information about the non-NHL rangers from these boards (for better or worse), I have question about 2 d-men.
1 - How come no one ever talks about Hutchinson contributing on the NHL level? Did we really trade Cullen for someone who is not going to contribute to the NHL team now or in the future?
2 - What has happened to Liffiton? I liked watching him for the handful of games he has been up the last 2 years.

Thanks

aslim240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 09:42 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslim240 View Post
I get all of my information about the non-NHL rangers from these boards (for better or worse), I have question about 2 d-men.
1 - How come no one ever talks about Hutchinson contributing on the NHL level? Did we really trade Cullen for someone who is not going to contribute to the NHL team now or in the future?
2 - What has happened to Liffiton? I liked watching him for the handful of games he has been up the last 2 years.

Thanks
1 - Hutch apparently has Pock-itis - great offense, terrible defense. (Although, according to Squishy he's improved past Pock in both areas.) More importantly, we couldn't call him up this year because he'd have had to pass through waivers. In the long term he simply doesn't have a place because of all the highly regarded young guys in the systerm who have higher upside.

2 - Liffiton has suffered 2 concussions this year - had one that kept him out for months and then got into a fight in like his first game back which put him right back on the bench. Another player like Baranka who appears to have NHL potential but suffers from the fact that injuries have slowed his progress and he's been caught on the depth chart by Sanguinetti, Sauer and Potter.

Goodness, but we're loaded with D talent. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see every player I've mentioned in this post playing in the NHL one day... (Obviously not all for the Rangers.)

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 01:50 PM
ogie

i'm gonna be the optimist here

cherpanov and Sauer.

I know alot needs to happen for Cherepanov to come over and with that he might end up in hartford but i can hope can't i? as for Sauer he looked great in camp last year and i know he has been injured, but he is a sound d-man that throws some nice hits(from what i've seen).

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 02:15 PM
bumrusherer

If we bring back the players that I expect us to bring back. There probably wont be any spaces left for someone in the minors.

But to play the game, I will say Sangs and Moore.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

Depending how Sanguinetti plays in his time with Hartford this year I would say that chances are the callups next year will be Korpikoski and Sanguinetti. But if Bobby Sangs struggles I could see the Rangers re-signing Hutchinson (who is a UFA) to QB the power play next year.

The Rangers need someone back there and one of those two HAVE TO BE with the club next year.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 02:29 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
heres what i want to see:
hossa(marian)-gomez-dawes
callahan-drury-sjostrom
avery-dubi-jessiman
byers-betts-orr

rozsival-baranka
tyutin-girardi
staal-backman
potter
I like the lineup you put out there aside from Jessiman and Baranka. I think Korpedo would make the jump to the Rangers over Jessiman because a line of Avery-Dubinsky and Korpikoski would kill with their speed. I also think the Rangers will sign at least one defensive defensman with size and strength. Will they re-sign Paul Mara to be that guy? I don't know. But I wouldn't scream if they did. I don't think Baranka can stay healthy and I don't think the Rangers would go with so many young defensemen. There has to be at least one veteran anchor on the blueline.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 02:42 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Brawler View Post
I like the lineup you put out there aside from Jessiman and Baranka. I think Korpedo would make the jump to the Rangers over Jessiman because a line of Avery-Dubinsky and Korpikoski would kill with their speed. I also think the Rangers will sign at least one defensive defensman with size and strength. Will they re-sign Paul Mara to be that guy? I don't know. But I wouldn't scream if they did. I don't think Baranka can stay healthy and I don't think the Rangers would go with so many young defensemen. There has to be at least one veteran anchor on the blueline.
the reason i say jessiman is because of the lack of size up front for the rangers....and he has vastly improved.....if they are going to resign him, they are going to want to see if he can play in the nhl.....plus, i think the rangers may want korpikoski, anisimov, bourret etc. to really dominate the ahl next year to get their confidence up and especially korpikoski who they really want more offense from....

baranka is another story....i know he cant stay totally healthy but he was called up earlier in the year and played well....he has the speed and skills to be a solid #5 or 6 and hits and shoots well.....something the rangers need....why not give him a shot...let potter and him practice and work for that last spot on the team and whoever doesnt get it can be the 7th defenceman.....

Old
03-31-2008, 05:03 PM
chosen

I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but exactly how has Jessiman improved (I never see him play) and what justifies his being in the NHL at this point, other than his being a 1st round pick?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 07:30 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

AA and Sang..

no moore, no Baranka...

SANG AND AA

but I would even more rather have Sang and Cherepanov

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 08:24 PM
2 Late 2 Anton

Send a message via AIM to 2 Late 2 Anton Send a message via MSN to 2 Late 2 Anton
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
I don't get to see any Wolf Pack play, so I don't know much about Potter, Korpedo,and Byers, just what I read. I'd like to go with JOrts on Potter too, just cause I think I'd be cool to get another Girardi type guy.

Need to get some big forwards, Byers, Jessiman, etc. and guys who can fight.
I'd like to go with Orts to, too bad we let him walk to Nashville last year.

2 Late 2 Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 09:26 PM
Richter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
I'm going to say no forward, no defenseman.

Plus take a look at the most sensible, work with what he have projected roster...

-Dubinsky-
Prucha-Gomez-Dawes
Sjostrom-Drury-Callahan
Hollweg-Betts-Orr
I was actually thinking about this earlier. suppose jagr decides he's going to omsk, thus straka back to czech and shanny signs with a team looking for a vet winger/retires. While I'd like to sign a hossa in that scenario, i feel like that would prob lead to cap problems
----sooo resign avery, scratch(or trade hollweg for a pick) and i say we bring in cherepanov/korpedo

dawes-Dubinsky-callahan
avery-Gomez-cherepanov
sjostrom-drury-prucha
korpedo-Betts-Orr
(hollweg)

2 rooks on O, hollweg can be put in the lineup for more physical teams

on D bye bye malik/strud, sign mara on a 1yr and rosy if its reasonable OR get redden with the cap space we have. No rookie dmen, but maybe as spares

redden/rosy - mara
tyuts-girardi
staal-backman
(baranka/potter)

Am i going anywhere with this?

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 12:28 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
I was actually thinking about this earlier. suppose jagr decides he's going to omsk, thus straka back to czech and shanny signs with a team looking for a vet winger/retires. While I'd like to sign a hossa in that scenario, i feel like that would prob lead to cap problems
----sooo resign avery, scratch(or trade hollweg for a pick) and i say we bring in cherepanov/korpedo

dawes-Dubinsky-callahan
avery-Gomez-cherepanov
sjostrom-drury-prucha
korpedo-Betts-Orr
(hollweg)

2 rooks on O, hollweg can be put in the lineup for more physical teams

on D bye bye malik/strud, sign mara on a 1yr and rosy if its reasonable OR get redden with the cap space we have. No rookie dmen, but maybe as spares

redden/rosy - mara
tyuts-girardi
staal-backman
(baranka/potter)

Am i going anywhere with this?
how about this

sjostrom-gomez-dawes
callahan-drury-korpikoski
avery-dubinsky-jessiman/byers
byers/jessiman-betts-orr

hollweg not signed
prucha traded

byers and jessiman add much needed size and grit to the line-up and korpikoski, with his great defensive play i think would fit perfectly with the speedy, gritty callahan and the clutch drury

Old
04-01-2008, 09:46 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
how about this

sjostrom-gomez-dawes
callahan-drury-korpikoski
avery-dubinsky-jessiman/byers
byers/jessiman-betts-orr

hollweg not signed
prucha traded

byers and jessiman add much needed size and grit to the line-up and korpikoski, with his great defensive play i think would fit perfectly with the speedy, gritty callahan and the clutch drury
wouldn't mind that but Holly is already signed through next season. it's a very young team though.

Who would u used for d?

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Kostik

Rangers are set in the middle...otherwise i would vote for AA.
I think Korpikoski has a solid chance to make 3rd or 4th line winger who can kill penalties.
Everything depends what will happen to Shanny, Jagr, Straka...three top6 wingers.
I'm not sure about Avery as well - i have feeling that he will not be back.
One of these four(two would be nice) imo needs to be resigned - i would pick JJ and SA.

Prucha-Gomez-JJ (Gomez and JJ needs to play together imo)
Avery-Dubi-Dawes
Sjostrom-Drury-Callahan
Korpikoski(Hossa)-Betts-Orr

I'm quite fine with that. Big question marks is production from Prucha, Dawes and Sjo.

on defense...Baranka is ready imo to take the step.
Good #5-6 d-man.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:51 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
wouldn't mind that but Holly is already signed through next season. it's a very young team though.

Who would u used for d?
the defence is a bit harder.....

what does rozsival ask for?
lets say something reasonable and he resigns...

rozsival-staal
tyutin-girardi
backman-baranka
potter

although i would like to see more physical play from the defence in the name of brooks orpik i dont see a spot for him unless rpzsival doesnt resign....then i would say he is the guy they should target