HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Canada-Finland live feed

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2004, 09:52 AM
  #1
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 41,858
vCash: 612
Canada-Finland live feed

In case you're at work or can't watch it on tv try this:
http://www.tw1.at/livestream/livestream.ram

Jussi is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 11:38 AM
  #2
HarryStrand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
If you possibly can, try to catch the rest of this one. Ryan Smyth almost won it for Canada in the dying seconds of regulation, but they have now gone to overtime, tied at 4.

HarryStrand is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 11:49 AM
  #3
HarryStrand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Dany Heatley wins it for Canada....

....lucky for Canada, Noranen played a rather mediocre game. Jussi would have probably put canada out of this tournament...

HarryStrand is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 11:51 AM
  #4
mackdogs*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Van, left coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
Thanks for the link Juice. My Finnish improved a lot in the last few hours. Great outing by the Oilers representatives for Canada, let's keep er going boys!

mackdogs* is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 11:51 AM
  #5
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Wow... Canada just finds a way to win again.

Next up either the Swiss or Slovaks...

dawgbone is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 12:08 PM
  #6
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 41,858
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdogs
Thanks for the link Juice. My Finnish improved a lot in the last few hours. Great outing by the Oilers representatives for Canada, let's keep er going boys!
Wasn't that broadcast in German?

Looks like Noronen can kiss goodbye to a place in the World Cup squad.

Jussi is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 12:54 PM
  #7
mackdogs*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Van, left coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi
Wasn't that broadcast in German?

Looks like Noronen can kiss goodbye to a place in the World Cup squad.
Hahaha, probably. It's all greek to me!

mackdogs* is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 12:57 PM
  #8
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,676
vCash: 500
Wow, there were a few players on Team Canada that just absolutely sucked! Brenden Morrison and Derek Morris have had bad tournaments so far and really put up stinkers today. I know Morris' play regressed this season but he just looked awful out there. Brewer had a so-so game.. he had some really good shifts were he used his body to its fullest but he also had a lot of clumsy plays that didn't help out the team. We really didn't deserve to win the game today, we're lucky Noronen played so terrible. It is kind of ironic that Noronen (the guy a number of posters here are claiming should be our next number one goaltender) blew the game today for Finland while Conklin saved the day for the Americans.

Cerebral is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 01:01 PM
  #9
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
It is kind of ironic that Noronen (the guy a number of posters here are claiming should be our next number one goaltender) blew the game today for Finland while Conklin saved the day for the Americans.
Sing with me:

It's like rain, on your wedding day...

dawgbone is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 01:02 PM
  #10
Digger12
Registered User
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Defending the border
Posts: 14,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
It is kind of ironic that Noronen (the guy a number of posters here are claiming should be our next number one goaltender) blew the game today for Finland while Conklin saved the day for the Americans.
Perhaps a case of the grass always looking greener on the other side of the septic tank?

Sometimes the best solutions to an issue can be found right in your own back yard.

Digger12 is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 01:03 PM
  #11
Allan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: United Nations
Posts: 1,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi
Wasn't that broadcast in German?
German with an Austrian accent.

On the language topic - why on Earth would the Finnish jerseys say "Finland" on them?

Allan is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 01:07 PM
  #12
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
German with an Austrian accent.

On the language topic - why on Earth would the Finnish jerseys say "Finland" on them?
I can't figure that out either. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Seachd is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 01:18 PM
  #13
AVE MAN
Registered User
 
AVE MAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
It is kind of ironic that Noronen (the guy a number of posters here are claiming should be our next number one goaltender) blew the game today for Finland while Conklin saved the day for the Americans.

Why was Jussi not backing up Noronen? Is he hurt? Has Jussi played any games in this tournament?

AVE MAN is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 01:42 PM
  #14
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Sing with me:

It's like rain, on your wedding day...
It's like 10 000 spoons, when all ya need is a knife.. I actually have no idea why Markkanen wasn't backing up Noronen..

Cerebral is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 03:07 PM
  #15
Pekka Lampinen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 1,424
vCash: 500
The coach wasn't quite satisfied with Markkanen's performance against Sweden prior to the tournament and the game against Ukraine didn't change that. Fredrik Norrena nearly reached perfection in an easy game against Denmark and took the backup's job nominally.

Noronen was a gamble that failed.

Pekka Lampinen is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 03:48 PM
  #16
Bohologo
Registered User
 
Bohologo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tokyo
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laituri
The coach wasn't quite satisfied with Markkanen's performance against Sweden prior to the tournament and the game against Ukraine didn't change that. Fredrik Norrena nearly reached perfection in an easy game against Denmark and took the backup's job nominally.

Noronen was a gamble that failed.
Thanks Laituri. While we have your attention, why don't Finland jerseys say Suomi? Is it just that many Finns speak great English? Or are there other reasons?

Bohologo is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 05:44 PM
  #17
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 41,858
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohologo
Thanks Laituri. While we have your attention, why don't Finland jerseys say Suomi? Is it just that many Finns speak great English? Or are there other reasons?
I really don't know why that was changed. It used to read Suomi in that logo but I think last year it was changed to Finland. Blame Nike?

Jussi is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 06:03 PM
  #18
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi
I really don't know why that was changed. It used to read Suomi in that logo but I think last year it was changed to Finland. Blame Nike?
That's probably it... unless it was an IIHF move... ??

dawgbone is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.