HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Beer league in Vancouver area

Old
04-02-2008, 04:31 PM
KBstyle

vCash: 500
Beer league in Vancouver area

I plan to move to Vancouver next year. How much it cost to play once a week in a beer league?

Thx.

KBstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Beer anyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBstyle View Post
I plan to move to Vancouver next year. How much it cost to play once a week in a beer league?

Thx.
Not sure, but in Kankakee, Il. it $230.00 for 13 weeks and it comes with a 13 beer punch card.

Headcoach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 12:05 AM
nikebauer

Send a message via MSN to nikebauer
here's just two leagues for you to see the price range:

http://www.vachl.com/
http://ice604.com/

just click on the registeration links

nikebauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 01:14 AM
604flames

ASHL cost me ~ 700 for last season..

604flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2008, 04:20 PM
We'reGonnaWin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604flames View Post
ASHL cost me ~ 700 for last season..
You team manager is ripping you off. For a 16 game season, it's around $360 for a 15 player team.

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2008, 07:40 PM
KBstyle

Dam i play 32 game here for 390$ and i can left my equipement in the room.

At 500$ a year seem ok for me. Now i just hope that i will be able to find one. Maybe my first will be only for replacement.

Old
04-04-2008, 10:03 PM
OilerNut*

It is expensive to play in Vancouver, lack of ice.

Here are some leagues with last season prices, expect them to rise a bit for the next season:
Delta HNA http://www.hna.com (32 games - $11,800)
Delta/Coquitlam http://planetice.ca/ (36 games - $10,500)
Maple Ridge http://planetice.ca/ (30 games - $8,250)
Burnaby ASHL - http://www.icesports.com (Can't find last years price)
Burnaby ICE604 - http://ice604.com/ (Spring 21 games - $5,500)

So yeah I would allow up to $700 to play this upcoming winter plus ~$100 for a jersey/socks.

I'll be playing in the ICE604 league in the spring.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2008, 09:14 PM
KBstyle

It's big money but here i play in 2 league, one at 390$ (32 games)and the other at 350$ (30 games) so i think i can pay 700$ to play hockey.

But i need minimum 30 games. The price for Ice604 seem ok but only 21 games. If it's the price i don't have the choice.

Old
04-05-2008, 09:38 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
It's big money but here i play in 2 league, one at 390$ (32 games)and the other at 350$ (30 games) so i think i can pay 700$ to play hockey.

But i need minimum 30 games. The price for Ice604 seem ok but only 21 games. If it's the price i don't have the choice.
What leagues?

I need to get back into it next season after a couple seasons without playing in a league.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 01:00 PM
droller*

I've played in two of the leagues so I'll give you a break down...

ICE 604 is more of a beginner league. If you are a good hockey player and can skate, you will simply dominate the league. It doesn't matter which tier you play, you will dominate. (my friend and I won a tier 2 championship on our own last year).

ASHL/PLANET ICE you will find much better competition if you are a good hockey player. I played in the 1st division last year (spring) and was shocked at how good some guys were. Played against a couple of guys that played professionally in Europe. A couple WHL/BCHL players and a guy from the NCAA.

With Planetice, I wasn't impressed with their spring schedule at all. You would have 2 weeks off and then a cluster of games (3 games 4 days kind of thing). I've been told that they are much better for the winter league though.

ICE604 winter, you will play VERY late at night (11pm is a very common start time). It's cheaper because they book the non premium ice times. They play out of the 8-rinks in Burnaby.

droller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 01:06 PM
droller*

Forgot to add... From playing in ICE 604 and hearing others speak of their leagues, ICE 604 is very well run. The commissioner (Herb Lee) listens to his customers (the players).

Herb will take pictures of games and makes sure to get at least 1 of every player. The stats are very accurate (any mistake, you are able to correct it before it's posted on the website if you want). Also included is a "team manager" game (each team manager will play in a game against each other).

Last but not least, ICE 604 puts on ALLSTAR games. They have roughly 4 all-star games (one for each division).

Old
04-06-2008, 11:18 PM
We'reGonnaWin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by droller View Post
Forgot to add... From playing in ICE 604 and hearing others speak of their leagues, ICE 604 is very well run. The commissioner (Herb Lee) listens to his customers (the players).

Herb will take pictures of games and makes sure to get at least 1 of every player. The stats are very accurate (any mistake, you are able to correct it before it's posted on the website if you want). Also included is a "team manager" game (each team manager will play in a game against each other).

Last but not least, ICE 604 puts on ALLSTAR games. They have roughly 4 all-star games (one for each division).
That you, Herb?

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2008, 11:36 PM
UserName

LOL herb is a good guy

His vachl league is not run as well as his ice 604 league.

UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:38 AM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by droller View Post
I've played in two of the leagues so I'll give you a break down...

ICE 604 is more of a beginner league. If you are a good hockey player and can skate, you will simply dominate the league. It doesn't matter which tier you play, you will dominate. (my friend and I won a tier 2 championship on our own last year).

ASHL/PLANET ICE you will find much better competition if you are a good hockey player. I played in the 1st division last year (spring) and was shocked at how good some guys were. Played against a couple of guys that played professionally in Europe. A couple WHL/BCHL players and a guy from the NCAA.

With Planetice, I wasn't impressed with their spring schedule at all. You would have 2 weeks off and then a cluster of games (3 games 4 days kind of thing). I've been told that they are much better for the winter league though.

ICE604 winter, you will play VERY late at night (11pm is a very common start time). It's cheaper because they book the non premium ice times. They play out of the 8-rinks in Burnaby.
Have you ever found the planet ice leagues to be a bit more chippier than other leagues? I remember playing in that league for a couple seasons in that league and there was more roughing/fighting that i've seen in other leagues. Maybe it was just the teams we were playing against.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:52 AM
droller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
Have you ever found the planet ice leagues to be a bit more chippier than other leagues? I remember playing in that league for a couple seasons in that league and there was more roughing/fighting that i've seen in other leagues. Maybe it was just the teams we were playing against.
Compared to Ice 604, I would say so yes. My team got in a couple fights last year with men in their 30s (we were a mix of 19-20 year olds).

Last spring one of my friends that plays in the league had his face smashed against the crossbar... cut him up pretty bad and chipped a couple of his teeth.

It's like this planet ice league is full of roid monkeys!

Old
04-07-2008, 04:01 AM
RobertKron

I think the Duffers league out at UBC will be back next season as well. No idea on the cost, though.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2008, 09:24 PM
KBstyle

I will search for good player. I'm sure there's alot of great league but it's ain't amusing when the talent level is too low.

Last year i was in a league with some co-worker and it was so boring.

Thanks guy for the help, i plan to arrive to Vancouver in september. I'm gonna check out a couple of league and give my nome for replacement. That way i will be able to judge by myself what league is for me.

Old
04-10-2008, 01:50 PM
droller*

Quote:
I will search for good player. I'm sure there's alot of great league but it's ain't amusing when the talent level is too low.

Last year i was in a league with some co-worker and it was so boring.

Thanks guy for the help, i plan to arrive to Vancouver in september. I'm gonna check out a couple of league and give my nome for replacement. That way i will be able to judge by myself what league is for me.
I would recommend Planet Ice (coquitlam, delta, maple ridge) or ASHL (burnaby, north van). They have multiple divisions (levels). You will fit in fine in one of these leagues.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:31 AM
FiveAndGame

I was hoping anyone with insight may be able to update me on the current leagues, etc.

FiveAndGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:13 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
I think the Duffers league out at UBC will be back next season as well. No idea on the cost, though.
I play in Duffers up in North Van, where there is also a ASHL league. Kind of depends on where you live but for myself being in downtown Vancouver between UBC, Burnaby 8-Rinks, and North Van the 3-rink facility on Mount Semyour Parkway, I prefer playing in North Van. At UBC you have to pay for parking and the facilities at 8-rinks are pretty small and kind of crappy. North Van though the arena is fairly new, built maybe 10 years ago, nice change rooms good facilities and while it's not by a lot probably the quickest rink for me to get to.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:47 PM
nullterm

vCash: 800
Reffing in ICE604 isn't as good as ASHL. Not horrible, but definitely a difference. Probably due to the late ice times. And yeah, 11pm ice times kinna suck. I think 604 refs aren't as experienced/older as the ASHL refs. I've heard that the VACHL is the best reffed with the least on ice drama.

As for the $700 season, that's just the way it is. Not enough ice for the lower mainland.

Last edited by nullterm: 07-03-2012 at 09:24 PM.
nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:29 PM
wreckless

IMO ashl is the only way to go if you can afford roughly 700 a year.

Way better competition, structure, stats, etc.

Of all the ashl leagues in the lower mainland, Burnaby 8rinks has the highest level of competition with respect to upper level divisions.

I play at both Burnaby 8rinks and Langley Twin Rinks.

wreckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
Ice 604 referees are brutal.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:48 AM
nullterm

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Ice 604 referees are brutal.
ASHL reffing isn't perfect either, but better by a good measure. They still miss calls or make bad ones. Only human.

Biggest difference is ICE604 refs aren't as good at keeping a lid on the game if it gets chippy. Same age group as players, some play in the league, so they either let things go further than they should cause it's their peers, or not as much respect from the players because they are peers. It's not Slapshot, but it is a touch more on ice drama and chippiness.

ASHL refs tend to be older guys who don't want any crap by a bunch of young punks on their watch. hahaha

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:25 AM
Hank4Hart

is the duffers league still on?

Hank4Hart is offline   Reply With Quote