HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any updates on Chiphura's injury???

Old
04-01-2008, 01:51 PM
albertabound

vCash: 500
Any updates on Chiphura's injury???

Does anyone know the extent of Chipchura's injury and what exactly is it?

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Erika

Bust !!

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 03:58 PM
MrNasty

I didn't even know he was injured?

MrNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 06:01 PM
LilWinger11

Derek Wills, the 'Dogs radio guy, was on Team 990 Monday. He didn't go into much detail, but he said it's a shoulder injury and doesn't look to be too serious.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:24 PM
zurg999

Can anyone help? There was some talk on the RDS broadcast tonight. French is not my 1st language so I only caught what I think was a quote from Julien Brisebois saying that Chip could play at an NHL level now. Anything else ?

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
Can anyone help? There was some talk on the RDS broadcast tonight. French is not my 1st language so I only caught what I think was a quote from Julien Brisebois saying that Chip could play at an NHL level now. Anything else ?
According to Yvon Julien Brisebois said Chip could be called up anytime for the big club and that his injury was healed.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 09:52 AM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
According to Yvon Julien Brisebois said Chip could be called up anytime for the big club and that his injury was healed.
Thank You!

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 09:55 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Pedneault also said Julien said Chip was playing the best he has played all season and had his confidence back.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
I am not sure he said his injury was healed, just that he was playing great.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 11:33 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I don't understand why we wouldn't call him up for the center if we're not gonna use Grabovski?

A. Kost - Pleks - Kovy
Higgins - Chipchura- S. Kost.
Latendresse - Lapierre - Ryder
Kosto - Smoke - Begin.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Maxpac

The Bégin-Chipchura-Lappierre line will one day become our best shut down line since the Ganiey and Carbonneau era, guarranted

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
The Bégin-Chipchura-Lappierre line will one day become our best shut down line since the Ganiey and Carbonneau era, guarranted
Murray-Begin-Downey anyone?

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
How much more season will Bégin give us before he retire?

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 11:45 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

http://thespec.com/Sports/Local%20Sports/article/348459

Quote:
NOTES: It's possible that Kyle Chipchura may have played his final game this year with the Bulldogs. He suffered a shoulder injury on the weekend. The prognosis is that he'll be out 7-10 days but with only two weeks left in the club's season, it seems likely that they will shut him down to make sure he's ready to be called up to Montreal to be a black ace with the Habs when the NHL playoffs begin.

Pavel Valentenko (shoulder) skated yesterday and is considered day-to-day, as is Daniel Corso (concussion).

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 12:05 PM
OnePoll*

Stay injured. I never like that pick since day one. You just don't draft guys in the first round who have upside of a 3rd line centre.

I would have take Wolski anyday of the week ahead of him.

OnePoll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
I like where it says "Chiphura" in the title...

"Chip, Chip...Hurrraaaaaaaah!!!!"

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksFan221 View Post
Stay injured. I never like that pick since day one. You just don't draft guys in the first round who have upside of a 3rd line centre.

I would have take Wolski anyday of the week ahead of him.
Chipchura's "upside" isn't 3rd line. That's just his projection. His upside is/was considerably higher.

And I'd take Chipchura over Wolski today, hands down. Wolski has surprised me a bit since his draft, and while he really turned a big corner in his junior year after the draft, I still don't think he'll have an NHL career that comes close to Chipchura's. (But at least Wolski _will_ have an NHL career... which is something that I would have been quite uncertain about on draft day).

FWIW.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Chipchura's "upside" isn't 3rd line. That's just his projection. His upside is/was considerably higher.

And I'd take Chipchura over Wolski today, hands down. Wolski has surprised me a bit since his draft, and while he really turned a big corner in his junior year after the draft, I still don't think he'll have an NHL career that comes close to Chipchura's. (But at least Wolski _will_ have an NHL career... which is something that I would have been quite uncertain about on draft day).

FWIW.

just wow.... Wolski already has two 50 points season under his belt and has top 6 potential, while Chipchura is not even in the NHL and who's upside is not anything higher than a good 4th liner / okay 3rd liner...

Enough said...

Old
04-02-2008, 12:32 PM
TCIH

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiro View Post
just wow.... Wolski already has two 50 points season under his belt and has top 6 potential, while Chipchura is not even in the NHL and who's upside is not anything higher than a good 4th liner / okay 3rd liner...

Enough said...
Yes, because we have way too many elite shutdown-potential centers, and not enough potential top six forwards.

TCIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityIsHockey View Post
Yes, because we have way too many elite shutdown-potential centers, and not enough potential top six forwards.
Elite ?!?! Give me a break !! Chipchura hasn't proved me anything while he was in Montreal. So stop with the "Elite shutdown-potential" myth thing and let's wait until the guy can be a regular in the NHL first.

Old
04-02-2008, 12:44 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityIsHockey View Post
Wolski is a better prospect/young player than Chipchura... only homers think otherwise... with that said, I'd prefer having Chipchura than Wolski, because we need a future 3rd line shutdown center.

And btw, he doesn't have much potential... his max ceiling is an average 2nd line center... it's not that much higher than the 3rd line projection...

...I still don't understand all the fuss surrounding this prospect... there's not a ****ing week (maybe day) that passes without mentionning him. We just won the division, we got 100 pts, a surplus of bench players and veterans and people talk as if Chips was the missing ingredient!?

He was sent down because he wasn't better than what we already have on the roster and because he still needs time to develop... let him be and don't forget he's a 21yo rookie who still has a lot of work to do before becoming an impact player...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Bulis hit

Quote:

Enough said...
You're not god. You do not know.

In fact, that comment is quite ignorant. Chipchura showed great poise and promise in his stint in the NHL. He's very young. For now, Habs didn't want one more rookie, but in the next years, he'll be an important part of the Habs.

Man I hat when people make so ignorant comments sometimes. Looks like all that matters are the points scored, nothing else.

I believe Pahlsson played a bigger part than Dustin Penner in Anaheim's last cup...

Bulis hit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Elite ?!?! Give me a break !! Chipchura hasn't proved me anything while he was in Montreal. So stop with the "Elite shutdown-potential" myth thing and let's wait until the guy can be a regular in the NHL first.
Well, I don't think Chipchura was going out to prove himself to you. Just imo though.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 12:49 PM
OnePoll*

Chipchura is now becoming a bit useless. Wolski on our team right now would have been a great upgrade.

Olivier Fortier, Ryan White, Maxim Lapierre and Kyle Chipchura.

Four potential 3rd line center...

I bet White or Fortier will do better.

OnePoll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 01:16 PM
TCIH

Quote:
You said Wolski has top 6 potential. I say Chipchura has shutdown center potential.

Why couldn't he be elite? Is there something holding him back from being one of the better shutdown centers in the league when he hits his prime? Aside from, you know, talking to the devil himself Chris Higgins occasionally.

TCIH is offline   Reply With Quote