HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The lack of....will cost us

Old
03-30-2008, 06:05 PM
levski87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstraka82 View Post
i would take Jagr back with me, cause he is amazing may have not been dominant but what are you gonna do?, wow reminds me because A-Rod was doing bad two years ago we should have shipped him back to texas huh?, he is great and there is no other player i would rather have than him.

Are we watching the same Jagr from this season?... The team will be BETTER off without his old fat ass. Hes never going to be dominant again. He doesn't hit, he gives up the puck pretty frequently. His cyclign is just ridiclous. He's got the same wraparound shot that goes in once every 75 games. He cries about his boyfriend... We are dealing with a PMSing forward who just needs to retire already. I'd give him 2 million dollars TOP to play for us.Also,put him on the 4th line. THe guy is washed up. It's sad how people still believe he has something in him. He is NOT going to lead us to a cup, please realize this.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 06:21 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Its part declining skills, perhaps a few nagging injuries, but also a stunning lack of creativity to his game this year.

If we know what he is going to do when he has the puck along the right boards then it isn't to tough for the other team to figure out that he is going to stick his arse out, spin towards the faceoff circle and try to snap it.

jj has become a player.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 06:26 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Jeezzz...every1 relax...

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 07:33 PM
mstraka82

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Are we watching the same Jagr from this season?... The team will be BETTER off without his old fat ass. Hes never going to be dominant again. He doesn't hit, he gives up the puck pretty frequently. His cyclign is just ridiclous. He's got the same wraparound shot that goes in once every 75 games. He cries about his boyfriend... We are dealing with a PMSing forward who just needs to retire already. I'd give him 2 million dollars TOP to play for us.Also,put him on the 4th line. THe guy is washed up. It's sad how people still believe he has something in him. He is NOT going to lead us to a cup, please realize this.
YOU are fake and jump off the ship when stuff goes wrong thats what you are, He is amazing not as good as he used to be, but still has it , people like you should appreciate the little things he does

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 07:49 PM
NYRSinceBirth

The lack of no one in front of the net (We need someone bigger than Aves) kills us for the PP. I said this back in what, Dec/Jan, a Holmstrom type player goes unnoticed, but is tremendously important.

I don't care what anyone says, Backman's got one of the better shots from the point. It gets to the net, and is usually on net, unlike one Paul Mara's shot which is almost never on point. I hate the guy, but Malik's shot gets to the net too, Rozy's used too but I don't know what happened to it.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

lack fo men going to the net.

too much perimeter stuff. i watched most of todays game, and it was the same old problem. too much stuff to the outside. it seems only the small midgets, like drury, callahan, and avery go to the net with any kind of consistency.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 09:43 PM
levski87

Quote:
YOU are fake and jump off the ship when stuff goes wrong thats what you are, He is amazing not as good as he used to be, but still has it , people like you should appreciate the little things he does
Not really.. a few months ago I said the same thing. Jagr needs to go. I even made a thread about it. Stuff goes wrong? LOL. No. He just sucks now!

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
lack fo men going to the net.

too much perimeter stuff. i watched most of todays game, and it was the same old problem. too much stuff to the outside. it seems only the small midgets, like drury, callahan, and avery go to the net with any kind of consistency.
Glad to see your back inferno... Hope everything is getting better.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Who are you?
Dont know why thats important, but if you must know, Im just a loyal Ranger fan that enjoys watching the current incarnation of this franchise, which is a playoff team that can beat any team in the conference on any given night. In my mind, thats pretty nice considering the Rangers were coming off 7 straight years without the playoffs and hitting rock bottom 4 shortyears ago.

While I may not be privy to how Jagr acts in the lockeroom, or the overall emotions of the players (Ill leave that information for you to provide), I am one of the thousands of Rangers fans who actually enjoys watching the team, because Im not a hypocrite and will be the first to admit that a competitive team like this is all I prayed for from 97-04.

In a word, you come off as miserable, and its kind of sad. Were you prohibited from wearing a belt and shoelaces back when the team and players actually did suck?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 10:38 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

there you have it, shoot the damn puck

love you drury.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:31 PM
blandBob

The stupid powerplay, due to the lack of quick, spontaneous puck release. Although it sounds reasonable , I'm getting tired of the phrase "the shooting lanes are clogged". If they are, it's cause we gave them way too much time to set up against us. Even then, the howitzer that Drury scored with was not exactly without risk of being blocked. And if the powerplay is actually waiting for the 'perfect shot' why don't they realize that sloooowly setting up and moving the puck around pretty much ensures they won't get it.

Get some speed going, quit being so damned methodical with the puck movement, it's a bummer watching it and all that careful movement actually hurts instead of helps. The true talent often comes out and shines when it doesn't have time to second guess itself. If our powerplay is the result of practicing a strategy from the coaches, I wish the PP unit would throw it out of the rink the next time they jump over the boards.

blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2008, 11:48 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
The lack of killer instinct will cost us.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Unk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogueMahone View Post
The stupid powerplay, due to the lack of quick, spontaneous puck release. Although it sounds reasonable , I'm getting tired of the phrase "the shooting lanes are clogged". If they are, it's cause we gave them way too much time to set up against us. Even then, the howitzer that Drury scored with was not exactly without risk of being blocked. And if the powerplay is actually waiting for the 'perfect shot' why don't they realize that sloooowly setting up and moving the puck around pretty much ensures they won't get it.

Get some speed going, quit being so damned methodical with the puck movement, it's a bummer watching it and all that careful movement actually hurts instead of helps. The true talent often comes out and shines when it doesn't have time to second guess itself. If our powerplay is the result of practicing a strategy from the coaches, I wish the PP unit would throw it out of the rink the next time they jump over the boards.
Granted the powerplay sucks and they take too much time, but I think its the passing. They seems very choppy in their offense, not very good passing. When you're players have to spend 5 seconds to stop fumbling the puck and even then are liable to lose it, its very hard to make for a nice quick play.

So I guess its the lack of offensive cohesion maybe?

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 01:00 AM
blandBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
Granted the powerplay sucks and they take too much time, but I think its the passing. They seems very choppy in their offense, not very good passing. When you're players have to spend 5 seconds to stop fumbling the puck and even then are liable to lose it, its very hard to make for a nice quick play.

So I guess its the lack of offensive cohesion maybe?
I think that is a good point. It really does matter if your passes are soft, they take a long time to get to where they are going. I find it really tough watching the passing, NYR could really do it a lot better. I actually believe the PP could improve soon if they would just play hard and subtract a few cycles from their thought processes, just do what feels good and be spontaneous, like what Drury does every game. I'm starting to think there are all kinds of bad things going on with 'practicing' the power play, screw it, just play more naturally, with the right players of course. And, gadzooks, one of them may not be Jagr. He's been playing well and is a real force, but I don't often see him being part of a dynamic powerplay.

blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 02:55 AM
TheZherdev

Quote:
i would take Jagr back with me, cause he is amazing may have not been dominant but what are you gonna do?, wow reminds me because A-Rod was doing bad two years ago we should have shipped him back to texas huh?, he is great and there is no other player i would rather have than him.
i cant believe you just compared Jagr to A-rod, better yet i cant believe you compared a baseball player to a hockey player.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote