HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

why dont leafs get credit?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-03-2004, 06:00 AM
  #1
zzzzzd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: ft myers fl
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to zzzzzd Send a message via Yahoo to zzzzzd
why dont leafs get credit?

when the leafs blow out a team its because the other team had a bad game but when the leafs get blown out its cause the other team is better, in no way is this the Toronto team you are gonna see on tuesday, i give the flyers credit they played a hell of alot better then the leafs but its not hard when the other team doesent show up.

lest you forget last year the leafs shut out philadelphia at home twice back to back, and the leafs should have home ice advantage but the league point system is crap. see you in Toronto

I put this on the flyers gdt after i could take any more of that "we're the best talk" and i liked my point so i posted it here


Last edited by zzzzzd: 05-03-2004 at 10:16 AM.
zzzzzd is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 06:30 AM
  #2
Dr.HelmutKohl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dr.HelmutKohl
I think I can tell you why the leafs dont get any credit. Its because of the fans. Some, and I wanna point out its really only a dime in a dozen, Maple Leaf Fans are just such disgusting big mouths, its really not funny anymore. And people love to see them lose and then ride about that time and again, make fun of them, etc.

Im not pointing at anyone and I gotta say that virtually every fan on this board is open-minded towards other teams fans and quite fair. I dont wanna start a flame-war here, I just wanted to give you an honest answer to your question and I hope you appreciate it and dont get me wrong.

Dr.HelmutKohl is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 10:31 AM
  #3
rinkrat13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.HelmutKohl
I think I can tell you why the leafs dont get any credit. Its because of the fans. Some, and I wanna point out its really only a dime in a dozen, Maple Leaf Fans are just such disgusting big mouths, its really not funny anymore. And people love to see them lose and then ride about that time and again, make fun of them, etc.

Im not pointing at anyone and I gotta say that virtually every fan on this board is open-minded towards other teams fans and quite fair. I dont wanna start a flame-war here, I just wanted to give you an honest answer to your question and I hope you appreciate it and dont get me wrong.
I think you didn't mean to say a dime a dozen, a dime a dozen means a lot -
that's 10 out of 12... anyway, I think you're right. I've been a Leaf fan for all my life (always have and always will - and, not at just at playoff time) and I CAN'T stand some of the Leaf fans I run into on the streets, the bars, at work, on the subway, even some on these boards - they are morons and give all Leaf fans a bad name.


Last edited by rinkrat13: 05-03-2004 at 10:36 AM.
rinkrat13 is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 10:34 AM
  #4
Sting
Registered User
 
Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,276
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkrat13
I think you didn't mean to say a dime a dozen, a dime a dozen means a lot -
that's 10 out of 12.
I remember making that mistake 4-5 years ago.

Sting is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 10:39 AM
  #5
MacDaddy TLC*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Leafin La Vida Loca
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,463
vCash: 500
It's a chicken-egg thing with regards to the Chancelor of Germany's post. Leafs fans are sick to death of fans of other teams, especially the fans of other Canadian teams and their taking potshots at the Leafs at every turn. They all have an anyone but the Leafs attitude, yet whine and ***** when Leafs fans cheer against the other Canadian teams and then start with that ridiculous well keep it in Canada mantra, which is more ridiculous when some teams in Canada have less than half Canadian content on their rosters.

MacDaddy TLC* is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 01:04 PM
  #6
Fleet*
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: city of Richmond, V
Posts: 1,163
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Fleet*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.HelmutKohl
I think I can tell you why the leafs dont get any credit. Its because of the fans. Some, and I wanna point out its really only a dime in a dozen, Maple Leaf Fans are just such disgusting big mouths, its really not funny anymore. And people love to see them lose and then ride about that time and again, make fun of them, etc.

Im not pointing at anyone and I gotta say that virtually every fan on this board is open-minded towards other teams fans and quite fair. I dont wanna start a flame-war here, I just wanted to give you an honest answer to your question and I hope you appreciate it and dont get me wrong.
I think you took it a little far there. In U.S.A. alot of people look at the name Toronto Maple Leafs and says "Their team's name is Maple Leafs they're gay". I am tired of it the Leafs aren't gay. The Leafs do get credit it is just that the other team is to upset and cought up in their foolish pride to give the Leafs credit.

Fleet* is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 01:09 PM
  #7
Porn*
Registered User
 
Porn*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In your nightmares
Country: Israel
Posts: 34,977
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Porn*
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkrat13
I think you didn't mean to say a dime a dozen, a dime a dozen means a lot -
that's 10 out of 12... anyway, I think you're right. I've been a Leaf fan for all my life (always have and always will - and, not at just at playoff time) and I CAN'T stand some of the Leaf fans I run into on the streets, the bars, at work, on the subway, even some on these boards - they are morons and give all Leaf fans a bad name.
In many cases... the people who talk stupid at bars and games are in fact those bandwagon hoppers who take hockey serious for the playoffs and dont understand that its also a game of respect. Very rarely would you see a true hockey fan acting like a pig to another fan... i just dont see it happening.

Porn* is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 01:10 PM
  #8
Gags1288
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,356
vCash: 500
I think that some of the reason is that the Leaf players are unwilling to give the other team any credit when they lose. The Leaf players often attribute a loss to bad luck. This past game, instead of McCabe giving Recchi credit for knocking down the puck and scoring, he calls it luck. When the Leafs do play a good game, people don't want to give them credit because they don't ever give the other team credit.

Gags1288 is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 01:27 PM
  #9
ACC1224
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 32,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
I think that some of the reason is that the Leaf players are unwilling to give the other team any credit when they lose. The Leaf players often attribute a loss to bad luck. This past game, instead of McCabe giving Recchi credit for knocking down the puck and scoring, he calls it luck. When the Leafs do play a good game, people don't want to give them credit because they don't ever give the other team credit.
Recchi was lucky that McCabe made a dumba$$ play.

ACC1224 is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 05:32 PM
  #10
Gert B Frobe
Registered User
 
Gert B Frobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SE PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
I think you took it a little far there. In U.S.A. alot of people look at the name Toronto Maple Leafs and says "Their team's name is Maple Leafs they're gay". I am tired of it the Leafs aren't gay.
What the hell is gay about a maple leaf? It's a plant for God's sake. I can't believe I just responded to your post, now I feel stupid.

Gert B Frobe is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 05:33 PM
  #11
Gert B Frobe
Registered User
 
Gert B Frobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SE PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
Recchi was lucky that McCabe made a dumba$$ play.
He finished the play, that part wasn't lucky.

Gert B Frobe is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 05:41 PM
  #12
LeeIs
M a t s
 
LeeIs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: T.O.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.HelmutKohl
I think I can tell you why the leafs dont get any credit. Its because of the fans. Some, and I wanna point out its really only a dime in a dozen, Maple Leaf Fans are just such disgusting big mouths, its really not funny anymore. And people love to see them lose and then ride about that time and again, make fun of them, etc.

Im not pointing at anyone and I gotta say that virtually every fan on this board is open-minded towards other teams fans and quite fair. I dont wanna start a flame-war here, I just wanted to give you an honest answer to your question and I hope you appreciate it and dont get me wrong.
Do you even know what the f*** you're talking about ? Which Leaf fan that you know wants to see the Leafs lose? You're just blabbing off your big mouth and have said nothing about anything. You say you don't "wanna start a flame-war" and you say leaf fans are "digusting big mouths".

f***!

Yeah , I really f***ing appreciate it.

LeeIs is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 05:49 PM
  #13
LeeIs
M a t s
 
LeeIs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: T.O.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
I think that some of the reason is that the Leaf players are unwilling to give the other team any credit when they lose. The Leaf players often attribute a loss to bad luck. This past game, instead of McCabe giving Recchi credit for knocking down the puck and scoring, he calls it luck. When the Leafs do play a good game, people don't want to give them credit because they don't ever give the other team credit.
McCabe said he was Solely responsible for the Game 5 loss. I think he's correct for coming out and saying that. Now if you want him to say Recchi made a beautiful steal followed by a great shot. YOU WON'T hear such a thing, niether should you. He put the whole loss on his own head which is more than you can say about alot of other players.

LeeIs is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 06:02 PM
  #14
Gags1288
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,356
vCash: 500
I understand that he said that. He also said that it was a lucky steal by Recchi and that he's made the pass 100's of times. He should just come out and say we didn't get it done, they were the better team today, and move on. Instead, he calls a great play "luck" and gives the flyers little credit for a great game.

Gags1288 is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 06:07 PM
  #15
LeeIs
M a t s
 
LeeIs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: T.O.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
I understand that he said that. He also said that it was a lucky steal by Recchi and that he's made the pass 100's of times. He should just come out and say we didn't get it done, they were the better team today, and move on. Instead, he calls a great play "luck" and gives the flyers little credit for a great game.
Doesn't make any sense.

So maybe he thought it was really luck. You're mixing up that single play and the game as a whole. If he thought that Recchi's "interception" was luck , does that mean he thinks the flyers won the Game by luck? No. He's talking about that one play.

LeeIs is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 06:19 PM
  #16
Dave Carlson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIs
Doesn't make any sense.

So maybe he thought it was really luck. You're mixing up that single play and the game as a whole. If he thought that Recchi's "interception" was luck , does that mean he thinks the flyers won the Game by luck? No. He's talking about that one play.
If you would like a better example of what he is talking about, the first two games the leafs lost the players repeatedly blaimed the loss on bad bounces and bad luck.

Dave Carlson is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 07:19 PM
  #17
zzzzzd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: ft myers fl
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to zzzzzd Send a message via Yahoo to zzzzzd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
I think that some of the reason is that the Leaf players are unwilling to give the other team any credit when they lose. The Leaf players often attribute a loss to bad luck. This past game, instead of McCabe giving Recchi credit for knocking down the puck and scoring, he calls it luck. When the Leafs do play a good game, people don't want to give them credit because they don't ever give the other team credit.

the leaf players allways give credit when credits due, and my post was about the leafs not getting any when they blow out a team, or even win,

zzzzzd is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 07:23 PM
  #18
zzzzzd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: ft myers fl
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to zzzzzd Send a message via Yahoo to zzzzzd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
I understand that he said that. He also said that it was a lucky steal by Recchi and that he's made the pass 100's of times. He should just come out and say we didn't get it done, they were the better team today, and move on. Instead, he calls a great play "luck" and gives the flyers little credit for a great game.
the flyers played good but its not hard to look better then a team when the other teams not playing and if any one says the leafs were at there best last night then you need to see a docter cause i think your head might be softer the JR's.

zzzzzd is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 05:13 PM
  #19
Dr.HelmutKohl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dr.HelmutKohl
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIs
Do you even know what the f*** you're talking about ? Which Leaf fan that you know wants to see the Leafs lose? You're just blabbing off your big mouth and have said nothing about anything. You say you don't "wanna start a flame-war" and you say leaf fans are "digusting big mouths".

f***!

Yeah , I really f***ing appreciate it.
@leeis
ok, I guess you didnt really understand what I wanted to say, sorry if that is because of my strange english (at least sometimes). But perhaps you should have tried to read it another time. If you read it at all.

@everybody else
Thats the kind of Leaf Fan Im talking about
Can you see how he's trying to find any kind of assault on the average Leafs Fan?. I said some Fans are disgusting big mouths, he tries to make it sound as if I said every Leafs Fan was like that. I dunno why he does that. I just wanted to give you my opinion on the initially question. I would really understand if he doesnt agree to what I said, but instead of giving his opinion, he starts flaming. And thats exactly what Im talking about: He isnt able to respect my opinion, as well as some Leafs Fans are not able to respect if a team is better than the Leafs and wins a game. Instead, they try to blame bad luck or whatever they find.

I dont say that you cant find that kind of fans on other teams too, but, in contrast to US hockey clubs, there are more of them. And thats not becaus Toronto is worse than any of those US cities but just because there are more hockey fans in Toronto, and due to that, there are of course more hockey fans who have no clue what they are talking about but just like to see their team win...

Dr.HelmutKohl is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 05:49 PM
  #20
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.HelmutKohl
@leeis
ok, I guess you didnt really understand what I wanted to say, sorry if that is because of my strange english (at least sometimes). But perhaps you should have tried to read it another time. If you read it at all.

@everybody else
Thats the kind of Leaf Fan Im talking about
Can you see how he's trying to find any kind of assault on the average Leafs Fan?. I said some Fans are disgusting big mouths, he tries to make it sound as if I said every Leafs Fan was like that. I dunno why he does that. I just wanted to give you my opinion on the initially question. I would really understand if he doesnt agree to what I said, but instead of giving his opinion, he starts flaming. And thats exactly what Im talking about: He isnt able to respect my opinion, as well as some Leafs Fans are not able to respect if a team is better than the Leafs and wins a game. Instead, they try to blame bad luck or whatever they find.

I dont say that you cant find that kind of fans on other teams too, but, in contrast to US hockey clubs, there are more of them. And thats not becaus Toronto is worse than any of those US cities but just because there are more hockey fans in Toronto, and due to that, there are of course more hockey fans who have no clue what they are talking about but just like to see their team win...
great post, I agree with about everything he has said

FlyHigh is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 06:35 PM
  #21
s7ark
Moderator
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.HelmutKohl
@leeis
ok, I guess you didnt really understand what I wanted to say, sorry if that is because of my strange english (at least sometimes). But perhaps you should have tried to read it another time. If you read it at all.

@everybody else
Thats the kind of Leaf Fan Im talking about
Can you see how he's trying to find any kind of assault on the average Leafs Fan?. I said some Fans are disgusting big mouths, he tries to make it sound as if I said every Leafs Fan was like that. I dunno why he does that. I just wanted to give you my opinion on the initially question. I would really understand if he doesnt agree to what I said, but instead of giving his opinion, he starts flaming. And thats exactly what Im talking about: He isnt able to respect my opinion, as well as some Leafs Fans are not able to respect if a team is better than the Leafs and wins a game. Instead, they try to blame bad luck or whatever they find.

I dont say that you cant find that kind of fans on other teams too, but, in contrast to US hockey clubs, there are more of them. And thats not becaus Toronto is worse than any of those US cities but just because there are more hockey fans in Toronto, and due to that, there are of course more hockey fans who have no clue what they are talking about but just like to see their team win...

s7ark is offline  
Old
05-07-2004, 01:32 AM
  #22
Christ
Registered User
 
Christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.HelmutKohl
I think I can tell you why the leafs dont get any credit. Its because of the fans. Some, and I wanna point out its really only a dime in a dozen, Maple Leaf Fans are just such disgusting big mouths, its really not funny anymore. And people love to see them lose and then ride about that time and again, make fun of them, etc.

First you may wish to rethink your dime in a dozen comment. I believe that you meant to say that only a small fraction of Leaf fans behave in this manner but the ten of every twelve Leafs fans that a dime in a dozen is a bit more then this small fraction. Now as for some Leaf fans having disgusting big mouths I agree with you totally. Where I disagree with you is concerning your belief that this small percentage of our fan base should determine how non-leaf supporters think of the Leafs. Every team has some disgusting big mouths supporting their team...some of the fans of the Habs, Islanders, Flyers and Senators immediatly jump to my attention here. Even with these disgusting big mouths supporting their respective teams those team still gets credit for hard fought victories. This constant hate that non-leaf fans have for the Leafs is in my opinion the product of somethings much more complicated then simply a few fans getting on people's nerves.

Christ is offline  
Old
05-07-2004, 07:29 AM
  #23
Dr.HelmutKohl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dr.HelmutKohl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ
First you may wish to rethink your dime in a dozen comment. I believe that you meant to say that only a small fraction of Leaf fans behave in this manner but the ten of every twelve Leafs fans that a dime in a dozen is a bit more then this small fraction. Now as for some Leaf fans having disgusting big mouths I agree with you totally. Where I disagree with you is concerning your belief that this small percentage of our fan base should determine how non-leaf supporters think of the Leafs. Every team has some disgusting big mouths supporting their team...some of the fans of the Habs, Islanders, Flyers and Senators immediatly jump to my attention here. Even with these disgusting big mouths supporting their respective teams those team still gets credit for hard fought victories. This constant hate that non-leaf fans have for the Leafs is in my opinion the product of somethings much more complicated then simply a few fans getting on people's nerves.
Yea, that dime in a dozen thing was a mistake, I wanted to say that its only a small fraction but mixed some idioms up . Sorry but that... It was mentioned earlier in the thread...

Dr.HelmutKohl is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.