HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Preds @ Blues - 4.1.08(win tonight & we are in edition)

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2008, 10:41 PM
DManPreds11

vCash: 500
Since Rads has been on the second line he doesn't look the same, seems like he's trying to do too much, passes waaaay to much.

Old
04-01-2008, 10:43 PM
DManPreds11

Canucks 1-0, booooo!!

Old
04-01-2008, 10:45 PM
DManPreds11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
this team might have a shortage of talent, and they do.. but they sure don't have any shortage of heart...

one of the top two or three memorial games in pred history right there, and it'll be the top one if this team goes on to make the playoffs

Well said!!

Old
04-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
this team might have a shortage of talent, and they do.. but they sure don't have any shortage of heart...

one of the top two or three memorial games in pred history right there, and it'll be the top one if this team goes on to make the playoffs
It really was one of the best effort wins I have seen us play.

---

I would echo putting Radulov back on the first line. It should be noted that Hlavac is actually producing on the top line (although the line is much less dangerous.) Erat with out a top 6 center is useless. He just cannot create for himself. He needs to be the primary shooter on his line, but he isn't taking enough shots right now (too much bull-headed puck carrying around and around the zone.)

04-01-2008, 10:58 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Any update on Legwand?

Old
04-01-2008, 11:03 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Arnott was S-N-A-K-E-B-I-T tonight. He had at least 3 golden chances and put the puck high\wide every single time. We probably had enough chances to win it 6-3, but we got the only ones that mattered.

And any opposing fans who are going to gripe about the waved off goal--can pretty much suck it. No team has been more screwed by bad calls on goal wave-offs than us, this year. Whether it counts for the other team or doesn't for us, we NEVER get those types of calls. This is one of a very few.

Trig--Poile says Legwand will be ready if\when the playoffs start, MAYBE even for Friday's game.

Old
04-01-2008, 11:04 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
I need a beer ... maybe I should have continued with the GDT's since we got A POINT in Detroit Sunday Afternoon
and your welcome.

Old
04-01-2008, 11:09 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Any update on Legwand?
Predators General Manager David Poile said Legwand, who has missed the team's last 10 games with a deep bone bruise, is still not skating and will not return before the end of the regular season.

Poile said Legwand would hopefully be ready for the playoffs.

Old
04-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
It really was one of the best effort wins I have seen us play.

---

I would echo putting Radulov back on the first line. It should be noted that Hlavac is actually producing on the top line (although the line is much less dangerous.) Erat with out a top 6 center is useless. He just cannot create for himself. He needs to be the primary shooter on his line, but he isn't taking enough shots right now (too much bull-headed puck carrying around and around the zone.)
you took the words right out of my mouth

Old
04-01-2008, 11:14 PM
predhead1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Arnott was S-N-A-K-E-B-I-T tonight. He had at least 3 golden chances and put the puck high\wide every single time. We probably had enough chances to win it 6-3, but we got the only ones that mattered.
Exactly - if you told me before the game that the Arnott line would miss on 3-4 point blank chances, I would have bet the farm that we would lose. I think it speaks volumes about the character of the team when the third and fourth liners step up in a must-win game, especially given the circumstances.

Hopefully Arnott will bury his chances in the next two games . . . no need to press our luck.

Old
04-02-2008, 01:11 AM
JussiM

How about a comeback!

Stats obviously tell that Mason didn't let a goal in but how did he play overall? Any chance he might get some confidence back?

Last edited by JussiM: 04-02-2008 at 01:22 AM.
Old
04-02-2008, 01:24 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiM View Post
How about a comeback!

Stats obviously tell that Mason didn't let a goal in but how did he play overall? Any chance he might get some confidence back?
What comeback????

Old
04-02-2008, 01:36 AM
jaisen73

Hey gang... just an Avalanche visitor saying congrats on the comeback win. At first is made me furious but now that Colorado has clinched it's all good.

Seriously... good luck with the final two games. Nashville deserves a playoff spot and nothing would make me happier than seeing the Preds in and Vancouver out.

Cheers!

Old
04-02-2008, 02:25 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
Predators General Manager David Poile said Legwand, who has missed the team's last 10 games with a deep bone bruise, is still not skating and will not return before the end of the regular season.

Poile said Legwand would hopefully be ready for the playoffs.
just curious where you read that because I heard differently on the radio today from the mouth of Poile

Old
04-02-2008, 02:29 AM
PeterAngelo
In Elliott We Trust

wow! well worth avoiding the scores till i could see the replay! just about my fav game of the season.

Old
04-02-2008, 02:45 AM
Osprey

What a fantastic evening... to watch the Preds come back from a 3-goal deficit to win 2 points and watch the Avs to come back from a 2-goal deficit against the Canucks. The playoff ball is now in the Preds' court to lose.

Old
04-02-2008, 03:35 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Wow.

Didn't expect this after the first 7 minutes. I guess they didn't realize the game started before 7pm.

Good job to the door malfunction. You were huge.

Mason didn't have to stop many shots, but if he had let any in we wouldn't have had any points at all. I think Ellis got into his own head with everyone making a big deal about being named #2 star of the week and his shutout streak, and he let one in and then it just snowballed (though he didn't have a lot of help but still).

That one waived off goal now balances out every other time we got screwed on those calls. I can think of at least 3 times right now.

You know why I like Tootoo? Because he doesn't care where he is on the ice or who is near him or blocking his lane, he just fires the puck on net. And tonight it went in! Half the time the rest of the players look for someone to pass to or hold on to the puck so long that they have it taken right away from them. Zidlicky came down the slot untouched and PASSED!

to all the 3rd and 4th line guys for working so hard out there and getting us this win.

Old
04-02-2008, 04:11 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Oh and.... I didn't see Kariya getting the dive call, but I knew Hamhuis was getting the interference call. I never really saw a replay. That's 2 games vs the Blues and they only had one PP. That makes me nervous for Thursday. I was surprised that there weren't more calls either way.

Peverley #2 star on nhl.com

Nichol.

Old
04-02-2008, 08:53 AM
RollingPredFan

Well it looked like a bad rerun at first. we've done that all year... Play tentatively. Fall behind. Give up questionable goals. D-men start pinching and give up 2 on 1's and fall behind more. Rinse, repeat lol

Oh well that was huge, big kudos to Peverly, Bochenski, Toots and the grinders - they won the game IMO. Mase made some important saves, although was only tested 10 times.

We got some breaks no doubt, with Legace getting hurt and the no goal call. Maybe we are a team of destiny? hehe

2 wins and we are in. But just know they are going to make it hard on our tickers, this team is too erratic not to

Old
04-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Nichol.
Is that his "O" face?

Old
04-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Jarnberg

So lets see here:

Our bench door having a problem provided us with a long stop in play after we gave up the third goal.

Legace was yanked after the first period because of an injury. Legace is 11-7-1-6 (one tie, remember those) with 2 shut outs against us in his career.

St.Louis had a legit goal waived off which likely would have sunk us after we had literally just tied it up.

We got lucky the refs finally got a call right on the Kariya dive, which had they not called that would have put the Blues on a PP with exactly 2:00 to go.

The Blues record when leading after two (before this game): 20-1-3

Our record when trailing two, I can't dig it up, but I'm sure it isn't pretty.

I could be wrong here, but I believe that was only the 5th time that we have ever came back from a three goal deficit.

And to top off the night, Colorado came from behind to beat Vancouver in Vancouver and Calgary ended up beating Edmonton to eliminate them from the playoffs in Edmonton.

While we have been on the short end of alot of bad luck all year, hopefully we didn't use up all the good luck owed to us.

We now have the ability to control our own destiny. We're in if we win our next two games. If we can't win both of our games: We're in if we win at least one more game and Vancouver losses one game. We're in if we lose both games and Vancouver loses both games and Chicago doesn't win all of their remaining games.

Old
04-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Olaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DManPreds11 View Post
Since Rads has been on the second line he doesn't look the same, seems like he's trying to do too much, passes waaaay to much.

The answer is that when he passed with Arnott or Dumont he would usually get the puck back. With Bonk and Erat?.....not so much.

Old
04-02-2008, 01:06 PM
lugnut76

I have been pretty hard on the Fiddlers and the Smithsons of the team, but I have to admit they stole the game for us last night. Also worth mentioning IMO is Hlavc. I don't know how much he showed up on the score sheet last night but I was very impressed with his stick handling and passing. He may not be the best finisher but he seems to be a real nice playmaker and addition for this team. He might have been the bright spot on what would otherwise have been an invisible line.

Old
04-02-2008, 01:07 PM
lugnut76

I was also impressed with Hlavc last night. He really stood out on an otherwise invisible first line. He may not be the best finisher in the league but he seems like a good playmaker and a real nice addition to the team.

Old
04-02-2008, 05:24 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
just curious where you read that because I heard differently on the radio today from the mouth of Poile
http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...804010344/1028

about half way down.

Closed Thread