HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Larry Brooks ***** slaps Marty

Old
03-27-2008, 11:33 PM
nyrmessier011

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Good for Mr Brooks to point this out in the papers. 100% correct.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:38 PM
sattar18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
Good for Mr Brooks to point this out in the papers. 100% correct.
how is it 100% correct, brooks misquotes marty and says he lundqvist is weird but doesnt say how, marty said he playing style is wierd, since marty plays the stand up/ half butter fly while henrik plays the butterfly. Next time people should read the whole article before they start to make assumption

sattar18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2008, 11:55 PM
HenriksBetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattar18 View Post
how is it 100% correct, brooks misquotes marty and says he lundqvist is weird but doesnt say how, marty said he playing style is wierd, since marty plays the stand up/ half butter fly while henrik plays the butterfly. Next time people should read the whole article before they start to make assumption
He is correct in the fact that now that the Devils are on the short end of things the rivalry is all of a sudden no big deal to Martha and the Devils. But when the Devils were dominating the games were huge and meant so much.

I fail to see how Lundqvist's style of play should be seen as weird by anyone, especially Brodeur. The butterfly style has been around for quite awhile now. There have been plenty of other goalies that have played that style before Henrik. I just think it was yet another way for Brodeur to slight the Rangers.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2008, 12:20 AM
JayMan82

Quote:
I wonder if Marty was ever quoted as saying Patrick Roy's style was 'wierd'... Obviously Marty doesn't like Henke and the Rangers (If it was ever a secret in the first place)... Big fricken deal!!! No need to defend what the big guy said, he is an adult...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2008, 12:30 AM
sattar18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriksBetter View Post
I fail to see how Lundqvist's style of play should be seen as weird by anyone, especially Brodeur. The butterfly style has been around for quite awhile now. There have been plenty of other goalies that have played that style before Henrik. I just think it was yet another way for Brodeur to slight the Rangers.
brodeur said the butterfly was wierd to him, NOT a shot at lundqvist he just never used the butterfly and thus thinks its weird. And if you ask most butterfly goalies they would tell you the way marty or hasek play is weird.

Old
03-28-2008, 12:32 AM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
brodeur said the butterfly was wierd to him, NOT a shot at lundqvist he just never used the butterfly and thus thinks its weird. And if you ask most butterfly goalies they would tell you the way marty or hasek play is weird.
How the hell do you know what marty meant by his statement? He in no way made it clear...

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2008, 12:35 AM
sattar18

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
How the hell do you know what marty meant by his statement? He in no way made it clear...
did you read the orginal article? where he stated that he finds the butterfly style weird

Old
03-28-2008, 12:46 AM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
did you read the orginal article? where he stated that he finds the butterfly style weird

"The way he plays the game," said Marty in SI, "is not something I like too much. Lundqvist is weird."

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2008, 12:51 AM
JayMan82

Quote:
Have you ever played goalie??? I have for 14 years... I have TRIED to pattern my style around Marty/35 throughout my playing days (categorizing myself as a stand-up), and to say a certain style is 'weird' is plain outlandish (only exceptions being Hasek and Tim Thomas)... Marty and Henke CLEARLY have organized methods of stopping the puck... Stop defending your boy, he doesn't like Henrik and he said weird for other reasons... They're rivals for goodness sakes, he's allowed to dislike a competitor!!!

Tag It, and Bag It!!!

Old
03-28-2008, 12:53 AM
sattar18

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
"The way he plays the game," said Marty in SI, "is not something I like too much. Lundqvist is weird."
he obviously stating the butterfly that lundqvist uses. if anyone thinks that he's taking a shot at him is just reading to much into it. And he has also called lundqvist one of the 3 best goalies in the NHL.

Old
03-28-2008, 12:54 AM
JayMan82

Quote:
he obviously stating the butterfly that lundqvist uses. if anyone thinks that he's taking a shot at him is just reading to much into it. And he has also called lundqvist one of the 3 best goalies in the NHL.
I betcha he puked after he said that... Are you arguing for the sake of arguing???

Old
03-28-2008, 01:08 AM
sattar18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
I betcha he puked after he said that... Are you arguing for the sake of arguing???
no just stating the facts

Old
03-28-2008, 08:28 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I wonder what Marty said last night.

After not giving ANY credit whatsoever to Dawes (saying he got "lucky") for his shootout winner in the Rangers 6th win against the Devils - seeing that puck go in off of Dawes' back for the game winner was extra extra special. (and ironic!)

Was that one lucky Marty?

Gotta love it.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2008, 08:30 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
Have you ever played goalie??? I have for 14 years... I have TRIED to pattern my style around Marty/35 throughout my playing days (categorizing myself as a stand-up), and to say a certain style is 'weird' is plain outlandish (only exceptions being Hasek and Tim Thomas)... Marty and Henke CLEARLY have organized methods of stopping the puck... Stop defending your boy, he doesn't like Henrik and he said weird for other reasons... They're rivals for goodness sakes, he's allowed to dislike a competitor!!!

Tag It, and Bag It!!!
Did you happen to catch Cangelosi and Chico before the game defending Marty?

The failed to mention that Broduer said he didnt "like his style of play" - I love this whole thing. I am eating it up.

Old
03-28-2008, 08:49 AM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Did you happen to catch Cangelosi and Chico before the game defending Marty?

The failed to mention that Broduer said he didnt "like his style of play" - I love this whole thing. I am eating it up.
There's just something (Avery) that pisses Marty off much more than any other team, and I love it!!!

Old
03-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Edge

Well Brodeur was very much the heir to Patrick Roy. Both in ability to play and in the ability to make you just roll your eyes.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 12:08 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

brodure is a creep. he's a self- centered egotistical loser who thinks lumpys "weird" because he's beat him 6/6 this year. he thinks he's so great no one can beat him.

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 12:17 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
brodure is a creep. he's a self- centered egotistical loser who thinks lumpys "weird" because he's beat him 6/6 this year. he thinks he's so great no one can beat him.
uh, i dont think a guy whos won 3 stanley cups and makes over 5 million dollars a year should be labeled a "loser", but alright...

Oh and 7/7 not 6/6...

Old
03-31-2008, 12:55 PM
HBK27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
I this "Brodure" guy must also be physic, since he made the comments something like 3 months ago.

I'm actually really surprised he didn't just let Weekes get a few starts against the Rangers since he knew he was going to lose all those games...

HBK27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 03:31 PM
NYRKing

I'm sick of Brodeur I can't wait for him to retire. I totally respect him as a player, he's one of the best, but he has no class and he seems very pathetic these days with his cry-baby comments after losing. I'm tired of hearing Henrik doing the right thing while Brodeur attacks him, it's embarrassing to listen to Brodeur who such a great player hate on a great young goalie like Henrik.

NYRKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2008, 03:32 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
It's amazing to me that after all these years Ranger fans A) are surprised by what he says and B) care what he says.

04-02-2008, 12:23 AM
strongbad3689

marty is clearly jealous that hank got voted as one of the top 100 most beautiful people

strongbad3689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 09:09 AM
segmentation fault

Quote:
How is it obvious when he makes no mention of the butterfly? I think youre reading too much into it by thinking Marty means something he doesnt.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote