HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which series will get stuck with Cassie Campbell ?

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Megaforce

vCash: 500
Repeatedly calling our top defenceman Danny Markov kinda stunk. And yeah, she's way too monotone. And she's got weird stuff going on with her hair, but I say let her develop. Maybe she'll bloom. Female journalists aren't risk takers and there's no reward without risk. Maybe she can learn to live on the edge a bit.

Old
04-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Slippy13

I love everyone trying to be politically correct in this thread hehe.

PC or not and bluntly put, she sucks as a commentator. Far too monotonous voice and bland color commentary that is only reminiscent of a poorly funded figure skating competition.

Old
04-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I have no problem with a gold medal winning athlete giving me her perspective on the sport she excelled in. Maybe I'm just being newfangled, but it doesn't make me feel "unnatural" at all.
I respect your opinion but to me women's hockey is like the WNBA compared to the NBA. It's just not the same game at all. It has less speed, less power, less everything. It's like shinny hockey at the local rink.

So her opinion of the game doesn't really work with me just because she won a gold medal in a sport where there's 2-3 good teams.

Old
04-02-2008, 01:20 PM
HabstuckinTO

Doesn't really matter to me - I'll be watching on RDS. If it's that knucklehead Cole, though, I'll flip to CBC after the odd Hab goal to hear him (and his CBC buddies) forced to say something mildly positive about the Habs.

Old
04-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Slippy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabstuckinTO View Post
Doesn't really matter to me - I'll be watching on RDS. If it's that knucklehead Cole, though, I'll flip to CBC after the odd Hab goal to hear him (and his CBC buddies) forced to say something mildly positive about the Habs.
BLASPHEMY! THE TORONTO GODS WON'T ALLOW IT!

Old
04-02-2008, 01:23 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I respect your opinion but to me women's hockey is like the WNBA compared to the NBA. It's just not the same game at all. It has less speed, less power, less everything. It's like shinny hockey at the local rink.

So her opinion of the game doesn't really work with me just because she won a gold medal in a sport where there's 2-3 good teams.
Wait a minute, stop the presses. Are you saying that comparing women's hockey to men's hockey is like comparing women's basketball to men's basketball ?

You guys are just mean. Cassie's fine. Well, she's fine in that there isn't an analyst currently working on HNIC that I could care less if I heard again. She's just as bland as the rest, I find it to be a tired old show that's redeemed by having hockey.

Does anyone watch their 30 min. pre-game show on Saturdays ? Ever ? If so, I could record myself reading War And Peace aloud and mail you tapes, as it would be a more pleasant half hour.

That was pretty snotty of me, I need a nap.

Old
04-02-2008, 01:28 PM
neofury*

I think what's more important is, who will be stuck with the worst officiating

I'd gladly take Kerry Frazier over the guy from the Toronto game who's practically in the pockets of Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Wait a minute, stop the presses. Are you saying that comparing women's hockey to men's hockey is like comparing women's basketball to men's basketball ?

You guys are just mean. Cassie's fine. Well, she's fine in that there isn't an analyst currently working on HNIC that I could care less if I heard again. She's just as bland as the rest, I find it to be a tired old show that's redeemed by having hockey.

Does anyone watch their 30 min. pre-game show on Saturdays ? Ever ? If so, I could record myself reading War And Peace aloud and mail you tapes, as it would be a more pleasant half hour.

Yeah, I watch it all the time

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-02-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old
04-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:

Which version?

And Please do, I'd listen to those... start a youtube channel would be the most awesome pre-game show ever

Old
04-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Oh boy... welcome to the neanderthal world

Except the mistakes she makes with the players names (which all of the other teams commentators make)... she's pretty good... I still recall that she was the first to notice how great the AK46 goal was against Philly... she saw it right away and gave him huge praise because she knew how hard it was... while others were still wondering how Niittymaki didn't make that simple save...
She's incredibly monotone and uninteresting, like dinner time at the Mcphee household.

Old
04-02-2008, 02:06 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
She's incredibly monotone and uninteresting, like dinner time at the Mcphee household.
We pretty well watch Dr.Phil and use TV trays.

Old
04-02-2008, 02:26 PM
SmurfsFTW
Wait.. WUT ?!

Even if she says 'KotSyTSin', it wouldn't be worse than Yvon... My expectations are becoming so low about commentators, most of the time I don't even listen to what they say, so pathetic. Anyway I hope we have a bit of Jim Hughson, at least he's not boring to hear.

Old
04-02-2008, 02:36 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
She's incredibly monotone and uninteresting,
She might be, but I can't stand the opposite, like the Buffalo guy who just screams his lungs out each time a Sabre skates near the goal crease...

Basically, her job his to analyse not describe... I couldn't care less how colorfull her analysis are... look at that idiot of Cherry he's colorfull alright, but he's 30 years too late...

Old
04-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
She might be, but I can't stand the opposite, like the Buffalo guy who just screams his lungs out each time a Sabre skates near the goal crease...

Basically, her job his to analyse not describe... I couldn't care less how colorfull her analysis are... look at that idiot of Cherry he's colorfull alright, but he's 30 years too late...
Rick Jeanneret does play by play though and not colour commentary.

Quote:
We pretty well watch Dr.Phil and use TV trays.
Your family tree has no branches.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-02-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old
04-02-2008, 02:59 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy13 View Post
I love everyone trying to be politically correct in this thread hehe.

PC or not and bluntly put, she sucks as a commentator. Far too monotonous voice and bland color commentary that is only reminiscent of a poorly funded figure skating competition.
As a former figure skater, trust me, figure skating has exactly the opposite problem... the commentators talk too damn much and the less they know (Tom Hammond at the last Olympics) the more they talk and blather on about their opinions- which, without the knowledge of the technical side of the sport, generally make no sense.

That said, I agree that Cassie Campbell needs to work on her inflection. She's very monotone, and it's tough to get interested in what someone's saying when they're talking with so little emotion.

Anyone want to accuse me of being sexist?

Old
04-02-2008, 03:00 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Your family tree has no branches.
I'll have you know that my Mom had lunch yesterday. Well, she has luch most days but yesterday it was with trhe Great Aunt of a former NHL player, turned televison personality, this Great Aunt being Mom's first cousin,making said player either my 4th cousin or cousin 3 times removed .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
As a former figure skater, trust me, figure skating has exactly the opposite problem... the commentators talk too damn much and the less they know (Tom Hammond at the last Olympics) the more they talk and blather on about their opinions- which, without the knowledge of the technical side of the sport, generally make no sense.

That said, I agree that Cassie Campbell needs to work on her inflection. She's very monotone, and it's tough to get interested in what someone's saying when they're talking with so little emotion.

Anyone want to accuse me of being sexist?
I was going to make a play on words joke with your last line, but I didn't. I just may be growing up.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-02-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old
04-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
as long as we get Jim Hughson, I dont care about the rest of the CBC team we get.

Old
04-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Rayne*

I wish some of you would come off it. Bob Cole is not a huge Leafs homer. He broadcasts each game with the same amount of enthusiasm regardless of who's playing. His only problem is he now gets half the names wrong.

Old
04-02-2008, 03:30 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
How much are we talking?

I mean when we took that road trip together I just did not get enough.

Can you just make mp'3s and upload them?

Old
04-02-2008, 03:41 PM
tinyzombies

I prefer her to Don Cherry. I want to see women broadcasters, not men. Unless the guy is great and really has something to say (rare).

I desperately hope we get Jim Hughson though. I guess that would mean rooting against Vancouver making the playoffs though, which I don't really want to do. They'll probably stick him on the Calgary series anyway.

Hopefully we don't get a Cole/Neale deal. That would suck.

Old
04-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

I don't have a problem with her as long as she's not with Mark Lee. The two of them are the most boring commentary team ever.

Old
04-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Lets hope its not us
we will be top on the cbc pecking order, so I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I have no problem with a gold medal winning athlete giving me her perspective on the sport she excelled in. Maybe I'm just being newfangled, but it doesn't make me feel "unnatural" at all.
The difference is, womens hockey isn't actually hockey.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-02-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old
04-02-2008, 03:51 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
It's not like Bob Cole or Jim Hughson ever played in the NHL.

Old
04-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Hughson will be doing Vancouver if they make it, Bob Cole will undoubtably be doing our games...

Old
04-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreHab View Post
She's horrible. And it's not even a sexist thing. My wife even mentioned how terrible she is. She has this steady monotone boring voice and every she says sounds awkward like she's terribly uncomfortable.
Agreed. She seems like a nice girl but she is dreadfully flat and boooring!

She actually succeeds in sucking (that word again) the excitment out of an awesome hockey game.

Old
04-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
You've spoken the truth amigo, prepare for the politically correct to jump down your throat

It would be like me, an 11 handicap, analyzing Tiger's game and pointing out his errors.

Closed Thread