HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds Picks in 2008?

Old
04-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Early on I think he was getting more shifts with Kopitar/Brown. When he went down with his rib injury, Patrick O'Sullivan took his spot on the line and they decided to keep him there. Going from Kopitar to like Derek Armstrong as your center will have an effect on production.

It's hard to gauge Cammy's value. He's young and a potential point per gamer, but he's also UFA after next season. Personally wouldn't give up Suter for him. If I were in charge I'd be dangling Franson instead, but I don't know how you guys value Franson right now.
he's not NHL ready next season from the folks who follow the Admirals in Milwaukee ... probably the year after

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 03:32 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
he's not NHL ready next season from the folks who follow the Admirals in Milwaukee ... probably the year after
In other words, when Zidlicky leaves in UFA, Franson has a spot on the Preds.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Early on I think he was getting more shifts with Kopitar/Brown. When he went down with his rib injury, Patrick O'Sullivan took his spot on the line and they decided to keep him there. Going from Kopitar to like Derek Armstrong as your center will have an effect on production.

It's hard to gauge Cammy's value. He's young and a potential point per gamer, but he's also UFA after next season. Personally wouldn't give up Suter for him. If I were in charge I'd be dangling Franson instead, but I don't know how you guys value Franson right now.
Well said. . have I seen you on the Kings board?

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:

I wouldn't give up either, even if a first round pick was included. Cammalleri is the wrong person for us to target....another smallish forward with a recent injury history. He has had 1 very good season, but his other two seasons have been in the 55 point mold....

04-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Well said. . have I seen you on the Kings board?
Yeah, and I post a lot on LGK. I grew up in Saugus, so the Kings are my default hometown team. I was an impressionable kid in '93 when the Kings' made the Finals. I was hooked on hockey from that point on, but the Kings sucked so I latched onto the Devils in '94. They won the Cup in '95 and I conveniently became a diehard

But I swear I spend more time on Kings' message boards. It's like having two kids where the Devils are completely self-sufficient and the Kings are that misfit with potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I wouldn't give up either, even if a first round pick was included. Cammalleri is the wrong person for us to target....another smallish forward with a recent injury history. He has had 1 very good season, but his other two seasons have been in the 55 point mold....
I was thinking Cammy would be a nice fit if Sullivan can't come back. Might just be me, but a 55 point guy isn't pedestrian. But the fact that he's UFA after this season diminishes his value.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Yeah, and I post a lot on LGK. I grew up in Saugus, so the Kings are my default hometown team. I was an impressionable kid in '93 when the Kings' made the Finals. I was hooked on hockey from that point on, but the Kings sucked so I latched onto the Devils in '94. They won the Cup in '95 and I conveniently became a diehard

But I swear I spend more time on Kings' message boards. It's like having two kids where the Devils are completely self-sufficient and the Kings are that misfit with potential.

I was thinking Cammy would be a nice fit if Sullivan can't come back. Might just be me, but a 55 point guy isn't pedestrian. But the fact that he's UFA after this season diminishes his value.
Exactly

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

The idea of Cammy for Suter came way back when Cammy was producing at a PPG and Suter was being scratched, also he had almost 2 years left. For some reason the idea is still being thrown around. It would be pointless now

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote